Book Finally Coming?

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you and Joey think you'll get an answer as to book timing, you're dreaming. Based on the beating I've taken from Stan (I mean "Connie") in this thread I think the answer is, "When I'm damned good and ready." Actually, now that I think about it, that was one of his answers.

Oh, I see. Well, there it is!

Maybe the economic reality of only selling two or three hundred copies is setting in and the best way to save "face" is to just keep saying "When I'm damned good and ready."
I guess it could be that the Pool Book Market is a little bit flat right now. They say that there is no sense in trying to sell into a "down" market.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
If you discount the CTE supporters who either make money off it from lessons, or have some personal relationship with either Hal or Stan, it's hard to say. You also have to consider that there is no one CTE when people say they use it. If you ask them what they do you quickly find them saying things like "this is the way I like to do it," or "I use a version of Hal's method that I came up with."
If you ignore the mumbo jumbo it's pretty much just fractional aiming with a pivot adjustment, which lots of players do without ever hearing of CTE.

pj
chgo

justcueit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you ignore the mumbo jumbo it's pretty much just fractional aiming with a pivot adjustment, which lots of players do without ever hearing of CTE.

pj
chgo

Stan says, “You have it backwards. The mumbo jumbo is found within conventional aiming of any kind where one looks at a reference and makes an adjustment to what feels right, essentially a guess.

There is no reference in CTE PRO ONE and certainly no adjustment for center cue ball alignments.

It’s see and align.

Please do a video or some diagrams showing the CTE mumbo jumbo. You won’t do it because you’ll fail and you know it. If you’re not afraid, put it out there as your public record.”

Connie Shuffett

Last edited:

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow! Calling out a potential customer and challenging him to a Video Duel. With a marketing strategy like that, how can the book fail? Kudos to the Public Relations Department.

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think I've been carrying around some misguided notion that CTE actually had a following. This website is ground zero for just about every pool player in the world, but I never see more than four or five people promoting it, and they never say anything of value and they can't seem to be able to defend the old Videos and You Tube explanations.

I really am curious. I'm starting to feel like this whole CTE thing is "much ado about nothing." Even if CTE is manna from heaven, what if nobody uses it or even buys the book. I mean, geez, nobody is gonna jump off a bridge or anything, are they?

500? Or 1000? Anybody? Anybody?

I believe that you have Stan, a few vocal supporters here and out there, some friends and family, some guys that sell it to teach, some guys that use a portion of it on some shots, and some others that just want to support Stan for personal reasons.

Soooooo, if you insist on putting numbers on it there are probably a few dozen in total who are actual pool players.

Will he sell books? Of course. I'll buy a copy just as pool book collector and out of pure curiosity. Am I going to try and absorb and implement hundreds of pages of instruction telling me how to aim when I already know how to do that... no.

Lou Figueroa

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Stan says, “You have it backwards. The mumbo jumbo is found within conventional aiming of any kind where one looks at a reference and makes an adjustment to what feels right, essentially a guess.

There is no reference in CTE PRO ONE and certainly no adjustment for center cue ball alignments.

It’s see and align.

Please do a video or some diagrams showing the CTE mumbo jumbo. You won’t do it because you’ll fail and you know it. If you’re not afraid, put it out there as your public record.”

Connie Shuffett
So then my wife would post it?

pj <- don't wanna violate protocol
chgo

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you discount the CTE supporters who either make money off it from lessons, or have some personal relationship with either Hal or Stan, it's hard to say. You also have to consider that there is no one CTE when people say they use it. If you ask them what they do you quickly find them saying things like "this is the way I like to do it," or "I use a version of Hal's method that I came up with."

One of the worst things that ever happened here was when John Barton, after spending years and years here and on RSB as the most vocal of proponents of Hal's and Stan's work (made videos and took hours of personal lessons at his house) AND THEN, after he lost to me in our 10K match, was mercilessly thrown under the bus by Stan himself with Stan saying John didn't really know his system.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

pj
chgo

And for many players, I'm guessing the pivot is counter-productive on many shots.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

It’s see and align.

Connie Shuffett

Any time you tell a pool player to "see and align" you're telling them to guess.

And that's the problem --everyone sees it different, everyone aligns differently. Stan is trying to tell us all that what he sees and how he aligns is what everyone sees and will do. That's not possible for a myriad of reasons and it all means system failure.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

justcueit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One of the worst things that ever happened here was when John Barton, after spending years and years here and on RSB as the most vocal of proponents of Hal's and Stan's work (made videos and took hours of personal lessons at his house) AND THEN, after he lost to me in our 10K match, was mercilessly thrown under the bus by Stan himself with Stan saying John didn't really know his system.

Lou Figueroa

That’s a flat out lie, Lou.

Stan has explained this before on AZ and John can verify it and you’ve seen it as well.

Stan advised John about his time restrictions prior to his match. John had only days to work on the material after his lesson. John had a road schedule to keep to include the EXPO and John admittedly did very little practice concerning his lesson prior to the match. It would not have mattered anyway. There simply was not enough time to let the medicine work.

Connie Shuffett

justcueit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any time you tell a pool player to "see and align" you're telling them to guess.

And that's the problem --everyone sees it different, everyone aligns differently. Stan is trying to tell us all that what he sees and how he aligns is what everyone sees and will do. That's not possible for a myriad of reasons and it all means system failure.

Lou Figueroa

See and align.

See what you know and align to the center cue that you know.

Connie Shuffett

justcueit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So then my wife would post it?

pj <- don't wanna violate protocol
chgo

There can be no doubt that you will not post a video about the workings of CTE. You don’t know what CTE is. Stan will bet a lot of money on that. You can make a ton of money this week if you can explain the CTE process. Your mumbo jumbo account will fail you.

Connie Shuffett

justcueit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Lou Figueroa

You can’t explain CTE either. So, you really don’t know how it all unfolds. That’s just your best out-Everybody sees differently.

Connie Shuffett

Last edited:

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member

In bold.... I know there is no traditional nose behind the cb reference, like with fractional aiming, but to say there is no reference in Pro1 is just incorrect. Stan can call A, B, C, and ob edge and ccb whatever he wants, but those are reference points. They are referenced to get an ETA, ETB, ETC, and CTE in order to get the "fixed" cb perception. And the perception itself is a reference also.
After all, the offset sweep is in reference to the perception.

Last edited: