2016 AZB Ghost Challenge - Official Thread

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
8-ball pro version 7-4 win ^^

I gonna go Finland qualifying tournament for Darren Appleton´s 8-ball world series soon... There is also gonna be Gorst and other Russian stars too :)
So I try get out of slump and play first time 8-ball this year. I did practice breaking little and played first poor sets against ghost that I forfeited.
My back(rheumatism) has been awful lately so I can´t play at times. I just hope it does not go cramp like it did couple weeks ago. Then I can´t turn my head and aim get too difficult.

After a while I played some more and manage to pull 7-4 victory :eek:against 8-ball pro version with break outside from box...
Great rule if you ask me. A lot of problematic racks after the break.
I believe it gonna be good tournament because of that..

I put link to match later...

Ps. I have new phone and better setup so it should be full HD now :p

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was preparing Darren´s 8-ball tournament qualifications last week. So I tried to practice my 8-ball patterns. So I did play against Pro-Ghost with me doing English commentary while playing.. :embarrassed2:
I believe somebody could find some stuff useful to learn play 8-ball if you are not pro level. My cueball control is little off so I get a lot of difficult racks. Some racks are difficult due break outside of box.

I got early lead as usual then I start doing some stupid mistakes and I lost eventually 6-7:mad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwTHw4AFn4k&feature=youtu.be

Scott Brazier

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Carl, it's Mr. Brazier

Nice shooting.

Just a bit of advice, you seem to be in your zone when you're listening to your music. If you want to be a professional you need to be able to block out everything around you without the ear buds. Sorry I didn't give you a better game playing 9-Ball. I made it to guaranteed 5-6 in the 8-Ball singles and forfeited my match because they weren't going to finish the singles before the teams started and I didn't have a hotel room to stay another night. That's the thing I hate about Stich's tournaments, the singles never finish on schedule. Anyway, next time I see ya, we'll have to play a few sets.

Where is your revo?

Later

Is this at hippos in Utica?

Last edited:

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Carl, it's Mr. Brazier

Nice shooting.

Just a bit of advice, you seem to be in your zone when you're listening to your music. If you want to be a professional you need to be able to block out everything around you without the ear buds. Sorry I didn't give you a better game playing 9-Ball. I made it to guaranteed 5-6 in the 8-Ball singles and forfeited my match because they weren't going to finish the singles before the teams started and I didn't have a hotel room to stay another night. That's the thing I hate about Stich's tournaments, the singles never finish on schedule. Anyway, next time I see ya, we'll have to play a few sets.

Where is your revo?

Later

How do you think about tighter table of yours? Your game went up a notch or...?

classicjay17

Registered
9 pack vs ghost

Caught a stroke today and beat the ghost 7 - 0. Kept going and wound up with a 9 pack. Got poor position & missed the 9 in the 10th rack. I have been wanting to shut him out for a while now. Squandered a couple of 5 - 0 leads in the past, but finally got it today.

https://youtu.be/EIhzDOBeWaY

classicjay17

Registered
Thanks Dr Dave and Side Pocket.

Side pocket, your table is insanely tough now, especially since it's a 10 footer. But judging by your other videos, something tells me you'll put a 10 pack together against the ghost sooner rather than later.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I played one set of the 9 ball ghost just now, lost 5-7.

Now, time to build some shelves and get organized:)

classicjay17

Registered
Gave the pro ghost a run for his money tonight, but he made a great comeback and got me. Had a 6-4 lead, but ended up losing 6-7.

Frustrating to be so close and lose the last 3, but still the best I've done in my limited time trying this version of the ghost. I definitely had my chances to win the set.

Will try to post the video in the next couple of days.

Scott Brazier

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is extremely tough to beat the ghost playing pro version. Sounds like you played very well. Looking forward to watching the video.

w
Gave the pro ghost a run for his money tonight, but he made a great comeback and got me. Had a 6-4 lead, but ended up losing 6-7.

Frustrating to be so close and lose the last 3, but still the best I've done in my limited time trying this version of the ghost. I definitely had my chances to win the set.

classicjay17

Registered

Here's the video, 6 - 7 loss to Pro Ghost. Definitely need to work on more consistency in my break. Lost too many games simply because I didn't have an opening shot.

https://youtu.be/eAG-N48eYEU