The Hal Houle Post

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
Same here. I enjoy talking about aiming in an open format where you can give an opinion or an example and not be labeled a hater or a basher. If CTE had it's own website/forum, I would have no reason or desire to visit it. I joined AZ and came into the aiming forum to introduce my book. I didn't realize how polluted or dominated this forum was then. Many people here treat aiming pool balls too seriously, like politics or religion.
If somebody disagrees with how you aim, who cares. Move on. If somebody says it doesn't work, or it's not mathematically possible, or it's a "slop" system, or whatever, that's their opinion. Everybody has opinions. Disagreeing with techniques for aiming pool balls shouldn't cause all that much anger and frustration. Life is full of enough bs already.

Good post and I agree.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Please describe the steps of CTE you're now using and how you understand it and we'll tell you if you're on the right path or not and what to look for in the videos to bring you on track.

OB is 12" from the side pocket in the middle of the table. CB is 9" away from the first diamond on the side rail closest to the corner pocket on the same side of the table. You want to cut it into the corner pocket on the same side of the table where the CB is which is a cut to the right.

What do you look for and what do you do to make the shot? IOW, what are the visuals and steps you go through? They really are pretty simple and fast.

Hopefully you have some basic understanding for usage which would justify your excitement for the release of the videos to make it your aiming system.

Or then again maybe it's what we think and know it is...another attempt at trolling and stalking.

You're on stage...take it away Your choice: You can do it with a manual pivot or Pro1. I'm sure you know the differences between the two.

Btw, you do know there are already over 100 videos on youtube and have been for years...DON'T YOU?

Crickets: Guess we know exactly why he comes here in the aiming forum.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
WHOA! Who's willing to bet?! This sounds like a man with inside information who has a lock. Probably has done some insider trading with stocks in the past also.

Actually, Stan said there would be 15-18 videos initially released with the book.

However, even though I might lose with your inside information, I'll take the bet with 15-18 like he stated.

$100 minimum up to $20,000. So what would you like...the $100 or you pick an amount higher?

Don't wimp out now just to make yourself look like a trash talking loser.

Let's give him a few days to find a backer,lol.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Same here. I enjoy talking about aiming in an open format where you can give an opinion or an example and not be labeled a hater or a basher. If CTE had it's own website/forum, I would have no reason or desire to visit it. I joined AZ and came into the aiming forum to introduce my book. I didn't realize how polluted or dominated this forum was then. Many people here treat aiming pool balls too seriously, like politics or religion.
If somebody disagrees with how you aim, who cares. Move on. If somebody says it doesn't work, or it's not mathematically possible, or it's a "slop" system, or whatever, that's their opinion. Everybody has opinions. Disagreeing with techniques for aiming pool balls shouldn't cause all that much anger and frustration. Life is full of enough bs already.

Good post and I agree.

So why doesn't this opinion go both ways. Why do you non users care about CTE. Move on. You can't. You couldn't even introduce Poolology without comparing it to CTE. It's ridiculous to be constantly told the way i am aiming can't possibly work from people with keyboard opinions, why do you care anyways. We got your argument the first 15,000 times you posted it, let it go, move along.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Crickets: Guess we know exactly why he comes here in the aiming forum.

Don't worry, he'll be back because he thinks it's cool and he'll be loved and respected by the others like him when he starts trashing.

Like I posted to him, I'll be reporting every one of his wise guy derogatory posts to Mike. Mike will either get sick and tired of it and ban me or take it to heart and ban him.

You can do likewise and report his posts. They say there's strength in numbers. We'll find out.

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
So why doesn't this opinion go both ways. Why do you non users care about CTE. Move on. You can't. You couldn't even introduce Poolology without comparing it to CTE. It's ridiculous to be constantly told the way i am aiming can't possibly work from people with keyboard opinions, why do you care anyways. We got your argument the first 15,000 times you posted it, let it go, move along.

This is an open forum and I would say many have bought pro1 so I would also say we have every right to discuss it.

