I would like to accept Stan's $5,000 challenge

bioactive

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How many of you perceive the profound statement being made with this challenge?

Essentially, Stan is saying that after putting up hundreds of posts in many different threads explaining CTE, and after putting up over a hundred videos on youtube, many of which are meant to explain CTE, after selling DVDs explaining CTE to (how many?) players who shared them with (how many?) other players, that he is betting $5000 that no-one out there will be able to explain it to him correctly.

He is betting a rather large sum of money that he is such a poor teacher that no-one could possibly get it from what he has taught so far.

I say all this with no judgment about the value of it or whether it works or not. I do not know the answer to that. But I know that so far Stan is unable to explain it.

Last edited:

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Essentially, Stan is saying that after putting up hundreds of posts in many different threads explaining CTE, and after putting up over a hundred videos on youtube, many of which are meant to explain CTE, after selling DVDs explaining CTE to (how many?) players who shared them with (how many?) other players, that he is betting $5000 that no-one out there will be able to explain it to him correctly.

He is betting a rather large sum of money that he is such a poor teacher that no-one could possibly get it from what he has taught so far.

I say all this with no judgment about the value of it or whether it works or not. I do not know the answer to that. But I know that so far Stan is unable to explain it.

The challenge, if there really is one, is just another form of attacking the messenger.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Not what Stan is saying at all. The challenge is for a special group of people that constantly misrepresent and spread false information. Kinda like what you are doing here. Stan is an excellent teacher, he has done it his whole life, and has many students with lofty accomplishments.

Now i get that you personally haven't been able to grasp the information in whatever form you are trying to learn it from, but to blame Stan with all the free information he has put out is plain ridiculous. But back to you since you can't seem to learn from a professional teacher may i recommend a book on Amazon. It's fairly cheap. Comes with good amazon reviews, if you actually trust amazon reviews, i don't but that's just me. It's probably right up your alley and would be a great investment to help you improve your game.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Not what Stan is saying at all. The challenge is for a special group of people that constantly misrepresent and spread false information. Kinda like what you are doing here. Stan is an excellent teacher, he has done it his whole life, and has many students with lofty accomplishments.

Now i get that you personally haven't been able to grasp the information in whatever form you are trying to learn it from, but to blame Stan with all the free information he has put out is plain ridiculous. But back to you since you can't seem to learn from a professional teacher may i recommend a book on Amazon. It's fairly cheap. Comes with good amazon reviews, if you actually trust amazon reviews, i don't but that's just me. It's probably right up your alley and would be a great investment to help you improve your game.

:thumbup: You are too kind.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
I'd like to challenge a CTE'r to upload a video on youtube in detail how it's done.
From behind the cue ball to the object ball.

You get a bragging rights of being able to explain in detail how it's done.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd like to challenge a CTE'r to upload a video on youtube in detail how it's done.

Wait for The Truth Series, it will be worth it.
In the meantime why don't you do a youtube video with exact details of how you aim.

Mirza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

One of our members, Gerald Williams:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNdq1-kiEZo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJ-eQ8oUKdM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ub31XS-bWbI

Here is also his 15 pack against 9 ball ghost using CTE Pro One (not manual):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLz_rIMJy8g

Here is also his curtain video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8e5Y0x70r8

mista335

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mista335, you did your part. That's all you can do.
In the future, you might refer to my post #27 in this thread. It'll save you a lot of mental energy.
:thumbup2:
Regards, Low500

"CTE doesn't work because I can't understand the instructions".

Heard it all before.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"CTE doesn't work because I can't understand the instructions".

Heard it all before.

To those of us who actually do understand why it works for some people, there is a general rule of thumb: The more precisely you follow Stan's instructions and stick to the letter of the law the worse you will do with CTE. It takes months for most people to become proficient at it. That should give you a hint.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
To those of us who actually do understand why it works for some people, there is a general rule of thumb: The more precisely you follow Stan's instructions and stick to the letter of the law the worse you will do with CTE. It takes months for most people to become proficient at it. That should give you a hint.
Rule #2: anybody who "understands" the instructions is genetically unable to explain them, and will blame you for asking.

pj
chgo

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Rule #2: anybody who "understands" the instructions is genetically unable to explain them, and will blame you for asking.

pj
chgo

And somehow can't explain how it works.
Here's an explanation of a straight-in shot, and then some.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8pW3V16I70
I have no idea how he missed at 2:14.
He talks about offset. Have no clue what that is.

Wait for the book.

Last edited:

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Tyler Styer Brandon Shuff numerous others actually understand
Dan White, he don't understand