Brunswick Goldcrown 1 2 3?

Walt69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi folks. I've been looking for a pool table to put in the basement and came across a semi-local place that has a bunch of what look like gold crowns "I can see the B for brunswick in front on the ball return" in some pictures. One of the gentlemen there said the owner was looking to sell a couple a short while back and might do so again if asked. My questions are... are these GC 1 2 or 3s? What should i expect to pay or offer the owner if he doesn't have an exact price in mind? Keep in mind it's going to run me 700-900 to get this moved and set up with new simonis 860. Given the cost of moving are one of these still worth picking up, and if so what is the price cut off where it becomes a bad deal? Thanks in advance everyone!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200116-194218_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200116-194218_Chrome.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 420

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi folks. I've been looking for a pool table to put in the basement and came across a semi-local place that has a bunch of what look like gold crowns "I can see the B for brunswick in front on the ball return" in some pictures. One of the gentlemen there said the owner was looking to sell a couple a short while back and might do so again if asked. My questions are... are these GC 1 2 or 3s? What should i expect to pay or offer the owner if he doesn't have an exact price in mind? Keep in mind it's going to run me 700-900 to get this moved and set up with new simonis 860. Given the cost of moving are one of these still worth picking up, and if so what is the price cut off where it becomes a bad deal? Thanks in advance everyone!!!
Those are 1's

dd1228

Registered
I got a beautiful GC1 for free that a guy had stored in his garage for 30 years. He just wanted someone to haul it away. Lucky me. A week of buffing the castings and new paint, it looks like brand new. 9ft with ball return. I'd love to post pics but I cant figure out how!

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Find the good mechanic in your area and tell him what you want to do. He should do the knock down and setup. Maybe you save a couple bucks moving it yourself, but not worth it, imo.

As old as that table is and as many hands that have probably worked on it, you want someone who has seen it all before.

Do it right, do it once.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have seen quite a few rooms sell their CG, most often 3s not 1s. But if pricing for those are similar you should be able to snag one for about 1,000 in decent shape.

A pool room by me closed and was selling their GC IIIs for I think $600, and I've seen others dump them in the $1,000 range.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It will certainly cost you $900+ to get it broken down, moved, set back up with new Simonis 860 cloth, and that’s if you live very close to where it’s currently at. Make sure the mechanic closely inspects the cushions, as it will save you $ to replace them while the table is broken down, if they need to be replaced.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
second hand info that a guy might sell and you dont have a price or a way to find out what the insides look like.
likely if he sells one he will pick his worst one. wouldnt you?

buy one and pay a little more from an owner at his home that hasnt been commercially played and recovered 30 times.

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
about 10 years ago I paid $1500 for my GC I that was in a semi pros house for 30 plus years and only covered twice. It was 100% complete. I put a ton of money into it and will last me my lifetime. Well worth it.....

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can not beat an early gold crown

I visited Wil Prout and saw his magnificent collection of cars and cues

What kind of pool table did he have?

You guessed right if you said Gold Crown one

And the side curtains were blue

I almost cried,I offered money,he wouldn't budge

My wife said "what's the big deal?"

To her it was just an old pool hall looking relic from a smokey old pool room,
BUT oh what it seemed to me

Last edited:

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member

I like the early wall cue rack in those original pastel colors. Reminds me of a pool room I grew up in, they had 4 or 5 of those cue racks.... on the walls of our 15 table GC I room in the burbs of Chicago.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I started playing at a place called Cue City in Tulsa,Ok. It was a big(30+) table post-Hustler boom spot. ALL the tables were GC 1's like those pictured. Had Brunswick cue racks(double-sided free standing) as well as that Jetson's looking fiberglass furniture. Not an action place but a really fun recreational pool spot. I still miss it.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
maha;6560078 buy one and pay a little more from an owner at his home that hasnt been commercially played and recovered 30 times.[/QUOTE said:
This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Pool hall tables have been used and abused. You never know what damage may be inside the table until you take it apart. Hard part is this: most people selling them like this are selling them "AS IS", so taking it part and assessing the tables true condition is not an option. Be warned: it could end up costing you!

Just my $0.02.

TFT:thumbup:

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
about 10 years ago I paid $1500 for my GC I that was in a semi pros house for 30 plus years and only covered twice. It was 100% complete. I put a ton of money into it and will last me my lifetime. Well worth it.....

Then you tried to drown the damned thing.