New Becue Rebel Red and Case Full Review

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Here's the full review I've promised. This is the new Becue Rebel Red with the 5.1 M Shaft and leather case. It also has the Becue Core tip and I asked them to add a custom white ferrule spacer instead of the standard clear. It was about a 3 - 4 week delivery time, everything manufactured in Italy.

I'll review the cue here and the case a bit later. Here's the website:

https://www.becueofficial.com/

Shafts: Becue offers different shafts, the M in both 12mm and 12.5 mm and the 5.1M, which is mine. The 5.1 has a conical taper, not far off from a Predator "Z", whereas the Prime M are long pro tapers. I played with the Prime M 12 mm but didn't care for it. I prefer a stiffer, more solid shaft and the 5.1M is just that. If you like a long pro taper, I would first suggest the 12.5 Prime.

The cue: The shaft is carbon fiber, 11.8 mm tip (5.1M) with a straight conical taper. It is stiff but lively. The entire body of the cue and shaft is carbon fiber. The butt comes with the marbled red finish and it is available in different colors including a USA flag. This is even cooler looking in person. The points are actually a sparkling gold color - they call them "Lightning" and I can see why. Weight is 19 ounces standard and weights are available to change the weight (shown in the first picture).

Quality: Perfect. All machining is first class, impressive.

Playing: This is, by far, the best playing cue I've owned. It has a very solid hit, a real "thwack". The cue feels solid no matter what spin you're putting on the ball and the sound at impact is more like a bullwhip than a drum. Balance is perfect for me. The cue plays a bit lighter than it's 19 ounces since the weight tends to be rearward. The shaft weighs 4.20 ounces and the handle weighs 14.80 ounces.

Squirt - among the lowest I've experienced. I'll do a video a little later, but very little aim adjustment (if any) is needed on those difficult power follow inside shots. It's right there. In fact, the squirt is so low I have to re-program my aim to make less adjustment than I did over the original Becue shaft.

Tip: Its got the Becue core layered tip and I love it. It comes perfectly ready to play, no break in required. I had them add a white plate to the cue instead of the standard clear. I find it helps me sight the tip on the shot. I would equate the white against black to a gun sight having a red bead - it's gives you something to spot easily.

Options: The case is super soft leather. More on that later. Very cool joint protectors and two piece extension options. Weight options.

Cost:Around $1,000 for the cue, the extensions and J.P.'s are extra. The case is $400.

I've been with Becue since the beginning. It is so cool to see them progress. If I were retired, I would definitely try to become a dealer, just because I see what these guys are doing and I'm excited about it. Their stuff is made in Italy and it looks like it. Ferrari, Ducati, Alfa - sexy stuff that makes you passionate, designed with no compromises, no holds barred.

Make a package deal with Alessandro or just drop him a note and let him know we are pulling for Italy - their country is in a very black hour right now.

Contact Alessandro Bressan: alessandro.bressan@becueofficial.com

Yes, more to follow. Video tonight.

Attachments

• Cue jacket and case 2.jpg
    Cue jacket and case 2.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 1,022
  • Becue full cue a.jpg
    Becue full cue a.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 1,011
  • Ducati 3.jpg
    Ducati 3.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 977
  • Becue amd Ducati.jpg
    Becue amd Ducati.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 976
Last edited:

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Got this in from Alessandro at Becue after letting him know I loved my new cue:

I am very happy to hear it, is not an easy moment for our country but we continue to work and give our best. It's very important your support, especially in this moment, when work allows us to focus on happier things!

Thank you very much.
Alessandro

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Notice you didn't compare it to a Fiat....;)

Ha Ha, I guess I conveniently forgot about those!

I was in Italy a couple of times, but on my first self-drive trip to Italy in the early 1990's, we drove from Milan through the Alps to Como, Bellagio, Lugano, Verona and Venice in a tiny Fiat Punto. It was a gutless little stick but so much fun to drive on the tight mountain roads. Like the little Fiat 500 it was designed for those kinds of roads, not really great in the USA on our freeways. It handled great and I was then hooked on sticks and European cars after that. I remember being passed by Mercedes and BMW's on the autostrada, they must have been going 200 KM, me doing 80 KM trying to get out of their way scared half to death.

Attachments

• Fiat Punto.jpg
    Fiat Punto.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 770
Last edited:

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Sorry, just couldn't resist the Fiat post. :thumbup:

I've liked sticks and European cars a long time. The Mustang in my avatar was my first Detroit car after decades of Porsches. Kind of figured if I had to buy a water cooled car, might as well buy one that was always water cooled.

Good luck with the becue. And please be careful on that Duc. I enjoy your posts...

Last edited:

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
not a fan of CF, but I gotta say whatever they did to get that red to pop is pretty amazing, and the gold veneer makes it really pop. it does look pretty. you chose the best color.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have you experimented with the weight bolts, yet.

I think I have a 1/2 ounce bolt in mine now, but I'm not sure.

I've played with every combination, but, for some reason, I'm back down to lighter.

For those that don't know, the weight bolt system will allow you to adjust the weight from 19 to 21 ounces in 1/4 ounce increments. The cue, with no weights, is 19 ounces.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have you experimented with the weight bolts, yet.

I think I have a 1/2 ounce bolt in mine now, but I'm not sure.

I've played with every combination, but, for some reason, I'm back down to lighter.

For those that don't know, the weight bolt system will allow you to adjust the weight from 19 to 21 ounces in 1/4 ounce increments. The cue, with no weights, is 19 ounces.
Is 21oz as heavy as you can make it?

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Yes, 2 ounces maximum additional weight.

You can get two extensions as well. I bought the two piece extension, which can be used individually or together. The short extension adds 3 inches and 2.7 ounces, the long one adds 7 inches and 3.3 ounces. Together they add 10" and 6 ounces.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
not a fan of CF, but I gotta say whatever they did to get that red to pop is pretty amazing, and the gold veneer makes it really pop. it does look pretty. you chose the best color.

Thank you for the compliment on the looks. I think we're going to be seeing a whole new generation of cue looks. This is just a hint of what can be done.

Please reserve judgement on CF if you haven't tried this one. It's not like the Revo or Cuetech - this is a solid player with very low squirt. I consider it a significant step in the right direction. They are getting the feel and sound aspect right. It's very pleasant to the touch and ears, limited vibration.

This pretty much tells me that ultimate performance, feel and durability in one shaft are attainable. The manufacturers just need to keep them coming, listen to the players, tweak them here and there and each generation will continue to improve. I wholeheartedly recommend this exact package.

Last edited:

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wholeheartedly recommend this exact package.

FWIW, I don't think the playing/hit combination of the Becue shaft paired with the Becue butt can be attained by any brand carbon fiber shaft not paired with a carbon fiber butt.

I've tried several other carbon fiber shafts on various wood butts and they just aren't the same.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
FWIW, I don't think the playing/hit combination of the Becue shaft paired with the Becue butt can be attained by any brand carbon fiber shaft not paired with a carbon fiber butt.

I've tried several other carbon fiber shafts on various wood butts and they just aren't the same.

I'm probably going to pick up one extra shaft for the new cue and a Dark Matter break shaft for my other plain butt cue. I wouldn't mind trying the 12.5 Prime if i see one to try. I don't think I've ever been this excited about equipment.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm probably going to pick up one extra shaft for the new cue and a Dark Matter break shaft for my other plain butt cue. I wouldn't mind trying the 12.5 Prime if i see one to try. I don't think I've ever been this excited about equipment.

I would like to get a 12.5mm Prime, too.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
I had a prime m 12.0 and it had a lot of vibration in it on occasion. I would still rate it as 4th best of the 7 different brands I tried. However it was just the shaft on a different companies butt. You guys seem to be sold on the whole CF cue combo. I would like to try one this time without buying 1st. That's if I get to play at all again.