Moving to Greensboro.........

sokaiba

1-Pocket Addict
Silver Member
I'll be moving to Greensboro in October and was wondering what the pool scene was like there. I play all games, gamble or fun. Just looking for a nice quiet place to play with either some GC's or Diamonds.

Kai

Fast Davie NC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All in All the pool scene around that part of NC is good. Gate City Billiards in Greensboro is a great room! Coliseum Billiards is a old school room, Been there for years. Raleigh has some hot spots as well. Winston-Salem has Break Time Billiards in which is a very nice room also. Lot's of choices within a few miles with a lot of good players around! Oh, Randolphs Billiards in Hickory, NC has plenty of action and some good tourneys. You will have Earl Strickland sightings from time to time at the places that you frequent in this area and don't forget... The US Open is close! (About 4 hours from Greensboro). Hope this helps!

nancewayne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
GSO Pool Places

I live in Greensboro, NC and there are quite a few good places to play (with 9 footers and/or 7 footers). Most are bar/pool places and most have pool leagues on week days. Shooter's has 16 tables (10-7's and 6-9's). Jake's is expanding (almost finished) and will have around 16 tables (mostly 9'). Gate City Billards Club has 14 tables (11-9' and 3-7'). Breaker's has 10-9'. Lucky 7's has 10-7' and 2-9'. There are a number of bars that have 1 to 4-7' bar boxes and play league. I hope this helps!
Wayne Nance in Greensboro, NC

I'll be moving to Greensboro in October and was wondering what the pool scene was like there. I play all games, gamble or fun. Just looking for a nice quiet place to play with either some GC's or Diamonds.

Kai

richiebalto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ive never been to greensboro ,but iam aware that there are many really good players in that area, as all of the rest of az knows as well,be careful and have fun!

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member
You will be very very pleased with your choice as far as pool is concerned. Pool is still pretty big in NC and Greensboro is one of the hot spots.

I live in Greensboro, NC and there are quite a few good places to play (with 9 footers and/or 7 footers). Most are bar/pool places and most have pool leagues on week days. Shooter's has 16 tables (10-7's and 6-9's). Jake's is expanding (almost finished) and will have around 16 tables (mostly 9'). Gate City Billards Club has 14 tables (11-9' and 3-7'). Breaker's has 10-9'. Lucky 7's has 10-7' and 2-9'. There are a number of bars that have 1 to 4-7' bar boxes and play league. I hope this helps!
Wayne Nance in Greensboro, NC

Do you or anyone else know what happened to Lucky 7's? I just moved to an apartment across the street, and checked out the place yesterday (at around 8:30 pm), and it was pitch dark inside (other then 1 TV that was on, which was pretty strange I thought).

I have been asking around about cash tournaments, but it seems that the only place that holds any tournaments is Gate City Billiard club. I can't even get out there for their weekly tournaments, because I have no car, and the bus does not go out there past 7 pm. Sad that it seems that there are no other tournaments in Greensboro (other then at Gate City Billiards). Only the usual boring leagues, which I have no interest in.

I am happy that Jakes (near UNCG) has free pool in the day time (up until 6pm), just so you order food, and their tables look really nice.

If anyone knows of any tournaments in Greensboro (including small bar tournaments), I would be grateful to learn about where and when they are at.

I hope to see some strong pool players here. Hopefully it is not just leagues here (sorry, but I just find them very boring).

Thanks.

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Get that money. As they say: the belt just hold up yo pants.

Do you or anyone else know what happened to Lucky 7's? I just moved to an apartment across the street, and checked out the place yesterday (at around 8:30 pm), and it was pitch dark inside (other then 1 TV that was on, which was pretty strange I thought).

I have been asking around about cash tournaments, but it seems that the only place that holds any tournaments is Gate City Billiard club. I can't even get out there for their weekly tournaments, because I have no car, and the bus does not go out there past 7 pm. Sad that it seems that there are no other tournaments in Greensboro (other then at Gate City Billiards). Only the usual boring leagues, which I have no interest in.

I am happy that Jakes (near UNCG) has free pool in the day time (up until 6pm), just so you order food, and their tables look really nice.

If anyone knows of any tournaments in Greensboro (including small bar tournaments), I would be grateful to learn about where and when they are at.

I hope to see some strong pool players here. Hopefully it is not just leagues here (sorry, but I just find them very boring).

Thanks.

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
Greensboro

Kai

You'll love Greensboro and the area for Pool its awesome! The Players are strong.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks.

Amazing how you dredge up YEARS old threads, and ask a question expecting a current answer. Here's what you need to do right now...

1. GET A JOB
2. BUY a car.
in that order. How old are you again...40 something?

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Amazing how you dredge up YEARS old threads, and ask a question expecting a current answer. Here's what you need to do right now...

1. GET A JOB
2. BUY a car.
in that order. How old are you again...40 something?

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

You are such a douche bag. No, I am not 40 something, and I do not need you telling me what to do. The fact is that this is the 1st thread that I could find about the Greensboro pool scene. All of the newer threads (with the title of Greensboro in them) are either about old tournament announcements, or about pro pool players like Johnny Archer coming to town (which were coming from the owner of Gate City Billiards). This is the newest thread that I could find, with a question asking about the Greensboro pool scene. What is the big deal about me bumping it? I was only replying to another posters statement, about a bar that I currently live near by. Nasty people like you make me so angry. I am going through a really hard time right now. I do not need to hear your condescending advice. I know that I need to find a job. I did not need you to tell me that. My life is not any of your business.

I can bump all of the old Greensboro threads that I can find. Is there a forum rule against doing that?

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Settle down there, punchy!

You are hereby commended for searching before asking.

Move along. Nothing left here.

You are such a douche bag. No, I am not 40 something, and I do not need you telling me what to do. The fact is that this is the 1st thread that I could find about the Greensboro pool scene. All of the newer threads (with the title of Greensboro in them) are either about old tournament announcements, or about pro pool players like Johnny Archer coming to town (which were coming from the owner of Gate City Billiards). This is the newest thread that I could find, with a question asking about the Greensboro pool scene. What is the big deal about me bumping it? I was only replying to another posters statement, about a bar that I currently live near by. Nasty people like you make me so angry. I am going through a really hard time right now. I do not need to hear your condescending advice. I know that I need to find a job. I did not need you to tell me that. My life is not any of your business.

I can bump all of the old Greensboro threads that I can find. Is there a forum rule against doing that?