why did jose hit the 9 this way?

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Capturex.JPG
How far over would be butt of the cue have moved to achieve the angle shown in this picture? Contrast this motion with the small wrist motion that you have described before.

I think you must start to think about the details of the motion if you are going to understand it. Accurate drawings help.

BilliardsAbout

BondFanEvents.com
Silver Member
I recommend you stop referring to yourself that way. Instructors should know what they're talking about and be willing to learn. You fail on both counts.

pj
chgo

Looks like "direction of instantaneous acceleration" describes how fast you move from recitation of facts to name calling!

Therefore, I challenge you to a match--not One Pocket or Nine Ball but Nice Guys. I'll start:

"PJ, you are a highly intelligent, thought-provoking AZ contributor. I appreciate your illustrations, comments and posted diagrams. People know you really know the game of pool and even though we seem to disagree more often than we agree, I respect you and your knowledge base. You shoot a strong game of pool, too."

Your turn.

BilliardsAbout

BondFanEvents.com
Silver Member
How far over would be butt of the cue have moved to achieve the angle shown in this picture? Contrast this motion with the small wrist motion that you have described before.

I think you must start to think about the details of the motion if you are going to understand it. Accurate drawings help.

I agree. We both need to think it through to understand it. So my photo was not to scale but is illustrative. I think you didn't watch the video I posted today?

Video: http://bondfanevents.com/wp-content/uploads/20190822_092718.mp4

Last edited:

BilliardsAbout

BondFanEvents.com
Silver Member
What you've written about the "swooping" is quite visible when a slow motion camera is placed on most of those Asian players (who by and large are beating the tar out of most of the pool room loafers here in the USA)
You seem to be a pretty decent guy but you're mainly pissing into the wind here and letting it blow back in your face. You'll be forever in finding open minds around USA pool rooms.
Remember.............."It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere".
Have a nice day.
View attachment 527811

Is that why the idiom is "take the piss" in the UK and Ireland? :)

No worries, logic, patience, class, style and reams of information can cool even the hottest of fires around here--given enough time--perhaps around post 3,000, some on here will go "Oh, now I get it!"

BilliardsAbout

BondFanEvents.com
Silver Member
Add name-calling to the list of things you don't understand.

Add me to your ignore list.

pj
chgo

Way to trim my post! I wrote "PJ, you are a highly intelligent, thought-provoking AZ contributor. I appreciate your illustrations, comments and posted diagrams. People know you really know the game of pool and even though we seem to disagree more often than we agree, I respect you and your knowledge base. You shoot a strong game of pool, too." Your response? PUT ME ON IGNORE.

Can do--just like you said in this thread "we're history" than attacked five more times!

I've given you a dozen chances to be a nice guy...

News Flash: This is an Ask The Instructor thread, you're not an instructor, no one asked you. Please leave this thread.

Last edited:

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can do--just like you said in this thread "we're history" than attacked five more times!

I've given you a dozen chances to be a nice guy...

News Flash: This is an Ask The Instructor thread, you're not an instructor, no one asked you. Please leave this thread.

well, I'm the one that asked the original question here, and was actually hoping pat would respond-
y'see, I don't know know what pat's business card says on it
but I've long respected his obvious knowledge of the game, and his willingness to share that
I've learned a lot from a lot of his posts.
and if I was gonna ask anybody for advice about pool stuffs
he would come to mind, quickly.

meanwhile, just because somebody has "instructor" written on their business card,
doesn't mean that they are one...

BilliardsAbout

BondFanEvents.com
Silver Member
well, I'm the one that asked the original question here, and was actually hoping pat would respond-
but I've long respected his obvious knowledge of the game, and his willingness to share that

meanwhile, just because somebody has "instructor" written on their business card,
doesn't mean that they are one...

I always hope PJ responds, when he isn't behaving like a petulant child!

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Thanks, evergruven. (Is that a name? :smile:) Hope I helped.

meanwhile, just because somebody has "instructor" written on their business card, doesn't mean that they are one...
Yep, even though they may believe it themselves.

pj
chgo

BilliardsAbout

BondFanEvents.com
Silver Member
How far over will the end of the butt move on the kind of shot you are talking about?

Please answer that simple question. Please answer it here. I'm not going to look at a video posted on some random site.

It's my video on one of my sites, I kept the video small, for download. I think you need to see the shot to conceptualize the differing path, same aim point on the cue ball.

Logically, the butt can have moved the same distance off the center line, at cue ball impact, as the offset stroke.

BilliardsAbout

BondFanEvents.com
Silver Member

pj
chgo

You've only shared THAT juicy wisdom 35 times on this thread to date.

You have neither "instructor" on your card nor any students, yet you are answering questions in Ask The Instructor. Double standard there, don't you think?

FranCrimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You've only shared THAT juicy wisdom 35 times on this thread to date.

You have neither "instructor" on your card nor any students, yet you are answering questions in Ask The Instructor. Double standard there, don't you think?

It was already established by the site owners many years ago that anyone can answer questions in this section. The non-instructors usually identify themselves as a courtesy as "not an instructor," to a newbie who poses a question here, which we've seen many times by PJ and others. I appreciate it when they do that with a new poster. According to management, they aren't even required to do that much.

As for your double standard accusation, shouldn't you be more concerned about your double talk responses instead? Why do you think this thread is going on and on? Either you answer the questions directly or get out. I suggest you get out. You're in over your head.

BilliardsAbout

BondFanEvents.com
Silver Member
It was already established by the site owners many years ago that anyone can answer questions in this section. The non-instructors usually identify themselves as a courtesy as "not an instructor," to a newbie who poses a question here, which we've seen many times by PJ and others. I appreciate it when they do that with a new poster. According to management, they aren't even required to do that much.

As for your double standard accusation, shouldn't you be more concerned about your double talk responses instead? Why do you think this thread is going on and on? Either you answer the questions directly or get out. I suggest you get out. You're in over your head.

"As for your double standard accusation, shouldn't you be more concerned about your double talk responses instead?"

I've striven on this thread for concision and clarity. I've posted a video and a number of new illustrations, and multiple points of logic and physics, with scant consideration in return.

"Why do you think this thread is going on and on?"

Misunderstandings from people who aren't open to learning new pool techniques and who have literally said on this thread they check back every so often to attack me, as the self-deputized guardians of our sport.

"Either you answer the questions directly or get out. I suggest you get out. You're in over your head."

You understand that "Liar! Get off the thread!" and etc. make me more likely to stay? Do you leave threads when people accuse you unjustly?

Last edited:

BilliardsAbout

BondFanEvents.com
Silver Member

pj
chgo

I'm more concerned with your being vicious and rude then with instructor designations. If you ever wish to be an instructor, you have to lighten up.

FranCrimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"As for your double standard accusation, shouldn't you be more concerned about your double talk responses instead?"

I've striven on this thread for concision and clarity. I've posted a video and a number of new illustrations, and multiple points of logic and physics, with scant consideration in return.

"Why do you think this thread is going on and on?"

Misunderstandings from people who aren't open to learning new pool techniques and who have literally said on this thread they check back every so often to attack me, as the self-deputized guardians of our sport.

"Either you answer the questions directly or get out. I suggest you get out. You're in over your head."

You understand that "Liar! Get off the thread!" and etc. make me more likely to stay? Do you leave threads when people accuse you unjustly?

You have a history of explaining and reexplaining and clarifying and re-clarifying. It looks phony. You created your reputation all by yourself. No one did it for you. You're not going to fix it by continuing to do the same thing. When a person is confident in their information, they don't have to keep explaining themselves.

BilliardsAbout

BondFanEvents.com
Silver Member
You have a history of explaining and reexplaining and clarifying and re-clarifying. It looks phony. You created your reputation all by yourself. No one did it for you. You're not going to fix it by continuing to do the same thing. When a person is confident in their information, they don't have to keep explaining themselves.

As a patient teacher and debater, I try to clarify when stubborn people debate me for no reason. Speaking of "repeating and re-clarifying one's position looks phony"--I heard you the first, second and third times you questioned my honesty and motives on this thread. So I ask you:

How does your acting like a bully help me or anyone at AZ learn anything?

How does your venting anger at people make you or anyone feel better about anything?

Or how about in a lesson? When your student says, "Not sure I understand," do you repeat yourself verbatim, restate yourself, or just say, "I'm confident in my information and have no need to repeat myself. Now learn what I told you!" And that's a one-on-one lesson, not a thread where people are debating me at the same time they make personal, unfair attacks.

By the way, "Because you talk a lot about a subject, you don't understand it" is an illogical stance.

PS. What "reputation" do you refer to above? My reputation as a patient and logical teacher, as commended by several people on this thread? Or my reputation with some AZ leaders who have a reputation for fighting with almost everyone else at AZ and not just me?

Last edited:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... My reputation as a patient and logical teacher, as commended by several people on this thread? ...
No one on this thread has commended you that I remember. ... I just reviewed the thread and found no commendation for your instruction. Perhaps I overlooked several responses. Would you care to point out three messages in which someone commended you?

You claim to be patient and logical. I find you to be evasive, incapable of responding to simple points and lacking all logic.

Member bbb did point to a review of how he found your instruction. I was not surprised by his description.