Is Schmidt's and charlie 626 Legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Marc I consider you a friend in the times we have been around each other. You are all over the place on your post so I will simplify a few things. You are one of the few that have posted that can actually play and run 100 balls.
The key issues are John claims it’s the highest run and it’s NOT. Babe Cranfield broke 700 twice and with a high of 768 with witnesses I believe the year was 1977 or 1978..
Cranfield did not have anything special just a regular 9ft.Gokd Crown with light balls and nap cloth and practiced on several different tables not 1 table months at at a time. Johns table was set up to swallow balls and 769 Simonis. I’ve never been to an event EVER with 760 Simonis have you?
Mosconi run is the highest Exhibition run period. It was a scheduled event where peopleshowed up at a certain day and had to check in at the door. Johns wasn’t like that at all.
Mosconi told me playing on a 8ft was much harder because it was less room and created more clusters and as a player I agree 100%. Mosconi also told me he ran over 600 3 times including 1 time he just stopped at 600 and quit to go a to scheduled dinner. Mosconi did NOT count any of his runs unless he had an opponent and it was a scheduled event. There is the difference.
John could easily just make a list of people at 50.00 a person and when he gets 100-200 people to pay send them a copy of the unedited video. I’d pay 100 for an unedited copy and 100 for an edited with commentary. How much has he made so far. Hmmm not much.
The people who did watch had to sign a million dollar contract not to discuss the run with anyone. I will respond back to you if you need anymore questions answered. I think it’s important to protect history for our sport and an unedited video is the only way besides inspection of the table also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
You guys need to decide if you think it was fake or you think it's real but because there wasn't an opponent sitting in a chair in the room it doesn't count. Mosconi only had an opponent until he hit 150 or so and at that point he won the match to 200. So was it a practice 375 run after a 150 exhibition run?

And then you need to decide if Mosconi even had the record. Lately you like to bring up some claimed larger runs that trump John's run. If that's true, Mosconi wasn't the record.holder in the first place.

John not only has to have a video, he has to show it to some self appointed forum jury? It's a BCA record, the BCA has seen it.

Sent from the future.

Last edited:

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
To hear js legions tell it, this was a herculean, monumental undertaking, as in a lifetime accomplishment. Not hardly. Free PRACTICE Pool at two parlors for four months, playing 6-8 hours a day. How exhausting that must have been. So exhausting, that after the third challenge session , the team had to find local lodging to help in undertaking the assault on a legendary record.

yes because no one else has done it

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Danny who cares about the tape?

There were witnesses and probably a lot more reliable and trustworthy than the ones from 50-70 years ago or longer claiming big runs
(Including Mosconi's!!)

but like I said, I DON'T EVEN UNDERSTAND why Mosconi's is THAT legendary when it was done on an 8 foot table!!
Great achievement still, but not as good as doing it on a 9-foot table (the talk of the 8-footer presenting more clusters is not valid to me. 9-foot table is definitely tougher than 8-foot)

Facebook puppet?
Puppet of what?
For what? For believing in facts as opposed of conspiracy theories?

For your information, John does not like me much personally, I must admit.

He blocked me on Facebook some years ago over some heated arguments over gun control and politics stuff. (more heated to him that they were to me as it turned out)

I'm a rare type of guy, who is capable to like people who don't particularly like me.

I like John, he's very funny and he is super cool in my opinion. One of the coolest pool players I've ever met!

But there are a few things about how he is or how he could get at times, that I don't like.

I have played John Schmidt a number of times and I have beaten him some times in tournament play. He's always been a perfect gentleman to me wether he's beaten me and when he's lost to me.

Proof you talk?

There is proof! Just ask the witnesses that witnessed the run!

Your words are very articulate, but you are dead wrong in your assumptions. Just because John does not want to share the video doesn't mean there is no proof of the run. There is, and plenty.

John's ran is unbelievable and it will only be beaten if a world class player dedicates his a few years for this or gets good rolls in a short period of time trying.

Today, it would take a phenomenal shot maker, the likes of Orcollo, Shaw, Filler. I seriously doubt there is anyone else in the world capable..

the "purists" with knowledge most likely won't beat this record on any type of 9'table.

I do agree with you about one thing: It woulda made for a better achievement if it woulda been done on an unaltered pocket table.
And a huge achievement on a 4 1/2" Regulation Diamond ProAm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe anyone who cares about 14.1 also cares about the tape and what it shows.

