The Hal Houle Post

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
A and b lineups. One with a outside pivot the other with an inside. Post a diagram of the shot so I can see the shot.

I don't need to post a diagram. That's correct on both. Damn man, you've been on the wrong side.

This is for both you and PJ. Lets take the last setup one step further. SAME MEASUREMENTS AND SPACING AS IN MY ORIGINAL POST.

BUT, WITH THE FOLLOWING:

1. Move JUST the CB 1/2 ball right

2. Move JUST the OB 1/2 ball right

3. Move BOTH the CB and OB by 1/2 ball right

What do we now have with the Letters and anything else you stated in your correct answer post?

Last edited:

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
I don't need to post a diagram. That's correct on both. Damn man, you've been on the wrong side.

This is for both you and PJ. Lets take the last setup one step further. SAME MEASUREMENTS AND SPACING AS IN MY ORIGINAL POST.

BUT, WITH THE FOLLOWING:

What do we now have with the Letters and anything else you stated in your correct answer post?

You are proving a point, but its not favoring you..lol

I think if we just all got along it would kill you.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
You are proving a point, but its not favoring you..lol

I think if we just all got along it would kill you.

I wasn't trying to prove a point nor was it intended to favor me. Based on your last response I really thought you might get it. Give it a shot when you get home.

Getting along would be great and it wouldn't kill me. I/we don't jump on anybody's choice of the way they aim. I/we could give a rats ass about what system it is since most of us have used and or experimented with almost all systems out there. Some are good...some are very good...and some are lousy.

But who doesn't get along? Those who choose to jump all over the guys who did switch over to CTE. Does everyone who chooses not to use CTE think we're stupid idiots and need to blast us and the system every day and all the time for years?

I especially don't think the pros who are using it and top amateurs in the country are stupid and making a big mistake.

I/we would just like to be left alone and not have this daily crap every single day.

Does that make sense or like it's killing me? I'm a very happy person.

Btw, if you get on the table with the new setups I think you'll get the answers.
Maybe, maybe not.

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
I wasn't trying to prove a point nor was it intended to favor me. Based on your last response I really thought you might get it. Give it a shot when you get home.

Getting along would be great and it wouldn't kill me. I/we don't jump on anybody's choice of the way they aim. I/we could give a rats ass about what system it is since most of us have used and or experimented with almost all systems out there. Some are good...some are very good...and some are lousy.

But who doesn't get along? Those who choose to jump all over the guys who did switch over to CTE. Does everyone who chooses not to use CTE think we're stupid idiots and need to blast us and the system every day and all the time for years?

I especially don't think the pros who are using it and top amateurs in the country are stupid and making a big mistake.

I/we would just like to be left alone and not have this daily crap every single day.

Does that make sense or like it's killing me? I'm a very happy person.

Btw, if you get on the table with the new setups I think you'll get the answers.
Maybe, maybe not.

Just by a 1/2 ball move sounds like the same lineup.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lol. Yeah...he only asked because he was curious. Sort of like the hothead at the bar that looks over at you while you're talking to your buddy, but you happened to have looked down the bar toward this dude. The brute walks over, chest puffed out, and says, "Are you talk'n about me? Answer me, buddy, you better not be talk'n about me!!"

Those who are always in extreme defense mode tend to police for anything that might possibly be related to whatever it is they happen to think needs defending, whether it's a woman, personal pride, character, or something as trivial as an aiming system used to pocket pool balls.

Funny, you seem to be the one in defense mode.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Just by a 1/2 ball move sounds like the same lineup.

Wait a minute Anthony. A 1/2 ball move is 1 1/4" either with the CB, OB, or both balls. How in the hell can it be the same alignment and same aim points on the OB with the same inside or outside pivot.

Something has to change in the FRACTION if using a fractional aiming system. Something has to change if using a contact point or equal and opposite contact points on the CB and OB.

That's impossible!! Or so say the naysayers. How can you sit there with a straight face and explain it?

But Anthony...I do have respect for you because, AGAIN, you are 100% CORRECT!!

How in the world do you get through the skulls of those hung up on 2 dimensional drawings or fractions and contact points. Not that they're bad systems at all.

We don't. And therein lies the problem. Like I said earlier, you're a strong player.
I think you'd even be stronger if you really got involved.

Just sayin'. Your choice.

I really don't care to get into any pissing contests with you again. There's a lot going for you.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member

BUT, WITH THE FOLLOWING:

This is good example of another topic not talked about very much when it comes to aiming accuracy.

Doing some math shows your initial setup to be a shot angle of 18.7°. Moving the OB another halfball toward center table makes it a 19.6° shot angle. At this distance, the ob has a little more than a 2° window into the pocket, about 1° left or right of center. This means that the player can use the exact same aim to pocket both shots, whether it's CTE or fractions or whatever.

Fractionally, it's a 5/8 shot. There's just the right amount of throw to have the ob leave on a shot angle around 19°. So the same aim could be used if the shot were anywhere between 18 and 20 degrees. Or with CTE you can use the same perception and pivot. Once the aim being used is too thick or too thin to fit the ob cleanly into the window it has at the pocket, then a different aim will be needed, either fractionally or perceptually.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Brian, why don't you stick to what you have with Poolology and keep your damn nose out of anything CTE.

There are a number of areas in fractional aiming including Poolology that I could rip to shreds but I choose not to. Players can make their own choices regarding what they want to use and why.

You've done more analyzing of CTE on this forum than you've ever done for free on here with your method. It's go to Amazon and buy it. No freebies here.

In an earlier post you stated that you joined this forum to "introduce your fractional system". Which means sell, sell, sell. Make the money. That's OK but you could also keep it confined to Poolology where you should be.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Funny, you seem to be the one in defense mode.

How's that? There is a difference between simply replying to a comment to prove what really happened and replying to a comment for the sole purpose of policing or denigrating someone else's words or opinions because they don't conform to your own.

Let's say you walk into a public place, a bar or poolhall, holding the door open for a couple that's coming in behind you. The lady says thanks you, but the man looks at you like he's pissed at you for holding the door. The whole time you're in there this guy keeps his eye on you to make sure you don't glance in his woman's direction. If you do he'll be in your face to let you know not to do it again. This is called insecurity. That guy walks around in defensive mode all the time, always policing the room to make sure nobody is plotting against him. Who knows why, maybe there's been a lot of talk about his woman, a lot of rumors about other men, so this guy is always on the edge, always looking out. If anyone even looks like they might be scheming then he'll step up and put a stop to it, even if there's nothing to put a stop to.

I never have understood this caveman mentality. It's certainly not in my character. I have enough self esteem/confidence to not have to live in paranoid police mode all the time. But in the last three years it certainly does describe a few down here in the aiming forum, the way they engage non-CTE players that happen to post anything that could even remotely resemble CTE. They're like... Don't look! Don't touch! Don't talk about it! Don't even think about! I'm watching you!

Lol

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Brian, why don't you stick to what you have with Poolology and keep your damn nose out of anything CTE.

There are a number of areas in fractional aiming including Poolology that I could rip to shreds but I choose not to. Players can make their own choices regarding what they want to use and why.

You've done more analyzing of CTE on this forum than you've ever done for free on here with your method. It's go to Amazon and buy it. No freebies here.

In an earlier post you stated that you joined this forum to "introduce your fractional system". Which means sell, sell, sell. Make the money. That's OK but you could also keep it confined to Poolology where you should be.

I thought I was bringing up a good a topic, how slight angle differences don't really matter all that much for most shots. It applies to all aiming.

And I've told you before, there is nothing you can say about Poolology that I haven't already said. You can shred all you want, and I guarantee you my reaction will be civil and professional, nothing like what Ive seen from you and others when addressing questions or complaints about CTE.

But you are correct.... People can make their own choices. They can aim anyway they like. They just can't come here to talk about it without getting dragged into that 20yr old drama.

Last edited:

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
Wait a minute Anthony. A 1/2 ball move is 1 1/4" either with the CB, OB, or both balls. How in the hell can it be the same alignment and same aim points on the OB with the same inside or outside pivot.

Something has to change in the FRACTION if using a fractional aiming system. Something has to change if using a contact point or equal and opposite contact points on the CB and OB.

That's impossible!! Or so say the naysayers. How can you sit there with a straight face and explain it?

But Anthony...I do have respect for you because, AGAIN, you are 100% CORRECT!!

How in the world do you get through the skulls of those hung up on 2 dimensional drawings or fractions and contact points. Not that they're bad systems at all.

We don't. And therein lies the problem. Like I said earlier, you're a strong player.
I think you'd even be stronger if you really got involved.

Just sayin'. Your choice.

I really don't care to get into any pissing contests with you again. There's a lot going for you.

Dave just going by Stans instructions and like I said many understand that.

The power of practice, the eyes lead the body follows.

You ever see a good player, not a hack a really good player aim at the contact piont on a really thin cut and nails it everytime. He didn't really shoot for that spot when he pulled the trigger .

The eyes lead the body follows.

BTW....thanks for taking it easy on me.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sort of like the hothead at the bar that looks over at you while you're talking to your buddy, but you happened to have looked down the bar toward this dude. The brute walks over, chest puffed out, and says, "Are you talk'n about me? Answer me, buddy, you better not be talk'n about me!!"

Let's say you walk into a public place, a bar or poolhall, holding the door open for a couple that's coming in behind you. The lady says thanks you, but the man looks at you like he's pissed at you for holding the door. The whole time you're in there this guy keeps his eye on you to make sure you don't glance in his woman's direction. If you do he'll be in your face to let you know not to do it again. This is called insecurity. That guy walks around in defensive mode all the time, always policing the room to make sure nobody is plotting against him. Who knows why, maybe there's been a lot of talk about his woman, a lot of rumors about other men, so this guy is always on the edge, always looking out. If anyone even looks like they might be scheming then he'll step up and put a stop to it, even if there's nothing to put a stop to.

Either you need to stay out of bars or maybe go to a higher class of bars,lol.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I thought I was bringing up a good a topic, how slight angle differences don't really matter all that much for most shots. It applies to all aiming.

Not true at all. I was heavily involved with Joe Tucker's Contact Point System which is highly defined equal and opposite alignments that need to be matched up on both balls. If you have a 3 - 3 alignment between CB and OB on a certain shot and then move one ball or the other or both balls 1/2 CB, you have an entirely different numerical alignment. A 3 -3 is not going to snake it's way into the pocket.

Nor is your fractional system where there's a 2mm-3mm distance between each fraction while trying to envision all of this with a full fat center CB and full fat OB aim point with 10 fractions per side.
Does the math for the shots work on paper? I'll take your word for it but it's not reality because the eyes and body alignment don't always agree on a day to day basis. And neither does the CUE ANGLE. All of these 2D drawings, illustrations, and math have a perfectly parallel shaft angle. It's not reality unless that's just the way someone chooses to play. Offsets, pivots, and back hand English create slightly angled or even moderately angled shaft angles. 90/90 would be a perfect example of an altered shaft angle after pivoting from the extreme outside of the CB back to center.

But AZ math wizards and champions at all levels will say it doesn't work. What a joke! How can that be calculated in a math formula?

And I've told you before, there is nothing you can say about Poolology that I haven't already said.

Wanna BET?

You can shred all you want, and I guarantee you my reaction will be civil and professional, nothing like what Ive seen from you and others when addressing questions or complaints about CTE.

You've been soft balled and embraced here the entire time you joined by the same anti-CTE crowd that's been doing their crap for over 20 years.
You have no idea what it's like with the day in and day out constant harassment for over 20 years. If you had to go through it you wouldn't be this "Mr. Nice Guy" that you portray yourself to be.

But you are correct.... People can make their own choices. They can aim anyway they like. They just can't come here to talk about it without getting dragged into that 20yr old drama.

It could help if you stayed out of it like you said you were going to by NOT POSTING any more. But here you are once again.

Tell me Brian, how many pro players are now using Poolology? How many have come to you for personal lessons a week at a time?

How many top, and I mean top amateurs have come to you for personal lessons a week at a time and use Poolology?

Most of the time you don't even use it yourself. You have this instant recall from subconscious mind training that just draws everything up for you in a couple of milliseconds while you're in this deep trance state and everything goes in.

Btw, how did you fare in the US Amateur tournament this year and previous years?

Did you even qualify or did you already win it in the la-la land make believe dream world you live in?

Please tell me the story, excuses and all, regarding how super Poolology worked for you when Aramis and the Roy Basement posse went through Charleston W Va.

Aramis was taking on all comers in sets for $50. You jumped up there and bet $50 and Aramis beat you as fast as Mike Tyson would have knocked you out if he was taking on all comers.
How did all that perfect math in Poolology do when you really needed it along with the subconscious/unconscious mind?

I think I've been very civil and professional. Hope no feelings are hurt.

Last edited:

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
It could help if you stayed out of it like you said you were going to by NOT POSTING any more. But here you are once again.

Tell me Brian, how many pro players are now using Poolology? How many have come to you for personal lessons a week at a time?

How many top, and I mean top amateurs have come to you for personal lessons a week at a time and use Poolology?

Most of the time you don't even use it yourself. You have this instant recall from subconscious mind training that just draws everything up for you in a couple of milliseconds while you're in this deep trance state and everything goes in.

Btw, how did you fare in the US Amateur tournament this year and previous years?

