Stan and a 33 minute video...

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
... about nothing. Honestly, it's like pulling teeth.

None of the issues regarding throw as shown in his "video 1" are addressed. For instance, does the CTE overcut alignment pocket balls at any speed with no adjustment, or do you have to change how high or low you hit the shot depending on the speed? It seems like you are saying yes and no depending on the video you are doing. Also, like I said in the youtube description, every aiming system overcuts the ball. Otherwise you would never make a shot.

I've taken the important point out of this video and distilled it into only 2 minutes. Take the other 31 minutes and do something productive with it.

https://youtu.be/tYm7n7uxdo0

Last edited:

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hats off to you, Danny!

You just keep on putting Stan in his place. Keep up the good fight, brother.

mista335

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There comes a time where even you must realise that you are getting nowhere and never will.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There comes a time where even you must realise that you are getting nowhere and never will.

It's not about convincing Stan that he has possibly made some mistakes. It's about providing the other side of the story to new players.

Non-answers speak volumes as well.

mohrt

Student of the Game
Silver Member
CTE takes you to a slight overcut to the ghostball shotline. This alignment, applied with nothing but a CCB hit, will pocket the ball for an extremely large range of shots. If you apply a little spin or speed to the shot, again, it still pockets the ball for a very large majority of shots. Yes there are situations where extra scrutiny of throw and other factors must be considered. But for most intents and purposes, CIT is a red herring and largely ignorable. And yes, you must back up CTE with solid fundamentals, as always. Did I’m miss anything? Is this not the major point of the videos?

mohrt

Student of the Game
Silver Member
I will add, condensing Stan’s video to a useless string of repeated phrasing is a very distasteful move on your part. You are now completely trolling, adding nothing of value.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will add, condensing Stan’s video to a useless string of repeated phrasing is a very distasteful move on your part. You are now completely trolling, adding nothing of value.

I think Dan has provided a valuable public service, saving everyone a half hour of their lives.

Lou Figueroa
you gotta admit
it's pretty funny
anyways

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
... about nothing. Honestly, it's like pulling teeth.

None of the issues regarding throw as shown in his "video 1" are addressed. For instance, does the CTE overcut alignment pocket balls at any speed with no adjustment, or do you have to change how high or low you hit the shot depending on the speed? It seems like you are saying yes and no depending on the video you are doing. Also, like I said in the youtube description, every aiming system overcuts the ball. Otherwise you would never make a shot.

I've taken the important point out of this video and distilled it into only 2 minutes. Take the other 31 minutes and do something productive with it.

https://youtu.be/tYm7n7uxdo0

You should've added some beats to that..:)
So what takes the ball center pocket? A learned hit.

mista335

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's not about convincing Stan that he has possibly made some mistakes. It's about providing the other side of the story to new players.

Well there's no doubt you speak volumes.

Maybe save your strength for the book.

They'll be lots of commas and semi-colons to analyse.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Where was your moral outrage when Stan said the following things about me (just off the top of my head):

- bugar eating hater
- I should GFY and GFO
- Fancy Dan
- skinny and frail
- Dubious Dan, Doob Dan and the like.

At least my video is funny, and actually does make a point, if you were paying attention. Lighten up.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
It's all about that overcut alignment. But I still question how, when Stan stuns shots in using unadjusted CTE perceptions and sweeps, the same center pocket results can be achieved using a normal stroke or draw or top spin. I mean, the stun could throw the ob 5 whole degrees! How much of an over-cut alignment is there? It seems if he stuns shots in, a normal stroke speed would cause the ob to miss the pocket. That's the matter here. Either stroke adjustments or alignment adjustments must be made, but Stan and others for done reason just can't admit that obvious fact.

paultex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Where was your moral outrage when Stan said the following things about me (just off the top of my head):

- bugar eating hater
- I should GFY and GFO
- Fancy Dan
- skinny and frail
- Dubious Dan, Doob Dan and the like.

At least my video is funny, and actually does make a point, if you were paying attention. Lighten up.

I find those insults quite funny to be honest.

Ok, so let me get this straight, because i am trying to learn pool.

You are emphasizing the over cut alignment thing because in the video, Stan hit those shots uncongruent with the claims he makes, yes?

If so, then what you are saying is CTE is voodoo?

Or do you believe its possible, that it does in fact, offer a method of legit center cb/pocket finding as a foundation or reference point to then tweak from there?

Because, im quite certain, you do not believe, at the very least, there is NO TWEAKING, yes?

What would have been interesting to me, is if in the first video, Stan shot the same shot angle from both sides of the table. I would imagine there would be a difference between the outcomes and therefore, no matter what system, its simply a reference point and then mechanics combined with visual takes over from there.

So in other words, like i said before many times, I believe CTE is real enough. If im not mistaken, you say Stan is doing most of the effect by experience and compensatory type motion to fill in the gap because CTE does not get it done nearly enough on its ow, yes?

I would imagine you answer yes to that last question because its logical to conclude, a edge to A, center to edge with a 2 sweep selection, is not enough to cover 0-15 degrees, and yet, miraculously find "center pocket" etc etc.

That makes sense if im correct about your thoughts, therefore, the "book" is basically supposed to satisfy your doubts and i would suspect and i would also agree that whatever this mystery explanation is, better be something material, because what in the hell can it possibly be?

If it were a question of life or death, i would imagine you would say, the book is not going to satisfy the mystery, yes?

If i were posed the question, i would say the book is not going to satisfy a reasonable conclusion, but i wouldnt like my bet either. Just saying.

And to be completely honest, im not waiting in any sort of anticipation for anything, book or who's right or wrong. I really dont care, but i do find it a interesting chain of events that does coincide with pool learning and you and Stan, have helped enough or certainly more than what most have to offer. Obviously Stan has put in a lot more work than you, but thats besides the point.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I find those insults quite funny to be honest.

Ok, so let me get this straight, because i am trying to learn pool.

You are emphasizing the over cut alignment thing because in the video, Stan hit those shots uncongruent with the claims he makes, yes?

If so, then what you are saying is CTE is voodoo?

Or do you believe its possible, that it does in fact, offer a method of legit center cb/pocket finding as a foundation or reference point to then tweak from there?

Because, im quite certain, you do not believe, at the very least, there is NO TWEAKING, yes?

What would have been interesting to me, is if in the first video, Stan shot the same shot angle from both sides of the table. I would imagine there would be a difference between the outcomes and therefore, no matter what system, its simply a reference point and then mechanics combined with visual takes over from there.

So in other words, like i said before many times, I believe CTE is real enough. If im not mistaken, you say Stan is doing most of the effect by experience and compensatory type motion to fill in the gap because CTE does not get it done nearly enough on its ow, yes?

I would imagine you answer yes to that last question because its logical to conclude, a edge to A, center to edge with a 2 sweep selection, is not enough to cover 0-15 degrees, and yet, miraculously find "center pocket" etc etc.

That makes sense if im correct about your thoughts, therefore, the "book" is basically supposed to satisfy your doubts and i would suspect and i would also agree that whatever this mystery explanation is, better be something material, because what in the hell can it possibly be?

If it were a question of life or death, i would imagine you would say, the book is not going to satisfy the mystery, yes?

If i were posed the question, i would say the book is not going to satisfy a reasonable conclusion, but i wouldnt like my bet either. Just saying.

And to be completely honest, im not waiting in any sort of anticipation for anything, book or who's right or wrong. I really dont care, but i do find it a interesting chain of events that does coincide with pool learning and you and Stan, have helped enough or certainly more than what most have to offer. Obviously Stan has put in a lot more work than you, but thats besides the point.

I agree with almost everything you said in typical Paul language. Stan is far too expert a player for left vs right cut angle to matter, especially from 2 or 3 diamonds away.

