Is Schmidt's and charlie 626 Legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
I am just guessing but maybe Mosconi came up since that's the record the John set out to break. I haven't heard a lot questioning the Mosconi run but I do feel compelled to correct those who think it was something it wasn't.

Sent from the future.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So, answer the question, is Mosconi's record "suspect" because of the big pockets? Nobody things so, but you believe we need a different standard for JS. Brilliant.

Mosconi, happened before I was born and I have no thoughts other than what it was to me growing up; a feat of seemingly incredible skill. Fast forward to now, I have a better view of things skill and craft as well as self promotion and adverteasing hype - as do today's jocks and craftsmen I might add.
And speaking of dead horses, 5" pockets are not an evolution. They veritably render the accomplishment, nothing but a hundred more.

Show me a 100 on a Chinese table. Show me 200 on a 9 foot Russian table cut to better facilitate shots down the rail. This is where current averages should be.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Mosconi, happened before I was born and I have no thoughts other than what it was to me growing up; a feat of seemingly incredible skill. Fast forward to now, I have a better view of things skill and craft as well as self promotion and adverteasing hype - as do today's jocks and craftsmen I might add.

And speaking of dead horses, 5" pockets are not an evolution. They veritably render the accomplishment, nothing but a hundred more.

Show me a 100 on a Chinese table. Show me 200 on a 9 foot Russian table cut to better facilitate shots down the rail. This is where current averages should be.
What is the current straight pool record on a Chinese 8 ball table?

Sent from the future.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I haven't a clue. My numbers are arbitrary.

Mmhmm.

The pocket size argument is a strange one in a way. To scrubs like myself they definitely help to make a longer run strictly because they’re more forgiving of mistakes. Somewhere on my way to 30 balls I’ll shoot a ball to center pocket but hit somewhere funny and just barely get in.

For world class players they rarely use the extra space by accident, the larger pockets give options that would be physically impossible on tighter tables. They have 3 options instead of 1, and that allows for higher runs but only if you’re good enough to actually take advantage of it.

Is it you DH?

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mmhmm.

The pocket size argument is a strange one in a way. To scrubs like myself they definitely help to make a longer run strictly because they’re more forgiving of mistakes. Somewhere on my way to 30 balls I’ll shoot a ball to center pocket but hit somewhere funny and just barely get in.

For world class players they rarely use the extra space by accident, the larger pockets give options that would be physically impossible on tighter tables. They have 3 options instead of 1, and that allows for higher runs but only if you’re good enough to actually take advantage of it.

Is it you DH?

Still tryna nail me? I'm just a fan with an opinion.

Yes. Playing the pockets is a genre unto itself. Semantically though, they simply allow higher numbers. I'm talking about tighter requirements; more precision. Skwoo the numbers.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Mmm..Yes indeed. I’ve got pages and pages of verbiage from known entities, my navy buddy is currently running your words through a computer progrum, were at 68% surety right now. We just need a few more samples.

Please tell me:

If we’re about to play Rock/Paper/Scissors - we get ready to throw out our fists for the first round, I stop you all of a sudden. I ask “who do you like better, Chuck Norris or Clint Eastwood” - What am I going to throw? I have planted an unshakable seed at this point and know what you will throw, how will I counter?

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mmm..Yes indeed. I’ve got pages and pages of verbiage from known entities, my navy buddy is currently running your words through a computer progrum, were at 68% surety right now. We just need a few more samples.

Please tell me:

If we’re about to play Rock/Paper/Scissors - we get ready to throw out our fists for the first round, I stop you all of a sudden. I ask “who do you like better, Chuck Norris or Clint Eastwood” - What am I going to throw? I have planted an unshakable seed at this point and know what you will throw, how will I counter?

Lost me...

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What's so dishonest about my post?

i really don't care if it's a con job. Like I said before 5" pockets is a deal breaker for me. Anybody care what the record for slamming ping pong balls out the front door is? All the to and fro and still no concrete facts. It's a little too much like those CTE threads.
Sure is nitty in the future.

Danny, @ leest ur riting stil iz ae litl bit beter.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Well I don’t wanna give up my secrets too often in case I find myself in a serious R P S competition with someone on here. I’ve got my mental tricks for the game. They work pretty well

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well I don’t wanna give up my secrets too often in case I find myself in a serious R P S competition with someone on here. I’ve got my mental tricks for the game. They work pretty well

: 'Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Me too...maybe if "The Rock" or George Plimpton" (bonus points if you get that reference) was one of the options

Sent from the future.

George Plimpton is suitably subtle. It could work quite well as misdirection in the right circles.

Dwayne the rock Johnson is a name you would not want to utter near an RPS competition unless you’re insane, obtuse, or don’t know which game plan to use so you throw a battering-ram into the face of your opponent, but you’re just as likely to trap yourself as them.

Johnny Depp is a name I’ll throw out there on occasion, or I’ll say “The gothy chick from fight club”. Duane Ludwig, this is the proper way to channel The Rock by the way. Michael Jackson or Madonna, = same results.

When A beats B, and B beats C, but C beats A!! Anything can happen at any time. It is truly one of the most diabolical and difficult forms of competition, but can be played anywhere by just about anyone with at least one hand and two fingers. And it solves all when reasonable people meet on the field of battle.

This thread just isn’t the same anymore. Thanks a lot BOB!! ;)

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you carefully read the previous posts in this thread -- all of them and don't just skim them -- clarity will be achieved.

I believe, I don't believe ad nauseum. No tanks.

Incidentally I accept your falling on legit. For me, the speed enhanced section needs closer scrutiny.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
I believe, I don't believe ad nauseum. No tanks.

Incidentally I accept your falling on legit. For me, the speed enhanced section needs closer scrutiny.
Pool at 2x speed is still like watching paint dry. I understand why it could be questioned...because it's Hail Mary time in the Danny camp.

Sent from the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.