BTW, the Pool Sucker T-shirt also comes in purple. :D

Attachments

• Sucker Purple.jpg
    Sucker Purple.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 173

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a good feeling that we're going to have a winner by Wednesday, September 7th. I think the odds are better for this contest to have a winner too.

The material of these shirts is by American Apparel. We actually went down to the store and felt all the materials. American Apparel is the Triple Crown of T-shirt material, and after you feel it, you realize why it's the number one choice. It is more expensive, but it's worth it because of the way it's made and the way it looks.

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The odds of correctly choosing 2 balls from a group of 69 balls where you cannot choose the same number twice is 1 in 4,692. :)

Last edited:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The odds of correctly choosing 2 balls from a group of 69 balls where you cannot choose the same number twice is 1 in 4,692. :)

How interesting is it that 2 numbers out of 69 *plus* a Powerball number between 1 and 26 has these odds: 1:701.33.

I would think that 2 numbers out of 69 by themselves -- WITHOUT the Powerball number -- would be better odds than 1:701.33.

Not sure about your math, though, of these odds: 1:4692.00

Are you the same person who provided the odds on the last contest? I can't remember. :eek:

Last edited:

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
I like it when someone shoots with authority! There's something to be said about the power of positive thinking. :D

You may have mentioned it somewhere else in the thread (and if so, I apologize for missing it) but is this like the last contest where your entry stays till the prize is won, unless you wanna change numbers?

Thanks again for doing these, lots of fun.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You may have mentioned it somewhere else in the thread (and if so, I apologize for missing it) but is this like the last contest where your entry stays till the prize is won, unless you wanna change numbers?

Thanks again for doing these, lots of fun.

Yes, we'll keep going until somebody wins. I sure do hope they do on Wednesday, September 7, but if they don't, we'll do it again next PowerBall drawing after that, which will be Saturday, September 10. :)

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How interesting is it that 2 numbers out of 69 *plus* a Powerball number between 1 and 26 has these odds: 1:701.33.

I would think that 2 numbers out of 69 by themselves -- WITHOUT the Powerball number -- would be better odds than 1:701.33.

Not sure about your math, though, of these odds: 1:4692.00

Are you the same person who provided the odds on the last contest? I can't remember. :eek:

So this is how I come to these odds. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Let's use a very simplified example.

Say you have only 3 balls. The first ball has a 1:3 chance of being right. Now you cannot choose that ball again so the second pick has a 1:2 chance of being right. Multiply the odds of both picks being right 1:3 x 1:2 = 1:6. With 3 balls, there are 6 possible outcomes. 1 and 2, 1 and 3, 2 and 1, 2 and 3, 3 and 1, and 3 and 2. As you can see, there are reversed but similar picks. That is the difference in the odds I stated and the odds you stated. If 1 and 25 and 25 and 1 are both paying regardless of which is drawn first, the odds are dramatically reduced. If the order of the drawn balls matters, the odds are 1:69 × 1:68 = 1:4,692.

So it comes down to wether it matters if the order of the drawn two numbers counts or not. I picked 8 and 13. Will I win if the draw is 13 then 8 or must it be 8 then 13?

I apologize if I come off being Debby Downer. I just like math. :)