DCC master of table

hon400ex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is there a place to see rankings of master of the table? I think Busty was leading and Bergman in second but they are both out of 9 ball. Can one or more of the guys left in 9 ball pass them?
Thanks,
Andy

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think Francisco Bustamante has it locked up with a 4th, a 1st, and a high finish in 9-Ball.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seems to me ,not long ago there was a thread on here that asked
the question"Who is the greatest player in the world/"

The question was to be answered by who won the Derby all around"

or the Master of the table.

Therefore Bustamonte is the greatest living player today!

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You might be right!

Seems to me ,not long ago there was a thread on here that asked
the question"Who is the greatest player in the world/"

The question was to be answered by who won the Derby all around"

or the Master of the table.

Therefore Bustamonte is the greatest living player today!

8 Ball, 9 Ball, 10 Ball, Banks and One Pocket..., other than Dennis and Shane there might be anybody on the planet that can beat him.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
8 Ball, 9 Ball, 10 Ball, Banks and One Pocket..., other than Dennis and Shane there might be anybody on the planet that can beat him.
I think that list might be a little longer than you think . Shaw or Appleton could very well win the first 3 right off the batt

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well..,

I think that list might be a little longer than you think . Shaw or Appleton could very well win the first 3 right off the batt

Appleton has no chance, Shaw is King Kong for sure, but he cant win the banks or One Pocket and its even Money in 8 Ball.., I'll take Busty!

marek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So you guys totally ignore 14.1 when considering the best player out there? It tells me a lot about the state of pool in USA...

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pools doing fine!

So you guys totally ignore 14.1 when considering the best player out there? It tells me a lot about the state of pool in USA...

There's no APA 14.1 tournaments of note or BCA. No one really gambles at 14.1 and even the best 14.1 tournaments don't pull much of a crowd.

Its not part of a all around conversation because its not played all around.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Other than the World's once a year 14.1 is deader than HulaHoop. There's little outposts of 14.1 activity but nationwide its pretty much non-existent.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Correct...straight pool is a non-factor.

I kind of think the reason is coz it is a better practice game, than a competition one.

arcstats

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Other than the World's once a year 14.1 is deader than HulaHoop. There's little outposts of 14.1 activity but nationwide its pretty much non-existent.

Pros play 14.1 if given a reason. Check out the quality and depth of the field at last October's American 14.1 Championship. A purse of over 41K, of which the players fund less than 38% will draw the best from all over the world, regardless of the discipline. Those types of conditions rarely occur in any other run-of-the-mill weekly tournament.

Most amateurs do not play 14.1 due to a lack of understanding the game. It is also a wonderful game to gamble on. It can be easily handicapped and more than any other discipline, you can hammer or get hammered by your opponent due to one mistake or bad decision.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
more than any other discipline, you can hammer or get hammered by your opponent due to one mistake or bad decision.[/QUOTE]

Imo, that is one of the reasons why is isnt great for competetive events. Too lopsided too often.

Now the hi run challenges? I think those are excellent.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pros play 14.1 if given a reason. Check out the quality and depth of the field at last October's American 14.1 Championship. A purse of over 41K, of which the players fund less than 38% will draw the best from all over the world, regardless of the discipline. Those types of conditions rarely occur in any other run-of-the-mill weekly tournament.

Most amateurs do not play 14.1 due to a lack of understanding the game. It is also a wonderful game to gamble on. It can be easily handicapped and more than any other discipline, you can hammer or get hammered by your opponent due to one mistake or bad decision.
All true. Its a game for purists. Where i live the only thing that keeps pool off of complete life-support is league bar-box 8ball. Very few, if any, of these players ever play on a big table much less play 14.1. Don't see this changing anytime soon.

JohnnyOzone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
more than any other discipline, you can hammer or get hammered by your opponent due to one mistake or bad decision.

Imo, that is one of the reasons why is isnt great for competetive events. Too lopsided too often.[/QUOTE]

So, how much pressure are you under in straight pool, when one mistake may be your last and cost you the whole match? A LOT! That's one of the things that makes it a great game. Brings out the true champions.

Hell, even dogging the lag can cost you the match.

Alternate break 9 ball? That game is a joke - any mistake will only cost you 1 game, then you get to break again anyway (or the other guy was going to break anyway)

Play a player like SVB winner breaks 9 ball and see how much more you pucker up when facing a tough shot / decision - because it could cost you 6 or 7 racks, not just one.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well what other venue would address the question
who is the best pool player

than the master of the table?
At one time the Johnson city all around was as
good a test as possible

Granted a player might get lucky,
but it sure beats a subjective guess