Is Schmidt's and charlie 626 Legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So basically this whole thread is questioning John Schmidt's integrity.

I think it would be really strange to promote this accomplishment having used unethical methods to attain the result.

This isn't like winning the Tour de France for god's sake,,,,, he isn't retiring wealthy from passing Willie's achievement.

I think I said waaaaay back that, sometimes, things get away from people and claims are made before they are thoroughly vetted.

Not saying that’s the case here but it’s starting to look a lot like it. My only other comment would be that to some people ego is at least as important as money

Lou Figueroa

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
No one except us is talking.

Go into almost any pool room and ask if they heard JS ran a bunch at 14.1 and the most likely response you’d get is a puzzled look and “What’s 14.1?”

And I don’t get you saying that someone’s age or imagined disposition has something to do with any of this. It’d be like saying... oh... I don’t know, something like: people with really big noses are trying to prop up an unproven accomplishment.

Lou Figueroa

Great, then nobody knows about the 3 folks that don't believe it happened.

I mean, it's not like there are a bunch of "greasy" coach potatoes running around telling everyone, there seems to be only one. lol

Another BUMP for World Champ Mr. 626, John Schmidt. Well done Sir :)

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Team personal grudge = people that already have their mind's made up due to personal reasons. This group is so small it's almost invisible. They are just a handful of people that take turns posting the same garbage over and over. Some of team "personal grudge" trys to blend in with team "purist" but, it's like mixing oil and water.

Team purist = another small group (I'm in this group) but, it's way bigger than group one. Biggest difference between us (purist) and team "personal grudge" is: team "purist" don't care "who" gets credit for the record. All we care about are the conditions before and during the run. We understand that certain conditions CANNOT be met. It would be unrealistic to think they can. This is 2020 and we shouldn't expect anyone to try and pull a pool table into a time machine.....again "personal grudge".

IMO, everyone else falls into the biggest group of people that really don't care about the who, when or even the how's for the biggest part.

There are some here that "think" they are in the "purist" group and claim they love 14.1 and thats all it's about, when in reality they care more about "who" has the claim.

Which group do you think your in?

Jeff

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member

LOl. Now you are saying World Champ. The words world Record and World Champ are going around.
So exactly just how is John a World Champ?
When John won Dragon Promotions so called World Tournament it was no longer a World Championship or recognized by any governing body or pool any longer. That tournament lost that title a few prior to John winning it so that you know. Charlie still used thw words World Tournament but was not allowed to use the words World Championship any longer.
As for World record everybody has their opinion and then there are the facts.If there was no claim of a video John would have been better off but since he claims there is a video it needed to and should be available to view with all 626 balls pocketed not 426 pocketed. His camp claims they didn't start videoing any runs until a run reached the 200 mark and the run started at 9am and the Billiard room doesn't open till 11am. So why all the times there was a free live stream and all of sudden no live stream and now a claim of running 6oo balls?
Cranfield 768 lives on and as recognized by all 14.1 fans and players as the record. Johns so called whatever 626 run claimed by him, his camp and, wanna be players and nut huggers. Carry on guys but the real truth hurts if you can see it or don't wanna see it.
Release the video John of 626 balls unedited. I will give the first $500.00 for a copy. Anyone else wanna chip in to the pot.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They came, they posted, they disappeared.

Lou Figueroa

Sort of like the astronomers who won't engage in discussions with flat earthers...and the crash investigators who arent on forums debating whether it was a missile or a plane that hit the Pentagon on 9-11.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
LOl. Now you are saying World Champ. The words world Record and World Champ are going around.
So exactly just how is John a World Champ?

He has the world record, so I'm going with World Record Champion of the Highest Run. Just shortened it a bit but I like it, and really, isn't that all that matters ;)

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Sort of like the astronomers who won't engage in discussions with flat earthers...and the crash investigators who arent on forums debating whether it was a missile or a plane that hit the Pentagon on 9-11.

It was definitely a plane that hit the Pentagon. I have a couple friends that saw it from across interstate 95. Sad day as I lost several friends in the Pentagon that day.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
It was definitely a plane that hit the Pentagon. I have a couple friends that saw it from across interstate 95. Sad day as I lost several friends in the Pentagon that day.

So I’m not making light of any of that and going a bit off topic but have any of you ever heard Louis CK do the (9) 11 deniers joke? I was in tears the other night, half my face soaked with salty eye water.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtxMB-MQpso

Starts at 16:54

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great, then nobody knows about the 3 folks that don't believe it happened.

I mean, it's not like there are a bunch of "greasy" coach potatoes running around telling everyone, there seems to be only one. lol

I have no problem being in a minority.

Ever see, “Twelve Angry Men”?

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Please don’t go there.

I worked at the Pentagon for several years and lost friends in that plane attack.

Lou Figueroa

4pointer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the 2012 tournament banned or not is a big achievement .
because of a very strong field.

reyes vs schmidt , one of the best finals ever .

is toastie 5 times worldchampion or 2 times worldchampion ?

i prefer 5 times .

4pointer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
is that a serious information that the tape not shows the first 200 balls ,
or the next conspiracy theory ?

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Yeah...a girl I used to work with was sitting on 395 when the plane flew over her.

But people question the fact.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Please don’t go there.

I worked at the Pentagon for several years and lost friends in that plane attack.

Lou Figueroa

Sorry touch deep. No malicious intent, I promise

As a D.C. Metro resident it was an incredibly impactful event to me too. It is mind boggling, how large a building that is and how many people it hosts.

Status
Not open for further replies.