Siming Chen vs Donny Mills

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
I'd bet against the ''tall guy'' only if he was playing Allison in dead stroke.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I just thought that since you were making fun of the way I played that maybe you could show me how it’s supposed to be done. It’s ok I get laughed at a lot. I just enjoy playing the game that’s why I no longer gamble. I’m not trying to take anyone’s money just doing it because it’s what I want to do. Others peoples opinion of how bad I play doesn’t bother me.

You beat the ghost, what's there to make fun of? I usually play alone too, just love the game. If I play once a month I'm lucky.
Jason

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
To put her skills into perspective, the top skilled USA Woman is Vivian V with a 687. Siming with a 783 would win 2 games for every 1 that Vivian wins. So yeah, she can be expected to beat many men.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To put her skills into perspective, the top skilled USA Woman is Vivian V with a 687. Siming with a 783 would win 2 games for every 1 that Vivian wins. So yeah, she can be expected to beat many men.
Yes she certainly can the question is how would she fare with those her rate in long sets for the cheese that jury is still out on that I for one like many others need to see it to believe it ,

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Yes she certainly can the question is how would she fare with those her rate in long sets for the cheese that jury is still out on that I for one like many others need to see it to believe it ,

Siming’s FargoRate is based on her tournament play...which is shortish races.
....there are lots of tournament players that probably can’t handle a knock ‘em down and
drag ‘em out session.
...that’s why I liked Bergman over Shaw the time they played race to 80...
...a short race, I favor Shaw.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Siming’s FargoRate is based on her tournament play...which is shortish races.
....there are lots of tournament players that probably can’t handle a knock ‘em down and
drag ‘em out session.
...that’s why I liked Bergman over Shaw the time they played race to 80...
...a short race, I favor Shaw.

And why I took Corey over Justin getting 3 on the wire I thought he was stealing , but you get it , it remains to be seen if Shaw can hold up in that long race against Berg

I think the Match for entertainment , Billy Gene Bobby Riggs ,, is Earl , that would be priceless

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
And why I took Corey over Justin getting 3 on the wire I thought he was stealing , but you get it , it remains to be seen if Shaw can hold up in that long race against Berg

Yeah, I think Corey took advantage of them needing a player for the stream....
....I don’t blame him, mind you....he made a good game for himself.
The Justin camp obviously preferred that game over the alternative....
...Alex offered to take Shaw’s place.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

And so did SVB

I wish Bergman had played Shane.

To be the man you gotta beat the man.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member

I think the Match for entertainment , Billy Gene Bobby Riggs ,, is Earl , that would be priceless

Corey plays better 8 ball than Justin. This is one of the rare occasions where being that creative is not factored into Fargo. If they played 9/10ball on any table, Justin is the favorite and creativity really has no effect on the game.
Jason

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I was with one of the Backers of Roys crew saw him watching it I asked who do you like he said Berg I looked at him and said who gives Corey 3 on the wire bar box 8 ball no one bar none has to like that

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I was with one of the Backers of Roys crew saw him watching it I asked who do you like he said Berg I looked at him and said who gives Corey 3 on the wire bar box 8 ball no one bar none has to like that

What you shoulda said is how much do you want to bet on the match.
Jason

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

Alex has won a lot of money in his life....he’s also lost a lot.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Corey plays better 8 ball than Justin. This is one of the rare occasions where being that creative is not factored into Fargo. If they played 9/10ball on any table, Justin is the favorite and creativity really has no effect on the game.
Jason

No actually it was his break that won him that match and your right he cant win rotation against Berg with current break rules , let him break how he wants im not so sure about it then ,,

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Alex was there with Bustie, who decided to take over the cooking chores....
....didn’t work out so good....but he charmed the firemen....😀

81616C74-E912-47F2-B1A1-3D4B8F97E508.jpeg

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
No actually it was his break that won him that match and your right he cant win rotation against Berg with current break rules , let him break how he wants im not so sure about it then ,,

I'd have to disagree, it was ability to navigate those tuff racks that makes him the favorite.
Jason

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd have to disagree, it was ability to navigate those tuff racks that makes him the favorite.
Jason

Corey missed almost twice as many balls as Justin. Justin broke and ran 66% of successful breaks whereas Corey broke and ran 56% of successful breaks.

The huge difference in this match was fouled/or dry breaks. Justin had 40 and Corey only had 26.

Based on the above, if Justin broke like Corey then he most likely would have won first 3 sets convincingly.

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Jason

Did you watch the match? I watched just about every rack. If Corey broke the balls for both of them, Bergman would have certainly won. It was almost sad how big the difference was. Saw some Facebook posts that said they agreed they wouldn’t check each others racks. Bad move for Justin if it’s true. Corey basically had the corner balls wired, giving him his choice more often than not.