Pool chalk recovery system

Balls

Big Brass Balls
Silver Member
I was asked if it was possible to recover used chalk by someone and I found this.

I find it kinda funny that someone to lazy to walk around the table or keep track of their chalk would have enough time to get a patent like this done.. but well here is it.

https://patents.google.com/patent/US6726573

Anybody seen this gizmo around?

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Few things more aggravating than having your chalk in a "remote location" on the table. :shakesfist:

AF pool guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Imagine the deflection you’d get if you added a magnet to your shaft just behind the ferrule?

Could make playing with a magnetic cue ball difficult as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RFranklin

Ready, fire...aim
Silver Member
Good Luck With That

Cause walking around the table one more time is a bad thing? Most pool players I know, need the extra steps. One of the few advantages of being tall. I just reach across.

Klink

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought that’s what the rake was for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's a rare and talented individual that can reach across a big table with a cue and slap the chalk back across to his offhand without the chalk touching nary a ball on the table. But one such fella just typed this! lol

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Other methods previously invented were probably much better.
Chalk in a cup screwed on under the rail, You could have a chalk cube every foot if you were really lazy.
Or, the chalk in a container, on a string hung from the ceiling. I think they did use the rake to pull these to them.
Also there is a contraption that hangs from your belt and holds a cube of chalk that is held by a magnet. That way , the chalk is always where you are.
I was getting ready to play a guy one day and I was really young and naive.
He looked like he couldn't spell pool ,let alone play.
I casually asked if he played much and he said , "almost never."
Then he pulled a cube of chalk out of his front pocket to chalk his cue with, and the pocket was almost non existent because he had reached in and out of it so many times to get chalk!
I said," I think I'll go bowling" and went to another spot.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I’m not too interested in a chalk recovery system.....
...but if he comes up with a bankroll recovery system....
....I’ll take a gross

gdc25

I call 'em like I see 'em
Silver Member
I was so hoping this was going to be a solution to the idiot that knocks a chalk cube deep into the pocket of a ball return table.

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
They say "Diamonds are a girl's best friend"....so I gave my wife a box of Blue Diamond chalk on our anniversary. :thumbup:

She was not impressed. :embarrassed2:

Maniac