Center table shots - Easily recognize how to aim them

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Comparing it to pool though, her favorite musician and my favorite musician may both run a rack, but do it by any number of different ways. They may go three rails to get shape on the 4, while a simple stun shot would have sufficed. If they both ran the table, then why do you care how they did it?

If they both made the ball, why is it any of your concern what their preference was for making it?

Mike

Good point. The question I have is why hasn't this same line of thinking been applied to those who use CTE and those who belittle and rip the system apart as well as those who use it? I mean it is being used by a number of top pro players and amateur players in the US.

Is there be a double standard and possibly more moderation needed for those who post constant negative stuff about what CTE users do and have since your site was created?

C'mon Mike, lets be realistically fair here.

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can call it bullshit all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that when a player is "in the zone" they are performing from more of a subconscious automatic level than they are a deliberate conscious level.

Once a complex skill is learned and mastered, it is best performed without physically trying to perform it. It's a performance where your eyes act as a conductor leading an incredibly talented orchestra of musicians, each already knowing what needs to occur and how to make it happen. The only conscious process involved is the input provided by the conductor.

Playing Busty in the main room of the DCC this year, the first game he ran a seven, leaving his case ball very near his pocket.

The balls were in a favorable position but I had to make a long bank to start off. I made the bank and got position. Now, while I can tell every shot in the run, I can also tell you that my mind was a blank while I ran eight and out, except for the final shot. There was a ball on my side right close to the side pocket. I was a little out of line on the ball before and had to use the rake to go three rails for position and I left the CB a little short. And then for the first time I had a conscious thought: be sure to chalk up your tip well for this little pinch draw shot.

When you get in the zone, which I think we all aspire to do, you really do go into a state of semi-unconsciousness and you let you subconscious and muscle memory take over.

Lou Figueroa

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member

One of them actually posted in here once (typical lying know-it-all) that he'd been a "former center fielder" in baseball.:lmao:
A shrimp like him in the outfield would be comparable to a runt like me racing high speed motorcycles for the Ca$h around an oval track.

Ignorant people should really read a book sometime. I have never cared much for ignorance, or for envious people that always attempt to bring others down to their own level of submediocrity. Or for people that have already been proven liars, yet they are so pathetically dense that they can't stop themselves from looking or sounding like a fool. They can't stand that some people are actually creative, talented, eclectic, etc... Oh, and by the way....Willie Mays was only 5' 11", 1 inch taller than me, and is considered the all-time greatest center fielder. Of course I was no Willie Mays. I was just a good solid player in high school and senior league, and one season in college. Sort of like how you're a real good solid cheerleader here in the aiming forum....doesn't mean much.

Fact is, there are millions of very talented people in the world, and sadly there will always be those who just can't stand that because they have zero talent themselves. Most people, however, whether blessed with talent or not, do not live their lives continually belittling everyone that appears to be a little shinier than they are.

I believe you are intellectually challenged. So I am going to try to do better at not caring about your lies anymore. People aren't as foolish as you like to think they are.

And for the record, just to tickle your cynical envious inner self, check this out....

When I was 16, my mom was standing outside the door of an auditorium where all-county band tryouts were in progress, where hundreds of musicians played their hearts out every year to hopefully make the cut for all-county band. I made it every year, 1st chair snare drummer each time. Anyway, this particular year my mom had a little proud moment.

Two ladies were standing behind my mom, looking through the glass, watching my audition. One lady asked, "Is that your son?" My mom said yes. The lady then said, "He is very good... does he take lessons from Paul?" My mom had no idea who "Paul" was. She said, "No. He's never had a lesson, but he's given a few."

Low Joe, you can call that a lie too. I don't care.

I'm 52 now, and I've done so many things throughout my life. Whether it was baseball, tennis, chess, pool, guitar, piano, drums, the US Air Force, traveling musician, teacher, writer, husband, father, etc.... I've always tried to do my best, always respected others, and always had to deal with the jealous types who spend more time trying to bring other people down than they do actually trying to learn how do something themselves. :thumbup:

Last edited:

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Playing Busty in the main room of the DCC this year, the first game he ran a seven, leaving his case ball very near his pocket.

The balls were in a favorable position but I had to make a long bank to start off. I made the bank and got position. Now, while I can tell every shot in the run, I can also tell you that my mind was a blank while I ran eight and out, except for the final shot. There was a ball on my side right close to the side pocket. I was a little out of line on the ball before and had to use the rake to go three rails for position and I left the CB a little short. And then for the first time I had a conscious thought: be sure to chalk up your tip well for this little pinch draw shot.

When you get in the zone, which I think we all aspire to do, you really do go into a state of semi-unconsciousness and you let you subconscious and muscle memory take over.

Lou Figueroa

Yep. That's how it works. Extraordinary performance is not the result trying to perform. It is the result of letting loose enough to allow the performance to just happen.

