Is Schmidt's and charlie 626 Legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

forabeer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
RE: Side Pocket Break Shots

Almost every DCC Hi Run Challenge attempt starts with one.
(from the YouTube videos I've seen)

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
RE: Side Pocket Break Shots

Almost every DCC Hi Run Challenge attempt starts with one.
(from the YouTube videos I've seen)
That's true. The OB is often placed exactly on the center spot. (How many know when the center spot is used at 14.1?) If you take a 45-degree cut and play with follow at speed, the cue ball hits right between the two head balls and rarely scratches.

Some players at DCC used the standard side-of-the-rack break because they felt the scatter was better for getting a next break shot. Some just felt uncomfortable with the side pocket -- maybe they thought it was cheating somehow.

I believe the first person to use the side pocket break was Leil Gay who had the most entries the first year.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
i love the sidepocket break
havent played 14.1 at all though this yr

Last edited:

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has anyone done a mental health check on Danny? He may have imploded after seeing the review. I haven’t seen him on here since, should we be worried?

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Has anyone done a mental health check on Danny? He may have imploded after seeing the review. I haven’t seen him on here since, should we be worried?
He preemptively bowed out when he saw that train coming. I'm sure he'll be back. No need to check his mental health, just read a few of his posts for your answer.

Sent from the future.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Has anyone done a mental health check on Danny? He may have imploded after seeing the review.
His last post was a few hours before Bob's report. I don't believe there's much question about his mental "health", but at least he's that sane.

pj
chgo

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Naw, man. I did some work once.

It was the worst day of my life.
:rotflmao1:

Pics or it didn't happen BB....u arshat.

I'm not scared of work in the least, I will lay down beside it and go to sleep and think nothing of it.

I don't have to worry about working since nobody would hire my old crippled a55 in the first place.

I ask my employer of over 35 years if I could come back from retirement. He said,:

We took a vote and it's unanimous......how much do you need to keeep you away?

They must really like me huh?

Jeff

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
His last post was a few hours before Bob's report. I don't believe there's much question about his mental "health", but at least he's that sane.

pj
chgo

Yep. PJ, at least Danny was smart enough to jump that ship before it went under, unlike some others that still do their best to grapple at weak theories.

It should be called ghost theories because when ask, they won't even give a reason to why they won't except Bob's review as gospel.

Takes all kinds PJ.

Jeff

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not actually paying attention here; already said I'd rather see high runs on minimum aperture pockets. One question though, the video was speeded up for a section? Really good way to breeze past some editing. Not saying or even concerned what the case may be but just sayin'...

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not actually paying attention here; already said I'd rather see high runs on minimum aperture pockets. One question though, the video was speeded up for a section? Really good way to breeze past some editing. Not saying or even concerned what the case may be but just sayin'...

Just sayin

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Aliens...from outer space.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
... the video was speeded up for a section? Really good way to breeze past some editing. Not saying or even concerned what the case may be but just sayin'...

If you weren't "saying" or even concerned you would not have posted it. At least be honest about the nonsense you decide to post.

Sent from the future.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you weren't "saying" or even concerned you would not have posted it. At least be honest about the nonsense you decide to post.

Sent from the future.

What's so dishonest about my post?

i really don't care if it's a con job. Like I said before 5" pockets is a deal breaker for me. Anybody care what the record for slamming ping pong balls out the front door is? All the to and fro and still no concrete facts. It's a little too much like those CTE threads.
Sure is nitty in the future.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
What's so dishonest about my post?

i really don't care if it's a con job. Like I said before 5" pockets is a deal breaker for me. Anybody care what the record for slamming ping pong balls out the front door is? All the to and fro and still no concrete facts. It's a little too much like those CTE threads.

Sure is nitty in the future.
The Mosconi record was same giant pockets so I guess he broke the old giant pocket secord and set a new one. So which is it...you are not interested or you are suggesting something nefarious?

Sent from the future.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Mosconi record was same giant pockets so I guess he broke the old giant pocket secord and set a new one. So which is it...you are not interested or you are suggesting something nefarious?

Sent from the future.

Smaller table too. What's Mosconi's record got to do with this? Nobody asked if that was legit. But this thread comes right out and does of the new number. And since when is interest versus nefarious a reciprocal thing?

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Smaller table too. What's Mosconi's record got to do with this? Nobody asked if that was legit. But this thread comes right out and does of the new number. And since when is interest versus nefarious a reciprocal thing?

So, answer the question, is Mosconi's record "suspect" because of the big pockets? Nobody things so, but you believe we need a different standard for JS. Brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.