Stan needs to make up his mind. On the one hand he seems to say he can manage throw as necessary with higher or lower hits on the cue ball. On the other hand he says it isn't necessary to modify or tweak anything because something magical about CTE makes throw not matter.

The one throw video, which I have been calling "video 1" was made while Stan was more focused on reproducing an exact stroke delivery rather than exactly where the ob was hitting the pocket. The 1" differential shown in two trials disproves his assertion that CTE is 100% objective and that the "overcut" nature of CTE overcomes throw. Every video he has made since then is suspect simply because he is trying to say that video 1 was a fluke, I guess. It's hard to say because he simply refuses to acknowledge what happened. His followers are having a hard time keeping up with him and some still don't seem to grasp the significance of that video. For those who are coming in mid stream, it is here:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=462546

I'm not claiming that CTE doesn't help anybody play better. My guess is that some people have some kind of bad habit going in, and CTE changes everything up and forces them out of their bad habit. I, and many others, are disputing the advertising claim that CTE is 100% objective, requiring no feel or tweaking by the player. That, and the claim that multiple angles can be pocketed from the exact same visual.

Regarding whether I think the book will really explain multiple angles from the same visuals, I have a $40,000 standing offer that it won't happen. He doesn't even need to write the book to pick up the cash. Simply prove how it happens and he can then write his book on my dime.

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

You keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better about yourself. Even though it's a bunch of bull easily disproved. If it was about helping others, you would be doing it for many other topics. Ones that really matter. Not just CTE.

The real reason you post so much against CTE is just to try and make up for your own failure in being able to use it when so many others can use it. The only way your ego could handle not "getting" it, was to come up with some excuse as to why it must be "ungettable".

Now you are so far down that rabbit hole that you are obsessed with it. It consumes your thoughts so much that you even make stupid videos out of revenge, and can't get out of the aiming forum. What a sad place you have put yourself in. You are actually on your way to insanity with it and don't even realize it.

Where you boost your ego thinking you made some great point, others are looking at you shaking their heads and thing "what an idiot". But the good news is, it's not yet to late to save yourself. But, it's up to you to do so.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member

Very magnanimous of you to work so hard to "protect" people.....

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better about yourself. Even though it's a bunch of bull easily disproved.

Where you boost your ego thinking you made some great point, others are looking at you shaking their heads and thing "what an idiot". But the good news is, it's not yet to late to save yourself. But, it's up to you to do so.

Thank you for your concern about my mental health, Neil. I appreciate the kind words. Maybe you could rescue me from potential insanity. I know you've done this at least a dozen times already, but would you please "easily disprove" the points I have been making? If that is too vague, I'd surely settle on a simple explanation as to why Stan throws the ball an inch over 2.5 diamonds when CTE is supposed to over cut every shot to center pocket.

I appreciate your concern and look forward to you clearing up my misconceptions that threaten my mental health. :lovies:

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you for your concern about my mental health, Neil. I appreciate the kind words. Maybe you could rescue me from potential insanity. I know you've done this at least a dozen times already, but would you please "easily disprove" the points I have been making? If that is too vague, I'd surely settle on a simple explanation as to why Stan throws the ball an inch over 2.5 diamonds when CTE is supposed to over cut every shot to center pocket.

I appreciate your concern and look forward to you clearing up my misconceptions that threaten my mental health. :lovies:

Your thinking falls short. You are so bent on trying to disprove, that you have made yourself incapable of any real life improvement.

You have eyes to see, but do not see. Ears to hear, but do not hear. You can scoff all day long. But that will never help you make one iota of improvement in your abilities.

You can spend your time trying to improve, or you can spend it trying to discredit others. You can't do both. Choice and end result is up to you and you alone. You are the one that has to live with where each road leads you to.

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You should watch his new 'nitpickers' video. :)

I think you'll enjoy it. He reduces the pocket down to 2.5 inches and shoots a bunch of shots using CTE.