Or everyone could believe like Low500, that what I'm saying is just a bunch of bs lies out of my own head. But I have about a dozen books to back up what I'm saying, all written by people who are much more in the know than the run-of-the-mill Joe when it comes to how the brain functions.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Fact is, there are millions of very talented people in the world, and sadly there will always be those who just can't stand that because they have zero talent themselves.

And for the record, just to tickle your envious inner self, check this out....

When I was 16, my mom was standing outside the door of an auditorium where all-county band tryouts were in progress, where hundreds of musicians played their hearts out every year to hopefully make the cut for all-county band. I made it every year, 1st chair snare drummer each time. Anyway, this particular year my mom had a little proud moment.

I've always tried to do my best, always respected others, and always had to ignore the jealous types who spend more time trying to bring other people down than they do actually trying to learn how do something themselves. :thumbup:

Sounds pretty harsh to me, Brian. Are you absolutely 100% certain he has no talent in something? Him jealous or envious? LMAO...I don't think so.

What would you do if you found out that he did have incredible talent...maybe apologize? What would it take on your part to be convinced?

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Sounds pretty harsh to me, Brian. Are you absolutely 100% certain he has no talent in something? Him jealous or envious? LMAO...I don't think so.

What would you do if you found out that he did have incredible talent...maybe apologize? What would it take on your part to be convinced?

You're right...."zero" talent was probably the wrong word to use. LIMITED or NARROWED would've been more appropriate. He probably sings and plays a harmonica. That's talent. I respect that. But it seems his best talents are cheerleading for CTE, lying about himself and about me, and accusing other talented people of lying about their own talents. Lol.

So why would I ever apologize to such a person? All he does his run his mouth about me every chance he gets, for whatever reason. I don't associate with those types of people. I don't care for them. I don't understand them. He's like the idiots that get mad at better pool players who are more skilled and run out most of the time. I've had guys wanna fight over it. That's just stupid. Common statement is, "I bet you think you're a regular Minnesota Fats don't ya buddy?"

Hell, one night several years ago, back when I was playing in a metal band, I was at the bar on a set break when some dude came up and bumped into me, on purpose. I ignored him, but it was obvious he didn't want to be ignored. I was just sitting there, minding my business, drinking my beer. He said something like, "You think you own this place?" I said no. And I sure as hell wasn't acting like it either. But it didn't matter. He just wanted me to know that HE owned the place. He was the regular and I was not. He told me that I wasn't "all that", that better bands come in all the time and I wasn't worth a shit, that everybody in the place knows he's the best guitar player around. Just saying that let me know right there how full of it this guy was. No good musician I ever knew would make a statement like that.

Those types are everywhere, mouthy guys who's jealousy or inferiority complex has them lashing out to belittle anyone that threatens their own inadequacies or cynical beliefs. These are the chest pounding types that cause trouble anytime they feel threatened, like when a good looking and well dressed man walks into a bar, and a couple of homely looking dudes stare at him, hoping he has the balls to ask what they're looking at. They plan on whooping this man's ass simply because he's more attractive than they are. Lol. That's stupid, but it happens.

Here in the aiming forum it's not a physical ass whoopin. It's a challenge....like, "oh yeah? I bet you can't beat my instructor! I bet you can't beat any of these pro players! Let's see how good you think you are!" Lol. It's funny, but it's also pathetic. At least those losers in a bar looking to fight anybody for the stupid thing actually step up to the plate themselves. They don't defer to someone else or designate a pinch hitter.

Last edited:

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here in the aiming forum it's not a physical ass whoopin.

Actually our friend Low Joe is recommending that people assault one of the "Dan White posse" in two recent threads. Doesn't seem to be a big deal to anybody as those posts still stand.

Oh, BTW, you're late on your posse monthly dues, Brian. :wink:

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Actually our friend Low Joe is recommending that people assault one of the "Dan White posse" in two recent threads. Doesn't seem to be a big deal to anybody as those posts still stand.

Oh, BTW, you're late on your posse monthly dues, Brian. :wink:

Ah yes, but Low is insignificant. His words have been proven false too many times to be taken seriously. He's a cheerleader, not a player. And though cheerleaders serve a purpose, they aren't as influential as the players themselves.

Concerning my posse dues...check's in the mail.:wink:

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SpiderMan….
Are you still arguing with that guy?
Put him on ignore, dismiss him, and enjoy life here in the pool forum.
Post some more of Stan's videos so I can comment on them, my man. I like those things. :thumbup:
Regards,
P.L.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
SpiderMan….
Are you still arguing with that guy?
Put him on ignore, dismiss him, and enjoy life here in the pool forum.
Post some more of Stan's videos so I can comment on them, my man. I like those things. :thumbup:
Regards,
P.L.
Yes, he is .
And don't pretend you can't see it .
If you don't log-in, you can read everything .
Spidey already said ignore did not work for him.
If it does now, great .
Put me in that list too.
And this is BC's thread.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yep. That's how it works. Extraordinary performance is not the result trying to perform. It is the result of letting loose enough to allow the performance to just happen.

