Shaw

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Actually, it happened to me. 2013. Euro's had won the Cup earlier that day. It was Colonel Mustard with a candlestick in the Beatles Revolution Lounge of MGM. Shortly thereafter, when Karl said to Hatch "I'm a champ & you're a chump", things got a bit uglier.

I wasn't overly offended by the multiple "English culture" crotch grabs by him - he did it with a smile, lol. I'd guess it was a strange way to pay a compliment. Eliminate any thoughts of sexual intent, please. I was taken aback for sure, but there's bigger fish to fry.

I am so glad you chimed in. I think some readers may have thought that the Scottish culture of crotch grabbing was a joke. It's real, folks. Very real! :grin-square:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I saw that about Shaw's apology - but I don't see his apology now on Facebook either.

I just went on FB. It is still there. I think he genuinely feels bad about what happened. I hope the two of them can mend fences. We can all act goofy sometimes. Hope the two of them will put this behind them.

Chicagoplayer

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
It's a cultural thing-

I am so glad you chimed in. I think some readers may have thought that the Scottish culture of crotch grabbing was a joke. It's real, folks. Very real! :grin-square:

Yup, me, JAM, KoolKat there among others :cool:

Just remember, these blokes were able to drink an entire event venue dry-
there's bound to be some stuff they do that just don't fly here,
partially cause it's weird, partially cause it's unexpected, and partially because we don't joke with the junk.

Not everybody knows, 'cept those in the know.

www.facebook.com/raisingthehustler

@raisingthehustler
#raisingthehustler
#pooldocumentary
#poolordie

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Best....best....best ! ! damn phone..this aint the first time....gotta start proofreading before I hit submit :embarrassed2:

This might not be a good time to ask you to define the term 'bedhead'

:grin-square:

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member

partially cause it's weird, partially cause it's unexpected, and partially because we don't joke with the junk.

@raisingthehustler
#raisingthehustler
#pooldocumentary
#poolordie

they're in AMERICA now where until lately peeps in their late 20's were expected to conduct themselves as being kinda, sorta of grown in public, not like crazed frat boyz trippin on pane

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
You may be the teacher's assistant and Watchez the teacher. Well, all right. You all know what it is. It's JAM, JAM, the the dancing machine --> HERE

I can't play your link.....I'm on my original IPad that I use for kindle.....
....but if it came to words between us....I'm willing to learn...with you, the words are always
didactic.

I have a few 'go-to' guys about grammar and spelling.....
....and none of them are guys....:scratchhead:

What would us knuckle draggers do without y'all

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can't play your link.....I'm on my original IPad that I use for kindle.....
....but if it came to words between us....I'm willing to learn...with you, the words are always
didactic.

I have a few 'go-to' guys about grammar and spelling.....
....and none of them are guys....:scratchhead:

What would us knuckle draggers do without y'all

Aw, shucks! :lovies:

See if you see it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGSK0kNvLoA

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

@raisingthehustler
#raisingthehustler
#pooldocumentary
#poolordie

Sounds like a lot of celebrating. Sometimes folks can get carried away. Men, in particular, get this male dominance thing going when they drink sometimes. :eek:

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As long as he didn't flick his testy I don't see the issue.

Nothing wrong with a little cuppage among friends :grin:

barrymuch90

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Quick sidenote---

Anyone watch the Danny smith bank pool ahead set on the action room at the derby, there was suddenly some commotion in the lower left area of the screen and the game obviously stopped and people cleared out and a few guys started yelling and cussing along the lines of,"you'll remember me"
Or something like that and then the room cleared the possible aggressor out and then who appears on screen In bottom left looking guilty as ever? Shane winters lol Danny smith asks him what happened and he slyly whispers something to him then kind of fades out of the room.

The only thing I could make out was maybe the guy yelling snuck Shane or vice versa but I honestly have no idea n I'm more surprised that nothing was brought up about it on az. I'm guessing only a few saw it but I figured those at the derby would of heard something n wrote about it. Anyway just figured I'd mention in this thread since I read through it n just thought of it so hopefully I don't have the story to backwards n would like some details lol I was like half asleep watching them live n all of a sudden the room starts shifting as a whole n clearing out n I missed the first like 5 seconds but woke up 100% n had my iPhone to my ear trying to hear what was going on lol

PoppaSaun

Banned
I'm sorry to read about Shaw's behavior at the Derby. The British culture may be a little different than American culture, i.e., grabbing the crotch. I've seen it happen in movies before, and it was just a dominance move, like one male dog humping another male dog. :embarrassed2:

I know firsthand what alcohol can do to one's personality. Some can still shoot well on alcohol, and others fold like a lawn chair.

Personally, I have always liked the pool rooms that served no alcohol. The atmosphere is more pool-centric. When you add alcohol to the mix, especially with gambling, it doesn't blend well sometimes.

Shaw is a young buck and still finding his way. He's had major life-changing happenings in his life, and I hope he learns to balance his work life (pool) with his home life (family).

In the end, pool is cool and all that, but it isn't very good to someone when they grow old alone and can't run a rack anymore. You find out who your friends really are.

Wishing Jayson Shaw the best, poor guy.

That is disgusting. Nearly as disgusting as justifying the (rumored) act.

I lived in UK long enough to know that crotch grabbing is not a usual act.