Shane Vanboening vs Jayson Shaw

CharlesUFarley

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That he sounded like he'd drunk half a keg by himself???

Jaden
Yeah, he's a young guy and I don't have an issue with someone having a good time, but he's on a live broadcast, he has sponsors, and he represents his country in international competition. I think the people who are in his corner, i.e. Shane, JJ, his GF, or anyone else who is concerned about his marketability and public image should keep him from making decisions that can negatively affect his earning potential.

CharlesUFarley

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The match is over
There nothing more to say
Shaw put up a fight
But Shane won the day

Let this be a lesson
To those that had doubt
Put your money on Shaw
And Shane will run out

He'll break 'em and run 'em
Until the last 10 ball is sunk
And take home your money
While you go home in a funk

Set up a rematch for another day
Save up some cash and come back to play
Shane will be waiting, with cue in hand
Ready to give you some more for all you can stand

Nice one....

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
As I noted on page one of this thread:

For Shane, rack your own is worth ten on the wire. My pick is SVB.

Neutral racker and this match is super-close.

OK, after a 100-91 result, I guess rack your own is only worth nine on the wire. My bad.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member

OK, after a 100-91 result, I guess rack your own is only worth nine on the wire. My bad.

“Your bad” was not as off as my bad 🤗. Congratulations to both players for a hard fought day three and thanks to all involved in making this happen.

Dimeball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Great match, lots of ups and downs.

I wonder if they would have used a wooden rack if this would have been drastically different. Does anyone know what most of SVB's races to 100 used? It seem that Shaw's come back, other than spectacular shot making, no knocks, just amazing, had a lot to do with almost exactly the same outcome on the break. looked like he had the same out at least 20 times...

I like it and don't at the same time. Kinda miss the unpredictability of the wooden rack and crushing break that SVB mastered as a youngster.

Overall, glad they stopped the "peep" show after day one. Commentary was good. The table had some issues but not horrible. This was an amazing display of fire power, skill, and discipline. Congrats to both players.

shaggybahama

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If the results were the other way around on day 1 & 2 , do you think SVB would've overcomer and be victorious.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
If the results were the other way around on day 1 & 2 , do you think SVB would've overcomer and be victorious.

First of all, that would have to be a possibility, in which it's not. Second, if every game won by, was worth $2k per game, you wouldn't see Shane go into his coasting mode because of his safe comfortable lead. When you're in the lead by that many games, it's hard to keep pouring on the pressure, the win pays, but winning by as many games possible don't!!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
A fair question...IMO
The way Shaw finished indicates a rematch.

Sure it does, because it wasn't a blowout, if it was, there would be no point in a rematch. But as far as game speed goes, the second time Shane and Alex played, the TAR table had the Fat Boy rails on it with 4 1/8" corner pockets, and not only did Alex run 3 5packs I believe, but Shave also ran 2 6packs & 1 7pack. So in my opinion the tempo of the match is depending on who's pushing and who's pulling. The closer the opponent can hang with Shane, the deeper he's going to dig for his best possible focuse, if they're trailing behind by to many games, Shane has no reason to dig deep for his best game. So the only way anyone can speculate as to how Shane would perform coming from behind, is for SOMEONE to manage to out perform him from the start to put him behind in the first place.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
can you explain the rationale behind it? surely they can afford a ref?

There isn't any rationale for it, but in action matches, the players can negotiate the game as they please, and if they agree on rack your own, that's their right.

Why anyone would negotiate a rack your own match with Shane is beyond me, but that's another matter.

td873

C is for Cookie
Silver Member
First of all, that would have to be a possibility, in which it's not. Second, if every game won by, was worth $2k per game, you wouldn't see Shane go into his coasting mode because of his safe comfortable lead. When you're in the lead by that many games, it's hard to keep pouring on the pressure, the win pays, but winning by as many games possible don't!!
+1. Just like car racing, the goal isn't to crush the field, but to "win the race at the slowest speed possible" - Alain Prost

-td

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sure it does, because it wasn't a blowout, if it was, there would be no point in a rematch. But as far as game speed goes, the second time Shane and Alex played, the TAR table had the Fat Boy rails on it with 4 1/8" corner pockets, and not only did Alex run 3 5packs I believe, but Shave also ran 2 6packs & 1 7pack. So in my opinion the tempo of the match is depending on who's pushing and who's pulling. The closer the opponent can hang with Shane, the deeper he's going to dig for his best possible focuse, if they're trailing behind by to many games, Shane has no reason to dig deep for his best game. So the only way anyone can speculate as to how Shane would perform coming from behind, is for SOMEONE to manage to out perform him from the start to put him behind in the first place.

You mean like Chang has ,,

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, over and over and over.

I thought I heard CJ say SVB wants to play him again , I find that comical since Chang's team was at the DCC wanting to play anybody for any amount and all they heard was crickets, till Filler stepped up for a small game ,,
I'm not so sure Shane wants any parts of him either , however he might like the pace of fillers game better , but he better catch that game soon because Fillers upside is infinity with a wife that plays pro pool also he's truly living the life of pool sky's the limit for him