Mike Dechaine

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think you are wrong on almost every account and glad you admitted that you know nothing. My whole point was this thread should never have been started. Try to keep up with the rest of the group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You aren't really with the rest of the group :rolleyes:

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you all who defended me from the irrational objection by one or two AZBr's to this thread.

If i recall correctly, Mike was working for Andersen Windows, the PREMIER window Mfr in the Country and selling their windows is more than likely an excellent job! I merely wanted to know if he was still with it because if you can make it 3 years, you can probably make it for quite a while, perhaps a lifetime, make good money, be eligible for Social Security and benefits, paid vacations etc.

It's sad that he cant do that in the pool world and he obviously knows that. It was the right decision and I am happy for him and even proud of him.

Last edited:

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... Does anyone know if dechaine beat hatch in their tar matchup? I watched the podcast the other day. ...

TAR 25, May 4-6, 2012 from the TAR studio in Las Vegas. 10-Ball, first to win 2 races to 25.

Day 1 -- 25 - 24, Dechaine won
Day 2 -- 17 - 25, Hatch won
Day 3 -- 25 - 18, Dechaine won the set and the match

3-Day Total -- 67 - 67

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
TAR 25, May 4-6, 2012 from the TAR studio in Las Vegas. 10-Ball, first to win 2 races to 25.

Day 1 -- 25 - 24, Dechaine won
Day 2 -- 17 - 25, Hatch won
Day 3 -- 25 - 18, Dechaine won the set and the match

3-Day Total -- 67 - 67

Nice that sounds like it was a good tango. Thanks. I may watch that one if it’s still available

onepocketron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know what windows cost up north, but down south a person can make a good living selling them. Darn things are expensive as hell and pay a good commission. I personally like having money in my pocket, so there is absolutely nothing wrong with having a job, not a thing.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wonder if being a pool player translates well to sales. (I'm guessing yes.)

It would be cool if Mike came across home tables during his sales and made a few trick shots for the homeowner bangers.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wonder if being a pool player translates well to sales...

It has been my experience that a good percentage of salespeople that I have ran across, whether it be cars, real estate, retail commission sales, whatever.... Are a bunch of sleazy, smarmy douchebags who operate under the mistaken belief that they are smarter than you, and can con you into buying whatever it is they need to sell you. More along the lines of bullshitter than helpful sales associate.

Im quite certain that lots of pool players would have no trouble transitioning to this job title if the need arose. :thumbup:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It has been my experience that a good percentage of salespeople that I have ran across, whether it be cars, real estate, retail commission sales, whatever.... Are a bunch of sleazy, smarmy douchebags who operate under the mistaken belief that they are smarter than you, and can con you into buying whatever it is they need to sell you. More along the lines of bullshitter than helpful sales associate.

Im quite certain that lots of pool players would have no trouble transitioning to this job title if the need arose. :thumbup:

And those commission based roles usually work pretty well for both the employee and the employer.

Banger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Irving Crane was a Cadillac salesman. I wonder if he ever sold one to Fats? :rotflmao:

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For a little while there, everyone was waiting for a big match between MD and SVB. Don't know who was ducking who. MD seem to always play Shane well in the tournaments.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know what windows cost up north, but down south a person can make a good living selling them. Darn things are expensive as hell and pay a good commission. I personally like having money in my pocket, so there is absolutely nothing wrong with having a job, not a thing.

Everything is more expensive up north and he is selling Andersen Windows in MAINE where they need double panes for more insulation making them more expensive still.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sales of new single-family houses in the United States rose 1.3 percent from the previous month to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 719 thousand in November 2019

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/new-home-sales

Those new homes need windows.
If Mike lands some steady builder clients that would be a steady income. I hope he is doing well. I miss him on the joss tour, some great battles over the years there.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Sales of new single-family houses in the United States rose 1.3 percent from the previous month to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 719 thousand in November 2019

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/new-home-sales

Those new homes need windows.
If Mike lands some steady builder clients that would be a steady income. I hope he is doing well. I miss him on the joss tour, some great battles over the years there.

I think Mike works for Renewal by Anderson. Their products are replacement windows and doors.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I think Mike works for Renewal by Anderson. Their products are replacement windows and doors.

Renewal by Anderson replacement windows are a great product. I had twenty one windows and a sliding glass door put in my house many years ago and they look and function like new. Top notch windows, I could not be more impressed. It seems Mike has been there for a few years now.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
All I know is, I wish I had my table set up and Mike D came to sell/install some windows. I'd play him even and get my stuff for free.......Jason wakes up, pays double for his windows