Is Schmidt's and charlie 626 Legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is my friend part of a larger conspiracy?
I think most of the people on this thread would still discount the run even after seeing an unedited video of it for whatever reason.
Both you and your friend are in on it. For no other motive than to be mean to Danny and Willie, too.

You are correct, folks have already stated they will never believe in 626, irrespective of the unedited vid being released or not.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
The video that maybe 3 folks in the world get to see unedited outside John's circle,:rolleyes:

It isn't up to a nationwide popular vote. It was submitted to BCA as evidence of a BCA record. They accepted it, it's done. Is it a Danny Harriman record? No, I guess not. I wasn't aware there was such a thing.

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the BCA is an entity, nothing else. It doesn't live, breathe, or eat. Hardly anything human related, so to speak. The BCA has staff members to interact with human beings. These two staff members have spoken for a membership of about 60,000 to declare it's certification. Means absolutely nothing to the common pool players of the earth. You, however can choose to be led, lead or follow. You do not get to make decisions for all of the other pool players on earth. I think y'all have about 50 positive count now, including the two staff yokels, Tyree and Johnson, from the BCA. Good Luck with your endeavors.:boring2:

So unless you witness the run yourself, it did not happen?

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the BCA is an entity, nothing else. It doesn't live, breathe, or eat. Hardly anything human related, so to speak. The BCA has staff members to interact with human beings. These two staff members have spoken for a membership of about 60,000 to declare it's certification. Means absolutely nothing to the common pool players of the earth. You, however can choose to be led, lead or follow. You do not get to make decisions for all of the other pool players on earth. I think y'all have about 50 positive count now, including the two staff yokels, Tyree and Johnson, from the BCA. Good Luck with your endeavors.:boring2:

two staff members, that's twice as many as most guinness world records have when they get validated.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member

I never said I cared if you ever accept it or not.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Just goes to show your lack of knowledge about Guinness World Records. You must apply to set a Guinness World Record per their application form prior to any attempt and be accepted following their rules. Send js626 into the pipeline and see how quickly it is struck down. js626 followed no process or procedure applicable to Guinness World Records.

Guinness has zero to do with any of this, including the previous high run record.

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
Guinness has zero to do with any of this, including the previous high run record.

Well, just a little...:smile:

Guinness requires video/photo of the event, without which it won't even be considered. The only relevance this has to this event is that without documented video, especially in this day and age, where video is so easily accessible, and with a deliberate record attempt, one would have to be either foolish or biased to accept the claims.

The second item I'd like to mention is that many people here accept that JS may have run 626, but that's vastly different than breaking Mosconi's, or any other, record. In order to "break" a record it "must" be under the exact same circumstances....saying otherwise does not make it so.

Cory in DC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have said it before but people continue to gloss over it. I have a friend who attended a viewing party for the video. He said it was unedited and over 3.5 hours in length. Are you saying that only John's circle is able to attend a viewing party? Or is my friend part of a larger conspiracy?

There is not even a video of these other high runs but nobody disputes their authenticity. Is this disputed because it is John Schmidt? Do you not believe he has the skills necessary to run 600+? The BCA deemed the run legitimate after viewing the video.

I think most of the people on this thread would still discount the run even after seeing an unedited video of it for whatever reason.

Actually, most of the people on this thread seem to believe or at least accept for now that the run is legitimate. You can easily conclude otherwise because the doubters post a lot and do so with vigor.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Well, just a little...

Guinness requires video/photo of the event, without which it won't even be considered. The only relevance this has to this event is that without documented video, especially in this day and age, where video is so easily accessible, and with a deliberate record attempt, one would have to be either foolish or biased to accept the claims.

The second item I'd like to mention is that many people here accept that JS may have run 626, but that's vastly different than breaking Mosconi's, or any other, record. In order to "break" a record it "must" be under the exact same circumstances....saying otherwise does not make it so.
But the previous record was not a Guinness record and the new one was never intended to be one. Guinness became a caricature of itself decades ago. Its Guinness book of stupid human tricks.

Sent from the future.

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
Originally Posted by jimmyg View Post
Well, just a little...

But the previous record was not a Guinness record and the new one was never intended to be one. Guinness became a caricature of itself decades ago. Its Guinness book of stupid human tricks.

Sent from the future.

Aside from using Guinness as an example, it is irrelevant to the point of the post. Records are only broken when the event and it's exact circumstances are replicated. Capish?

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
But he did it.

If you don't believe it just ask him.
What is spelled removing every other in John's made up last name> )
That is what I think.
ScHmIdT
Pure that.
Nick :)
All that being said he might the best pure shot maker on the planet.

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Aside from using Guinness as an example, it is irrelevant to the point of the post. Records are only broken when the event and it's exact circumstances are replicated. Capish?

Just coz nobody has bothered to address the nutty assertion- again- doesn't mean it is accurate.

Care to explain how speed records can possibly be broken, if circumstances need be identical?

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Indisputable fact is the 626 is the highest run on video on a 9 foot table. Others have claimed higher runs but there is no video proof of them and I don't believe any of those players are still alive.

But... who knows what the video really shows ;-)

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have said it before but people continue to gloss over it. I have a friend who attended a viewing party for the video. He said it was unedited and over 3.5 hours in length. Are you saying that only John's circle is able to attend a viewing party? Or is my friend part of a larger conspiracy?

There is not even a video of these other high runs but nobody disputes their authenticity. Is this disputed because it is John Schmidt? Do you not believe he has the skills necessary to run 600+? The BCA deemed the run legitimate after viewing the video.

We don't know what he saw or how he viewed it.

Did he actually sit through four hours plus and watch every shot? Were there anomalies he witnessed about the table, balls, and pockets? Did he take breaks during which the video was still running?

I could go on but feel I’ve made my point.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It isn't up to a nationwide popular vote. It was submitted to BCA as evidence of a BCA record. They accepted it, it's done. Is it a Danny Harriman record? No, I guess not. I wasn't aware there was such a thing.

So who at the BCA watched it -- do you know?

As I recall, the BCA nowadays, is all folks who sell pool tables, hot tubs, and equipment with their main goal being to promote their expo. As far as we know, it could have been the admin clerk and janitor who watched the video one night in between doing their job and swilling beer and eating Doritos.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
two staff members, that's twice as many as most guinness world records have when they get validated.

Who were they?

IF you told me that the BCA had asked a couple of Hall of Fame 14.1 guys to check out JS's video -- Nick Varner, Ray Martin, Dallas West, (extra points for including Mike Sigel :) -- I'd be far more inclined to accept this argument at face value.

But we don't know, do we.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just goes to show your lack of knowledge about Guinness World Records. You must apply to set a Guinness World Record per their application form prior to any attempt and be accepted following their rules. Send js626 into the pipeline and see how quickly it is struck down. js626 followed no process or procedure applicable to Guinness World Records.

Yes.

There is no way he could get, though I thought he applied for, Guinness recognition.

Lou Figueroa
not even close

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Danny didn't hack me, lol but I think he brought up some valid points

If someone asked who had the highest run, I'd say I don't know, I never saw Willies, Babe's or John's runs. Apparently other people did. I don't know about the equipment on their runs, and don't know the equipment was ever verified.

If I set the world record for most free throws in a row, nobody verifies the size of the ball, or the hoop? If I have my own practice court setup for the sole purpose of breaking that record, the lack of verification becomes much more bothersome to me.

At this point I don't care much, John saying he did this to help pool but won't release it to the public unless he makes money, meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.