The directions of the dvds seem pretty easy to follow, hitting center pocket with these same directions not so easy.

Many here have spent a lot of time at the table, so understanding the hows of something shouldn't be that hard. Cte guys favorite saying...you just dont get it.
Please explain what we dont get?

You and many of your brothers of the system have acted as you've got something so special that your special.
Dont think so, you
discredited anyone who's questioned
You guys and really are the blame of most of it.

Stan is not my God nor is Hal. I haved played long enough to undestand how this game works.
Many others in the same boat.

Also Stan has probably lost many people who's probably been interested but he's put himself in jeopardy of losing that interest from some of his bs, what a joke.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is an open forum and I would say many have bought pro1 so I would also say we have every right to discuss it.

The directions of the dvds seem pretty easy to follow, hitting center pocket with these same directions not so easy.

Many here have spent a lot of time at the table, so understanding the hows of something shouldn't be that hard. Cte guys favorite saying...you just dont get it.

Sorry, just don't see anyone who bought the DVD coming on here with a specific problem or question, never have. Hard to explain what you don't get when you post a generalization and not a specific question.

PS Stan has a line several miles long, he's not worried at all.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member

Do you mean the same things over and over again ad nauseum for two decades by the same cast of characters?

I guess it depends on how well you know the system and how long you've adhered to it without switching over to the "old faithful method" used for years.

You don't get what you don't know. Go back to my post a few back from this one with the OB and CB set up on the table and walk/talk us through what the alignment is and how it's done.

You and many of your brothers of the system have acted as you've got something so special that your special.
Dont think so, you
discredited anyone who's questioned
You guys and really are the blame of most of it.

Really? Go back to posts made back in 2012 - 2014 and it was discussed ad nauseum by ALL CTEers.

Stan is not my God nor is Hal. I haved played long enough to undestand how this game works.
Many others in the same boat.

Anthony, I've seen your videos at the table for many years now and I have zero doubt in my mind that you're a very good player. It didn't come over night. Like everyone, you worked hard at it with many hours and years at the table so I can appreciate the work and the finished product.

I think it would be very difficult for you to abandon what you're doing and switch over to something quite different. Hey, Stan was a far better player than you are before knowing about CTE. He won PRO tournaments with strong fields. HE had to make the switch. So did Landon...so did Tyler Styer and all the PROS and top amateurs in the list I made earlier in the thread.

It wasn't force fed down their throat. They either got it and saw something you didn't or they saw what you think and went back to what they were doing.

You should do likewise and TEACH PEOPLE WHAT YOU DO. NOBODY IS STOPPING YOU.

Also Stan has probably lost many people who's probably been interested but he's put himself in jeopardy of losing that interest from some of his bs, what a joke.

Worrying about what Stan has done or hasn't done is none of your business, PERIOD!

If you want to b*tch about something, how about Elon Musk for not producing the Tesla automobiles that many people paid for up front and still haven't received.

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member

Here you go Anthony. Show us what you get or what you don't get. This is really not that complex or difficult IF you know the basics.

OB is 12" from the side pocket in the middle of the table. CB is 9" away from the first diamond on the side rail closest to the corner pocket on the same side of the table. You want to cut it into the corner pocket on the same side of the table where the CB is which is a cut to the right.

What do you look for and what do you do to make the shot? IOW, what are the visuals and steps you go through? They really are pretty simple and fast.

You're on stage...take it away Your choice: You can do it with a manual pivot or Pro1. I'm sure you know the differences between the two.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member

In bold.... Not true. I introduced Poolology without ever comparing it to CTE. It's the defenders of CTE that ended up polluting my very first thread here on AZ, which is where I introduced Poolology. In one post I mentioned that the system provides a fractional aimpoint without relying on guesswork or "pivot" tricks or gimmicks. Stan Shuffett immediately jumped on the word "pivot" because he didn't like it being used with the word "gimmick". I explained that there are many YouTube videos showing pivot aiming, and so I wasn't exclusively talking about his version of CTE.

Later in the thread ValiantThor or some other CTE cheerleader had to chime in with comments comparing CTE to all other inferior systems.

The thread is here for anyone interested in the truth. Why did Stan and a couple of others jump into the conversation?
It had nothing to do with CTE, and CTE was never mentioned until they jumped in. https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=446463&highlight=Poolology

I admit that I have posted in quite a few CTE threads over the last 3 years, especially when I was first trying to figure it out. But everyone here that has either had the dvds or watched all of Stan's youtube vids numerous times, yet still has/had trouble getting the system to work, has posted questions or responses in CTE related threads, so I'm no different.

One thing is certain though....I don't engage in that neverending bs anymore. And I sure don't, or ever have, read CTE related threads in an effort to police any possible comments that may or may not be related to Poolology or fractional aiming. Lol. That seems to be a common practice for diehard CTEers. It's treated like sacrilege anytime a non CTE user even mentions "CTE". You guys could start your own website forum and keep all non-cte users out, but some of you would still feel the need to keep up the defense by policing non-cte threads to make sure no one mentions it. I don't do that with fractions, or Poolology. Others don't do that with ghostball or contact points or salux or 90/90 or whatever. We mention other aiming methods, compare one method to another, and all is well, unless one of those methods just happens to involve Stan's/Hal's pivot system. Other pivot systems are ok to discuss. In fact, any other system is ok to discuss, and nobody gets tore up or flamed about it.

Last edited:

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Here you go Anthony. Show us what you get or what you don't get. This is really not that complex or difficult IF you know the basics.

It's simple fractionally: 3/4 overlap (with no throw).

I'm sure CTE throws in an extra dance step or two.

pj
chgo

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In bold.... Not true. I introduced Poolology without ever comparing it to CTE. It's the defenders of CTE that ended up polluting my very first thread here on AZ, which is where I introduced Poolology. In one post I mentioned that the system provides a fractional aimpoint without relying on guesswork or "pivot" tricks or gimmicks. Stan Shuffett immediately jumped on the word "pivot" because he didn't like it being used with the word "gimmick". I explained that there are many YouTube videos showing pivot aiming, and so I wasn't exclusively talking about his version of CTE.

Later in the thread ValiantThor or some other CTE cheerleader had to chime in with comments comparing CTE to all other inferior systems.

The thread is here for anyone interested in the truth. Why did Stan and a couple of others jump into the conversation?
It had nothing to do with CTE, and CTE was never mentioned until they jumped in. https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=446463&highlight=Poolology

I admit that I have posted in quite a few CTE threads over the last 3 years, especially when I was first trying to figure it out. But everyone here that has either had the dvds or watched all of Stan's youtube vids numerous times, yet still has/had trouble getting the system to work, has posted questions or responses in CTE related threads, so I'm no different.

One thing is certain though....I don't engage in that neverending bs anymore. And I sure don't, or ever have, read CTE related threads in an effort to police any possible comments that may or may not be related to Poolology or fractional aiming. Lol. That seems to be a common practice for diehard CTEers. It's treated like sacrilege anytime a non CTE user even mentions "CTE". You guys could start your own website forum and keep all non-cte users out, but some of you would still feel the need to keep up the defense by policing non-cte threads to make sure no one mentions it. I don't do that with fractions, or Poolology. Others don't do that with ghostball or contact points or salux or 90/90 or whatever. We mention other aiming methods, compare one method to another, and all is well, unless one of those methods just happens to involve Stan's/Hal's pivot system. Other pivot systems are ok to discuss. In fact, any other system is ok to discuss, and nobody gets tore up or flamed about it.

To be clear you mentioned pivots and gimmicks. Stan only asked you to name some systems that used pivots and gimmicks. No mention of CTE at all. That didn't happen till when?

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In bold.... Not true. I introduced Poolology without ever comparing it to CTE. It's the defenders of CTE that ended up polluting my very first thread here on AZ, which is where I introduced Poolology. In one post I mentioned that the system provides a fractional aimpoint without relying on guesswork or "pivot" tricks or gimmicks. .

I think you polluted your own thread as you call it. I just skimmed the thread and saw virtually no CTE supporter even comment. In fact without the pivot and gimmick comment you made i believe your thread would have been totally left alone by CTE supporters. When is the last time a CTE thread had that kind of civility from the non supporters?

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
It's simple fractionally: 3/4 overlap (with no throw).

I'm sure CTE throws in an extra dance step or two.

pj
chgo

It's simple the CTE way also.

We're doing this with a CTE alignment and idiom. What is the aim point (letter) on the OB and what part of the CB which is the whole point of this exercise to determine whether those who say they know it really know it.

Not Poolology fractions or Pat Johnson lingo.

My fault for not specifying it up front.

If it pains you to spit it out, too bad. Don't worry you won't be conforming, it just shows you know "something". Far more than most.

Btw, what are you seeing and doing with the tip of your cue, if anything?

Last edited:

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
It's simple the CTE way also.

We're doing this with a CTE alignment and idiom. What is the aim point (letter) on the OB and what part of the CB which is the whole point of this exercise to determine whether those who say they know it really know it.

Not Poolology fractions or Pat Johnson lingo.

My fault for not specifying it up front.

If it pains you to spit it out, too bad. Don't worry you won't be conforming, it just shows you know "something". Far more than most.

Im actually working and not around a table but what your describing can be done 2 different ways with pro1

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Im actually working and not around a table but what your describing can be done 2 different ways with pro1

When you get home, lay it on us. What I forgot to mention, and just found out from PJ's response, is I forgot to say use CTE Pro1 terminology for the aim points on the OB. (simple enough...letters)

If it's easy for you to tape and explain, super.

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
When you get home, lay it on us. What I forgot to mention, and just found out from PJ's response, is I forgot to say use CTE Pro1 terminology for the aim points on the OB. (simple enough...letters)

If it's easy for you to tape and explain, super.

A and b lineups. One with a outside pivot the other with an inside. Post a diagram of the shot so I can see the shot.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
I think you polluted your own thread as you call it. I just skimmed the thread and saw virtually no CTE supporter even comment. In fact without the pivot and gimmick comment you made i believe your thread would have been totally left alone by CTE supporters. When is the last time a CTE thread had that kind of civility from the non supporters?

Yes, I used "pivot" and "gimmick" in the same comment, which prompted Stan into defensive mode. I wasn't baiting, but caught him anyway because he was looking for bait. He immediately wanted me to say "Well, CTE Stan, of course". But I clarified that I was not referring to his Pro1 method because there is no pivot in that.

By not taking his bait avoided the mud slinging. A few pages later, maybe page 4, GoldenFlash (not ValiantThor, he was cool) jumps in comparing the "superiority" of CTE to everything else, calling my book "gobbledygook". Lol. From then on he just keeps at it, preaching for CTE in a thread that had nothing to do with CTE, and was civil as could be until CTE was brought into it.

I never needed a 20yr old pivot system to help boost interest in Poolology. That was not a wave worth riding. Lol. I didn't need it then, and certainly don't need it now. Any conversation or thread about Poolology can be civil and constructive as long as diehard CTEers don't come crashing in to stir the pot or ride the wave.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
To be clear you mentioned pivots and gimmicks. Stan only asked you to name some systems that used pivots and gimmicks. No mention of CTE at all. That didn't happen till when?

Lol. Yeah...he only asked because he was curious. Sort of like the hothead at the bar that looks over at you while you're talking to your buddy, but you happened to have looked down the bar toward this dude. The brute walks over, chest puffed out, and says, "Are you talk'n about me? Answer me, buddy, you better not be talk'n about me!!"

Those who are always in extreme defense mode tend to police for anything that might possibly be related to whatever it is they happen to think needs defending, whether it's a woman, personal pride, character, or something as trivial as an aiming system used to pocket pool balls.

Last edited: