Book Finally Coming?

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ah, so you do care, lol.

oh, and that thing about not stalking my posts? You’re doing a bang up job of contradicting yourself in this thread.

Lou Figueroa
just sayin’

Answering posts and stalking posts are two different things where i come from, but nice try

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Asking some else a question is not posting something meaningful on the subject of aiming.

Can’t even give you credit for a nice try on that one.

Lou Figueroa
to state the obvious

Just trying to help you with a place to start since you seem to have trouble posting anything relevant

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the help but you still haven’t posted anything meaningful about aiming.

Lou Figueroa

I have for years about CTE. You guys never understood CTE so i gave up. Besides everything is out there for the world to see except the final pieces, and they are Stan's to release not mine.

Oh, and you haven't either so what's your point?

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have for years about CTE. You guys never understood CTE so i gave up. Besides everything is out there for the world to see except the final pieces, and they are Stan's to release not mine.

Oh, and you haven't either so what's your point?

You claim that but we all know that’s not so.

Your body of work on this subject is usually limited to: denials, insults, praise of Stan, and (my favorite) claims “it’s all been explained before.” I doubt you’ve ever posted anything of substance here on aiming and certainly you have never made a sustained effort to do so.

Lou Figueroa

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It would take an outright fool to think that Stan’s project has been at a standstill for the past three years.

I have seen it firsthand. Writing a book of the magnitude that Stan has done is a big ordeal. If you haven’t done so, you can’t possibly comprehend the man hours that have been put in.

Mr. White, if you had set out to solve CTE and put forth a work like Stan is doing, it wouldn’t happen in 500 years because, frankly, you’re not smart enough visually to get it done.

Connie Shuffett

There's no need to play the "victim" card.

Dostoyevsky, Cervantes, Faulkner, Hemingway, Melville, Tolstoy, Jane Austin, and many others have all written a book. In fact, they have written many books and nobody ever heard them crying about how tough their lives were and what great sacrifices they were making to "save" the world.

Don't whine. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm curious. How many CTE acolytes are there? 100? 1000? 5000?

It's a serious question.

Hard to put numbers on it but ask yourself: if I walked into any pool room in the country on a crowded league or tournament night and yelled out “Who’s using CTE?” what kind of response would you get?

Mostly you’d get crickets.

But the problem is that the handful of vocal supporters would have you believe that anyone who bought a DVD or is a member of a CTE group is an actual user and that’s not so. Hell, I bought a DVD.

Lou Figueroa

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hard to put numbers on it but ask yourself: if I walked into any pool room in the country on a crowded league or tournament night and yelled out “Who’s using CTE?” what kind of response would you get?

Mostly you’d get crickets.

But the problem is that the handful of vocal supporters would have you believe that anyone who bought a DVD or is a member of a CTE group is an actual user and that’s not so. Hell, I bought a DVD.

Lou Figueroa

I think I've been carrying around some misguided notion that CTE actually had a following. This website is ground zero for just about every pool player in the world, but I never see more than four or five people promoting it, and they never say anything of value and they can't seem to be able to defend the old Videos and You Tube explanations.

I really am curious. I'm starting to feel like this whole CTE thing is "much ado about nothing." Even if CTE is manna from heaven, what if nobody uses it or even buys the book. I mean, geez, nobody is gonna jump off a bridge or anything, are they?

500? Or 1000? Anybody? Anybody?

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok, let me ask again.
Is the book coming out THIS YEAR ?
It's only January.

It seems like a direct answer from the author or one of his staff wouldn't be too much to grant to the adoring multitudes. Even Stuart Woods will tell you when his next book is coming out.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It seems like a direct answer from the author or one of his staff wouldn't be too much to grant to the adoring multitudes. Even Stuart Woods will tell you when his next book is coming out.

If you and Joey think you'll get an answer as to book timing, you're dreaming. Based on the beating I've taken from Stan (I mean "Connie") in this thread I think the answer is, "When I'm damned good and ready." Actually, now that I think about it, that was one of his answers.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think I've been carrying around some misguided notion that CTE actually had a following. This website is ground zero for just about every pool player in the world, but I never see more than four or five people promoting it, and they never say anything of value and they can't seem to be able to defend the old Videos and You Tube explanations.

I really am curious. I'm starting to feel like this whole CTE thing is "much ado about nothing." Even if CTE is manna from heaven, what if nobody uses it or even buys the book. I mean, geez, nobody is gonna jump off a bridge or anything, are they?

500? Or 1000? Anybody? Anybody?

If you discount the CTE supporters who either make money off it from lessons, or have some personal relationship with either Hal or Stan, it's hard to say. You also have to consider that there is no one CTE when people say they use it. If you ask them what they do you quickly find them saying things like "this is the way I like to do it," or "I use a version of Hal's method that I came up with."