2016 AZB Ghost Challenge - Official Thread

Scott Brazier

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well Dennis Hatch beat me 7-3. Him and Earl had been playing for almost 5 hours and when I got up to play Hatch I asked if I could warm up for a bit. He let me shoot 3 balls for my warm up. My stroke and focus was nowhere near existence. I know if he would have allowed 15 - 20 minutes for me to stroke some balls I would have given him a run for his money.

Anyway I played the Pro Version 9-Ball ghost challenge today. Got lucky on two of the racks, had the ghost down 6-1 and finally closed the match out with a 7-2 win. Had a great jump shot, I played shape on the 3 ball and didn't see the 2 ball so I pocketed the 2 ball with a jump shot. Here is the video hope you enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U12ArAGqT0o&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:

classicjay17

Registered
Side Pocket, sorry to here you weren't able to warm up before your match with Dennis Hatch. You still got 3 games off him without even being in stroke, that's still pretty darn good.

I haven't watched the video yet, but 7-2 against the 9b pro ghost is STRONG!

Last edited:

classicjay17

Registered
I've been getting my butt kicked by the 10 ball ghost for the last two weeks until I finally got him 7-6 this past Sunday. Got lucky with a 2-10 combo in the first rack. Also got out of line in rack 3, but got lucky to kick the 4 ball in.

Before this win, my closest was a 4-7 loss. 10 ball ghost is a bit different than his little brother the 9 ball ghost...

Here is the link: https://youtu.be/qt8XlxXx-3M

Scott Brazier

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Side Pocket, sorry to here you weren't able to warm up before your match with Dennis Hatch. You still got 3 games off him without even being in stroke, that's still pretty darn good.

I haven't watched the video yet, but 7-2 against the 9b pro ghost is STRONG!

Thank you. That was a typo, I beat the ghost 7-3.

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Here is my video challenging the ghost in the 10-Ball challenge. In the 3rd tack I had to make two back to back jump shots. Basement Dweller, you have a challenge to beat me with a 8-0 win or better.

Victorl, chalk me up for a 7-0 victory in the standard 10-Ball challenge. Here is the video. Hope you enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvo7razPDYY&feature=youtu.be
Awesome shooting ... as usual!

Do you plan to enter the $2500 BU Playing-Ability-Exam Challenge? You should be a favorite to win the $1000 in the non-top-pro division.

Even if you don't enter the challenge, please consider posting scores (and videos if available) on the AZB BU Sticky Thread.

I look forward to seeing how high you can score, especially on that 10-foot table of yours.

Good luck,
Dave

Scott Brazier

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Awesome shooting ... as usual!

Do you plan to enter the $2500 BU Playing-Ability-Exam Challenge? You should be a favorite to win the $1000 in the non-top-pro division.

Even if you don't enter the challenge, please consider posting scores (and videos if available) on the AZB BU Sticky Thread.

I look forward to seeing how high you can score, especially on that 10-foot table of yours.

Good luck,
Dave

Yes I plan to enter the challenge but first I'm going to take the first place spot in the 10 Ball Pro Version.

I'm comin for ya, Poolmanis. :D

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
Here is my video challenging the ghost in the 10-Ball challenge. In the 3rd tack I had to make two back to back jump shots. Basement Dweller, you have a challenge to beat me with a 8-0 win or better.

Victorl, chalk me up for a 7-0 victory in the standard 10-Ball challenge. Here is the video. Hope you enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvo7razPDYY&feature=youtu.be

OP updated with everyone's scores.
Awesome shooting again Sidepocket!

We need someone to step up before he takes over the whole ranking list! :p

Scott Brazier

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Me and Earl Strickland.

Attachments

• 20160511_123708.jpg
    20160511_123708.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 356

Scott Brazier

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ooooooo! Purdy! Let us know what you think after you've played with it for a while. I, for one, am very curious. :thumbup:

I love it. I've already put over 20 hours in and it is amazing how much more accurate my shots are. It would be extremely difficult to convince me that there is a better shaft out there. The REVO shaft is amazing, if you ever have the chance to try one out you will agree with me. :thumbup:

Scott Brazier

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Every time I've seen Earl Strickland and have tried talking to him, it just seems like he does not like me at all. I was just looking at the photo of him and I and it looks like I could be his better looking brother. Maybe that's why he don't like me. LOL.

Attachments

• 20160511_123708.jpg
    20160511_123708.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 321
Last edited:

Player

I'm your huckleberry
Silver Member
He definitely has the deer in the headlights look there.

Looks like he may have been thinking about having to play you with that new Revo haha.