I want your opinion

shinobi

kanadajindayo
Silver Member
If you ask Dean for a photo, nicely, he'll mail you a polaroid.

For a real challenge, go onto some Art enthusiast forums and start selling artwork without photos. Let us know how that goes :D

BigBoof

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have enjoyed the mystery cue sales posts. I have a bit of gamble in me but, even then, I expect that I'm getting a cue at a great price.

I would have had a hard time resisting the Tascarella or James White cues you've offered if photos were included in their posts.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jimmy
i am glad to hear about your Rusty Melton .
It is hard not to like everything he does

Strangers come up and admire it,but the females are exercising restraint you say.

That is good new,I hated to expose you to temptation. I have to admit I have seldom if ever sold anything pool to a female.

Also they seldom play for money,but Wade Crain's wife Diane did rob me twice,I hear
that she is now a policewoman. I once road on the back of her Harley Davidson before i knew better

shinobi

we actually have a phone that takes and sends nice pictures. I can not figure how to get them on AZ
Neither can my wife. Thanks for your comments

Last edited:

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Personally, I like pictures. The three scenarios that I can think of.

1) Someguy is just browsing to look at the cues. If there are no pictures he may or may not read the story, either way, it is very UNLIKELY he would purchase a cue with or without pictures.

2) Someguy is browsing to trade a cue. I'm currently floating that idea in my head and if there are no pictures I may or may not read the story (I have read one or two of the stories but when I saw all the text in the "It's not your kind of cue" post I just kept browsing.),

3) Someone is actively looking to buy a cue. If that's the case I would only imagine they would at least read the description and then ask for pictures.

Ultimately if someone is actively looking to buy a cue I don't think the lack of pictures matter, if they read the description and like what they see then they will ask. If their just browsing, I don't think they'll take the time to read the description. In the end, I don't think it matters if there are pictures or not, the stuff is going to sell.

MJB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Since you’ve asked for opinions, mine is that a picture is worth a thousand words. I’m not a professional cue flipper though, so if the stories are working for you, who am I to judge?

Did you ever google J. Peterman from Seinfeld?

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Keep doing what you’re doing. Without photos, with photos, it doesn’t matter to me or the guys who have bought cues from you.

jburkm002

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If someone is buying a cue to actually shoot with and not re sell. I can only imagine there has been some buyers remorse. Doesn't matter who the cue maker is, as they all make varying cue designs. Maybe saying its worth $5000 and your selling for $3000 is why some buy your cues. To each their own I guess.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dean,

There’s a axiom that’s perfectly suited for pool cues.

“A picture is worth a thousand words.”

And then just add a price & short description and Voila!

Matt B.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Enough fellas,now I know why I have been
so unsuccessful

It is all clear to me why I can never sell a cue

I really appreciate your help with my problem.
I was thinking that the photograph was a thing of the past

A passing fad,you guys have opened my eyes

I just hope I am not too old to learn

Please stop this thread ,I am getting my
feelings hurt

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
If someone is buying a cue to actually shoot with and not re sell. I can only imagine there has been some buyers remorse. Doesn't matter who the cue maker is, as they all make varying cue designs. Maybe saying its worth $5000 and your selling for $3000 is why some buy your cues. To each their own I guess.

Dean offers a no questions asked return policy.

Matt_24

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
on the for sale threads I have posted.
Now I know there is an element who always feel a need to complain because I don't post pictures

On these threads I have tried to paint a picture ,to share more the feelings that a man might have when he makes his investment and chooses something as close to him as a personal cue

I am not asking if you like or dislike pictures

i wanted an opinion of the story style threads

We love ya, Dean. Your prices are fair. Your integrity is without question. You sell everything you post. Don't change a thing.

cuenut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You post how you want to post. It is up to the buyer to decide whether to bite or move on. Don't like the show....change the channel. Nothing to do with you.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They love me

They love me

Keep up those warm and fuzzy comments

Thank you guys,I was just about to buy a complicated camera,at at cost of nearly $10
you guys saved my bacon

I hear Beattle music

"All we need is love"

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't buy anything from anybody without seeing it. Could not care LESS about some anecdotal tale when buying something. Taking and posting photos is NOT hard to do.

Last edited:

GoldCrown

Pool players have more balls
Gold Member
Silver Member
They love me

They love me

Keep up those warm and fuzzy comments

Thank you guys,I was just about to buy a complicated camera,at at cost of nearly $10

"All we need is love"

Look hard and you’ll find a good deal on a refurbished or slightly abused camera. But... would you buy one with out seeing a picture.
For the record I would have bought a cue or two years ago .... here’s the deal. I’m too old to buy another cue. My wife won’t let me. I have no room. Dog will eat it. I might eat it.