As to witnesses of long ago, those that saw Mosconi's run weren't friends and neighbors from his local pool room. They were folks that had come and paid to watch an exhibition by a living legend who was just passing through. And then he ran 526 on a single attempt, with an opponent who by all accounts was a capable player. So in my mind their integrity and signature on an affidavit is untarnished.

And personally, I don't care what anyone says, it is a physical reality that the congestion of 14 balls on a 4' x 8' has got to be greater than the congestion on a 41/2' x 9'.

As to talking to those that saw the run, it would be interesting to enter into a discussion with them but so far that hasn't happened. Far more compelling would be the release of a full unedited tape of the run, no?

Lou Figueroa

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No his next trick will be in clown shoes blind folded juggling 4 pool balls riding a unicycle with a Dark Vader helmet teahing CTE and claiming he ran a hundred balls , my man has serious skills ,

that would be our very own Cocobolo cowboy.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
I believe John ran 626 balls without missing and there is no funny business on the tape.

I believe the reason it hasn't been released yet is because John is trying to turn a nickel into a dime. He is trying to make money off something that not even a third of the pool playing population cares about.

Pool Players are notorious for trying to turn nothing into something and end up doing the exact opposite. It's just John trying to make a nickel off this. There is no funny business other then that.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
No his next trick will be in clown shoes blind folded juggling 4 pool balls riding a unicycle with a Dark Vader helmet teahing CTE and claiming he ran a hundred balls , my man has serious skills ,

Darth.. not Dark.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
As to talking to those that saw the run, it would be interesting to enter into a discussion with them but so far that hasn't happened.
Lou Figueroa

not sure if you had seen yet but
atleast 2 that have attended the showings have posted in this thread

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
To hear js legions tell it, this was a herculean, monumental undertaking, as in a lifetime accomplishment. Not hardly. Free PRACTICE Pool at two parlors for four months, playing 6-8 hours a day. How exhausting that must have been. So exhausting, that after the third challenge session , the team had to find local lodging to help in undertaking the assault on a legendary record.
I missed in all that where anything suggests it didn't happen as represented. Is it the fact he wasn't paying for table time or the fact that he slept somewhere indoors that renders his run unworthy of your recognition?

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
The truth belies the facts. Call it what it is, just a high-run practice session. No further objections. Game can't change midstream from a practice session into a world record attempt high-run. Its, READY_GET SET_GO, not score 200_GET SET_GO. Just doesn't make sense, no matter whose name is applied.

But it can change from an exhibition match to a high run practice session mid run?

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
But it can change from an exhibition match to a high run practice session mid run?

Xradardx and Charles Harriman can't even see their own evidentiary double standards. I don't see how logical discussion will overcome their bias.

I do hope it is bias. Another alternative is a mental deficiency.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just more Fake news(swen). I paid, I signed, I sat through it, I saw it, he splained it, shh, sworn to secrecy. Who knows???:eek::eek::eek:

Flat Earth logic.

Take a hard line on something youre uninformed about...says more about you than the topic at hand.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No thanks I already defeated him for 10 large live stream video open for everyone to see - seen his act (throwing chalk and arguing bout rules but ya i can tell yer one of the rodents - good luck with that). I always heard a true gambler wants to lose - sounds like u fit that business model.

You played John for 10k? I heard about that chalk throwing, but didn't watch that match or even knew it was for money. Is it still online, I see some matches of you two, but not sure if it's the above stated match.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Name calling will get you nowhere! Please post your medical credentials or drop the act!

Literally, you have been shown how you've claimed the same standard means opposite things, depending on whether it is in support of 526, or against 626.

Nobody called you any names. Two possible reasons one might not be able to recognize the above fact were posted.

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Indisputable fact is the 626 is the highest run on video on a 9 foot table. Others have claimed higher runs but there is no video proof of them and I don't believe any of those players are still alive.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Indisputable fact is the 626 is the highest run on video on a 9 foot table. Others have claimed higher runs but there is no video proof of them and I don't believe any of those players are still alive.

The video that maybe 3 folks in the world get to see unedited outside John's circle,:rolleyes:

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The video that maybe 3 folks in the world get to see unedited outside John's circle,:rolleyes:

I have said it before but people continue to gloss over it. I have a friend who attended a viewing party for the video. He said it was unedited and over 3.5 hours in length. Are you saying that only John's circle is able to attend a viewing party? Or is my friend part of a larger conspiracy?

There is not even a video of these other high runs but nobody disputes their authenticity. Is this disputed because it is John Schmidt? Do you not believe he has the skills necessary to run 600+? The BCA deemed the run legitimate after viewing the video.

I think most of the people on this thread would still discount the run even after seeing an unedited video of it for whatever reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.