Did you even qualify or did you already win it in the la-la land make believe dream world you live in?

Please tell me the story, excuses and all, regarding how super Poolology worked for you when Aramis and the Roy Basement posse went through Charleston W Va.

Aramis was taking on all comers in sets for $50. You jumped up there and bet $50 and Aramis beat you as fast as Mike Tyson would have knocked you out if he was taking on all comers.
How did all that perfect math in Poolology do when you really needed it along with the subconscious/unconscious mind?

I think I've been very civil and professional. Hope no feelings are hurt.

How many pros bought Stan's DVDs? Lol. I bet zero.

Stan has been an instructor for many many years, and was also a pro player, so it's no surprise that he has pros that come to him for lessons. Pros are just like the rest of us, always looking for anything to get an edge on their competition.

I'm not an instructor, and don't claim to be, so there is no one lining up to take lessons. Poolology is a book to help players develop a good eye for pocketing balls. It's that simple. Pros don't need it. Just as pros don't need halftip pivots or sweeps. They do, however, benefit from reinforcing their PSR, which I believe is what they get out of CTE. I could be wrong of course. It makes no difference to me.

And I have never played in the US Amateur tournament. Never wanted to spend the money or waste vacation time that could be used with my family.

Aranas is a worldclass player. I got out the first rack. Then later in the set played a poorly executed saftety on a one ball, then in another game missed a one ball. He ran out every time. Great guy, great player.

And yes, you are being more civil, now that you've had a long vacation from here. No feelings hurt one bit.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
How many pros bought Stan's DVDs? Lol. I bet zero.

This statement by you has ME LOL. You have got to be kidding me!
Pros in ANY sport don't buy DVDs to learn. They go straight to the source for live lessons. Tiger Woods, Brooks Koepka, Rory McElroy...ALL of them take lessons in PERSON with their instructors. What is this...the clown corner show here this morning with that question?

Stan has been an instructor for many many years, and was also a pro player, so it's no surprise that he has pros that come to him for lessons. Pros are just like the rest of us, always looking for anything to get an edge on their competition.

Yeah, true...so what's your point?

I'm not an instructor, and don't claim to be, so there is no one lining up to take lessons. Poolology is a book to help players develop a good eye for pocketing balls. It's that simple. Pros don't need it.

You created, designed, and SELL an INSTRUCTIONAL book or booklet for a FRACTIONAL AIMING SYSTEM. So what are you saying...you couldn't or wouldn't give a live instructional lesson if someone requested it? Since you did create an INSTRUCTIONAL BOOK for money, what would you call yourself? Fictional writer? Maybe some see it that way.

Just as pros don't need halftip pivots or sweeps.

Oh but pros who are involved with CTE use pivots and sweeps. Why? Because that's how it works and is taught. I'd say almost all pros use backhand English or pivots to apply spin. Some use tuck and roll. They don't use parallel offset for English and then stand there like goofball math scientists calculating deflection, throw, swerve, Coriolis force, wind from a fan or air conditioning and any other factor like the amateur hack scientists on a pool forum.

They do, however, benefit from reinforcing their PSR, which I believe is what they get out of CTE. I could be wrong of course. It makes no difference to me.

Yes, CTE when done correctly has the PSR built in.

And I have never played in the US Amateur tournament. Never wanted to spend the money or waste vacation time that could be used with my family.

What makes you think you could qualify to begin with? Nice try with a lame excuse. Besides, your children are at an age where they can take care of themselves for a few days. Your daughter is old enough. I am sorry, very sorry that you lost your wife at such an early age. I sincerely mean it.

Aranas is a worldclass player. I got out the first rack. Then later in the set played a poorly executed saftety on a one ball, then in another game missed a one ball. He ran out every time. Great guy, great player.

Tell us about the chocked shot with the bridge that was an absolute "gimme."

And yes, you are being more civil, now that you've had a long vacation from here. No feelings hurt one bit.

Everybody here who is somebody has gotten vacations. The last one wasn't long and I definitely don't hold the record for the longest. That belongs to someone else who posts in the aiming forum regularly. Too bad your savior and staunchest supporter who also doesn't use Poolology is on vacation.

Last edited:

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Does the math for the shots work on paper? I'll take your word for it but it's not reality because the eyes and body alignment don't always agree on a day to day basis. And neither does the CUE ANGLE. All of these 2D drawings, illustrations, and math have a perfectly parallel shaft angle. It's not reality unless that's just the way someone chooses to play.

The shot you described is a 5/8 hit fractionally. I calculated the exact cut angle to center pocket.
CIT plays a part also, so nothing is really exact because CIT varies based on table conditions and cb action.
But using Poolology the shot is a standard 5/8 hit. And if you move the ob another halfball out it still goes using 5/8. Move it a halfball in and it may or may not go because the shot will be borerline between a 3/4 and 5/8 cut.

An inch or so difference on the cb or ob end of the shot only results in about a 1° difference with the ob path into the pocket. That's from half table. From closer shots there is much more tolerance. For far away shots there is very little tolerance.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
The shot you described is a 5/8 hit fractionally. I calculated the exact cut angle to center pocket.
CIT plays a part also, so nothing is really exact because CIT varies based on table conditions and cb action.
But using Poolology the shot is a standard 5/8 hit. And if you move the ob another halfball out it still goes using 5/8. Move it a halfball in and it may or may not go because the shot will be borerline between a 3/4 and 5/8 cut.

They do have to be making sure they're using the EXACT dead center of the FAT CB to line it up to whatever fraction they're aiming at. No easy task at all. That could be off by 1/8" from eye position, tip placement, or distortion.

An inch or so difference on the cb or ob end of the shot only results in about a 1° difference with the ob path into the pocket. That's from half table. From closer shots there is much more tolerance. For far away shots there is very little tolerance.

Einstein had nothing on you when it comes to math. I could care less. The math wizards here have also claimed and shown with their 2D drawings how various shots with CTE couldn't possibly be made and impossible because the math didn't show it.

Like I said earlier...put your math to 90/90 and tell me how it works as well as why 90/90 DOESN'T work because the math says so. Or tell me how the math works on an angled cue.

Btw, I forgot about this. One of the top women pro players of all time ordered a CTE DVD set to learn from and try to incorporate into her play. So it does happen.

Any pro players order Poolology? Oh, that's right. Only Amazon knows so there must have been hundreds. LMAO.

Last edited:

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Tell us about the chocked shot with the bridge that was an absolute "gimme."

I'd have to look up the video. I know I made 2 or 3 mistakes, but the one ball miss is what I remember most. It was fun. First time I ever played a pro player, and it wasn't just any pro, but one that is ranked in the top 10 in the world. If I had had more money to waste I would've kept playing him just for the opportunity.

Here's an idea.....when somebody asks me, "why did you shoot that shot that way", I tell them I'll shoot every shot their way if they let me play on their cash. So how about this: I will play in every big tournament you want to see me in if you step up and pay my second mortgage and all the bills that come with paying for two homes. Lol.

Seriously though, I have no doubts that I could qualify to play in the US Amateur Open. I just haven't done it. Same reasons I don't go around playing in all the local bar tournaments....I have more important things on my plate. I will be in vegas in March though. I placed in the money last year and my team got 4th. Hopefully we do better this year.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I'd have to look up the video. I know I made 2 or 3 mistakes, but the one ball miss is what I remember most. It was fun. First time I ever played a pro player, and it wasn't just any pro, but one that is ranked in the top 10 in the world. If I had had more money to waste I would've kept playing him just for the opportunity.

Here's an idea.....when somebody asks me, "why did you shoot that shot that way", I tell them I'll shoot every shot their way if they let me play on their cash. So how about this: I will play in every big tournament you want to see me in if you step up and pay my second mortgage and all the bills that come with paying for two homes. Lol.

Seriously though, I have no doubts that I could qualify to play in the US Amateur Open. I just haven't done it.

Yeah, and you could probably qualify to play in the US Open golf tournament also. It's all a pipe dream and mental masturbation UNTIL you really DO IT! I have serious doubts you COULD qualify. It's a much bigger stage where you've never been before. Nerves and the mind do NOT react the same way when playing for nothing or something less meaningful.

Same reasons I don't go around playing in all the local bar tournaments....I have more important things on my plate. I will be in vegas in March though. I placed in the money last year and my team got 4th. Hopefully we do better this year.

Oh, so you don't mind leaving your children for that event, huh?

Btw, something just dawned on me. You said you measured it and the cut angle was an absolute 5/8 fraction. But PJ stated yesterday it was a clear cut pure 3/4 fraction.

So who is correct? You both can't be. You also measured in a CIT factor. Is this going to be your next e-book? Calculations for pool cut angles based on CIT. Also variations of CIT for CB speed in mph...dirty, sticky OB balls vs. clean...new slick cloth vs. used cloth...etc. etc. Here's a good name for it: IF YOU DON'T KNOW CIT, YOU DON'T KNOW *HIT!

Last edited: