The BIG Mezz shaft thread!

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Questions ....I have this Mezz Carom cue and want to have a standard shaft made for it...what type of pin is this...and does Mezz sell the female part separately?

Thanks in advance.

I know a player who have the same 3cushion cue, very nice cue.
Mezz have their own Wavy pin. It's fairly close to 3/8-9.
Some cuemakers have a wavy tap, but it's crazy expensive. I payed $400 for mine!
The minor is 8mm according to the faq sheet from elforyn. That's about .315" while a 3/8-10M is .308" Radial is .312"
When you look closely at the Wavy pin you will see the resemblence to Radial.

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kim Bye or others,

I'm trying to find some info on a Mezz break shaft. I want to fit one on a butt I really love. It is 5/16-14 piloted. I understand the United joint fits, and I have since put 2 different ones on there. I tried the Deep Impact Pro (I think? it had a line around the shaft line 6 inches up from the joint), and also some other one can't remember which. Both fit fine, although the diameter of the collar was too small.

I'm just trying to figure out which Mezz break shaft is the stiffest and/or hits hardest. Also, I can't seem to find any info about whether their break shafts are low deflection.

Any and all info would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

KMRUNOUT

Big-Tattoo

I'm back
Silver Member
Kim Bye or others,

I'm trying to find some info on a Mezz break shaft. I want to fit one on a butt I really love. It is 5/16-14 piloted. I understand the United joint fits, and I have since put 2 different ones on there. I tried the Deep Impact Pro (I think? it had a line around the shaft line 6 inches up from the joint), and also some other one can't remember which. Both fit fine, although the diameter of the collar was too small.

I'm just trying to figure out which Mezz break shaft is the stiffest and/or hits hardest. Also, I can't seem to find any info about whether their break shafts are low deflection.

Thanks,

KMRUNOUT

you tried the H or R shaft
the H has the darker Wood near the Bottom where the R shaft has the ASH Wood on that Place.
That R is still the best from all

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kim Bye or others,

Thanks,

KMRUNOUT

The "H" shafts is the stiffest with it`s Massaranduba (bullet wood) core.
Low deflection gives you no benefits in a break or jump shaft. You want maximum power through that CB.

Robvandam

PooOooL
Kim Bye or others,

Thanks,

KMRUNOUT
Hi, I have had the good fortune to own all of the Mezz break shafts. Heres a breakdown I did awhile go.

Thing to take note of is the weight differences between the shafts as this will affect the cue balance quite considerably.

de99900a286b643c54fee3d376391ad9.jpg

Hope this helps.

Cheers 🍻

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

Big-Tattoo

I'm back
Silver Member
Hi, I have had the good fortune to own all of the Mezz break shafts. Heres a breakdown I did awhile go.

Thing to take note of is the weight differences between the shafts as this will affect the cue balance quite considerably.

de99900a286b643c54fee3d376391ad9.jpg

Hope this helps.

Cheers 🍻

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk
I have an R shaft for sale, test hit only with a Samsara tip on, 124 gramm:wink:
300$ shipped

samiun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Today I received my WX700 with the new nx ferrule from a local cue maker, the shaft has a crack on the ferrule before being replaced with a new one. After a while, I noticed that the ferrule seems to be longer than before, also the ferrule are so white compared to normal mezz ferrule. I forgot to measure the ferrule before send it for repair.

Does anyone know how long the WX700 ferrule is (in cm)?

Thanks.

Kimmo H.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
^ If my memory works I believe that Mezz uses standard 1" ferrules (25.4mm) on the WX700 and HP2 shafts. I'm sure someone who owns a wx700 can verify but thats what i recall the ferrule being :embarrassed2:

Did you ask what your cue repair man used for the ferrule? I always ask the customer what they want on their shaft before I even put the shaft in the lathe.

samiun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
^ If my memory works I believe that Mezz uses standard 1" ferrules (25.4mm) on the WX700 and HP2 shafts. I'm sure someone who owns a wx700 can verify but thats what i recall the ferrule being :embarrassed2:

Did you ask what your cue repair man used for the ferrule? I always ask the customer what they want on their shaft before I even put the shaft in the lathe.

Thank you, sir.
Yes, I did ask about the availability of the nx ferrule before, and he stated that it is available. I'm just curious because it's to white for a mezz ferrule and the cue repair man also has some issue in the past. After all he is the only person that closest to my location even we are in different province (also island), so I don't have any choice because the shipping itself are 4x the cost of the ferrule.

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
WX700 ferrule length is 22mm, pretty long by todays standards.
NX material is not avaialable in rod form, Mezz sells them specialy made for whatever Mezz shaft you own. They are predrilled and tapped.
If you have problems with getting NX ferrules, you can use Hydex 202, it`s fairly similar.
I have used Juma and Tomahawk with good results too.

rene

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just bought ExPro shaft united and i think that Zan S Plus tip on that shaft is too slow.If you think the same which tip should i try ?

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just bought ExPro shaft united and i think that Zan S Plus tip on that shaft is too slow.If you think the same which tip should i try ?

Too slow, what do you mean by that?
You decide the speed, I would give myself atleast 5-10 hours to adjust to your new shaft.

sprben83

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I think he means too dead compared to the kamui tips on the others. I have to agree with him I didn't like the ex pro when I first received it because I wasn't used to the tip. To the OP, I'm sure if u put the tip that you're accustomed to using everything will feel normal to u

rene

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe you"'rë right.Im used to Moori Medium but i see that Moori have a problem with delamination . Maybe i will try Zan Medium

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe you"'rë right.Im used to Moori Medium but i see that Moori have a problem with delamination . Maybe i will try Zan Medium

Moori don`t have delamination problems, not if you get the real thing.
A Medium Moori is slightly softer than a Zan Medium.

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Question

I have several Mezz shafts WD 700 that I use on my cues with 5/16-14 joints. I am thinking of buying a Manzino with a 3/8-12 joint would any Mezz fit on that?

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have several Mezz shafts WD 700 that I use on my cues with 5/16-14 joints. I am thinking of buying a Manzino with a 3/8-12 joint would any Mezz fit on that?

No, not without modification. A 3/8" pin is much bigger than a 5/16"
But It`s no problem to drill out the brass insert. Plug the shaft and rethread it to 3/8-12.
You will need to find someone who can live toole the threads for you, as 3/8-12 isn`t a regular tap size.

CueMaster77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
But It`s no problem to drill out the brass insert. Plug the shaft and rethread it to 3/8-12.
You will need to find someone who can live toole the threads for you, as 3/8-12 isn`t a regular tap size.

TRUST KIM BYE specially when his speaking about mezz... great to deal with.. Thanks bro for a nicest deal for MEZZ EXCEED. waiting.. ;):thumbup::D

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks

Thank you for the info.