So if i'm practicing and playing with TOI and suddenly click into 'The Zone" does my sub conscience then stop using TOI because i'm now just allowing that performance to happen?

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
So if i'm practicing and playing with TOI and suddenly click into 'The Zone" does my sub conscience then stop using TOI because i'm now just allowing that performance to happen?

Why didn't I think of that, but yes, according to the "IN THE ZONERS".

It's ALL auto pilot until you're pulling money out of the pocket to pay off the bet because you realize somebody was in a deeper and better zone than you were.

The winners zone focusing on TOI to accurately make balls go into the pockets and float the CB effortlessly for the next few shots. You can't get sloppy with TOI by extending the "T" which can easily happen if NOT focused and careful.

Then you're bringing squirt into the picture with adjustments and out of the zone.

According to the "zoners", once in it you can never lose because you never miss.

"My Zone Is Bigger And Better Than Your Zone Is, Cookie"

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Ah yes, but Low is insignificant. He's a cheerleader, not a player. And though cheerleaders serve a purpose, they aren't as influential as the players themselves.

And you know that because....

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Yes, he is .
And don't pretend you can't see it .
If you don't log-in, you can read everything .

Spidey already said ignore did not work for him.
If it does now, great .
Put me in that list too.
And this is BC's thread.

It works if you log in elsewhere before going into the Aiming Quicksand.

Why don't YOU put all of US on Ignore. How's that for a novel idea?

My threads never stopped the FAB 5 from coming in to destroy it so who cares.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member

Or everyone could believe like Low500, that what I'm saying is just a bunch of bs lies out of my own head. But I have about a dozen books to back up what I'm saying, all written by people who are much more in the know than the run-of-the-mill Joe when it comes to how the brain functions.

I saw Lou's post about supposedly being in the zone because you quoted it.

What happened to the zone right after that game when he lost the match?

Was Busty's zone bigger and deeper than his or was it pure talent, knowledge, and experience? Maybe Busty focused specifically on certain things.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
You're right...."zero" talent was probably the wrong word to use. LIMITED or NARROWED would've been more appropriate.

How little you know...totally clueless.

So why would I ever apologize to such a person? All he does his run his mouth about me every chance he gets, for whatever reason.

How do you think we feel when it comes to a select few people who have been running their mouths about CTE, Hal, Stan, players who use it, every chance they get for whatever reason FOR 22 FRIGGIN' YEARS!!

You don't think THAT IS SICK? WAKE UP! It's not all about YOU.

I don't associate with those types of people. I don't care for them. I don't understand them. He's like the idiots that get mad at better pool players who are more skilled and run out most of the time. I've had guys wanna fight over it. That's just stupid. Common statement is, "I bet you think you're a regular Minnesota Fats don't ya buddy?"

Sounds like you live on the wrong side of the tracks to begin with.

Hell, one night several years ago, back when I was playing in a metal band, I was at the bar on a set break when some dude came up and bumped into me, on purpose. I ignored him, but it was obvious he didn't want to be ignored. I was just sitting there, minding my business, drinking my beer. He said something like, "You think you own this place?" I said no. And I sure as hell wasn't acting like it either. But it didn't matter. He just wanted me to know that HE owned the place. He was the regular and I was not. He told me that I wasn't "all that", that better bands come in all the time and I wasn't worth a shit, that everybody in the place knows he's the best guitar player around. Just saying that let me know right there how full of it this guy was. No good musician I ever knew would make a statement like that.

Those types are everywhere, mouthy guys who's jealousy or inferiority complex has them lashing out to belittle anyone that threatens their own inadequacies or cynical beliefs. These are the chest pounding types that cause trouble anytime they feel threatened,

I completely understand. Sounds exactly like CTE haters and attackers. Each of the FAB 5 fits the description.

Here in the aiming forum it's not a physical ass whoopin. It's a challenge....like, "oh yeah? I bet you can't beat my instructor! I bet you can't beat any of these pro players! Let's see how good you think you are!" Lol. It's funny, but it's also pathetic. At least those losers in a bar looking to fight anybody for the stupid thing actually step up to the plate themselves. They don't defer to someone else or designate a pinch hitter.

And your reason for coming in here daily multiple times per day is because...?

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member

All aiming methods rely on experience to enhance/improve accuracy and consistency. In other words, using any set of instructions to perform any hand-eye coordination task, with enough practice the brain eventually develops the required muscle memory and synaptic connections needed to perform the task flawlessly with just a little input from the working conscious area of the mind.

From what I've read, the absolute best performances for athletes, musicians, artists, etc.... occur when "in the zone", when all you're consciously doing is seeing or realizing what needs to happen and then doing it automatically with very minimal, if any, concious/purpose effort. The senses trigger a developed/trained skill, and it runs automatically like a computer program called upon when the proper input is entered.

The TOI example is no different than anything else that requires the development of individual fine tuning in order to make something work consistently. The final result, once the method is learned and perfected, is actually a mix of short-term/"working" memory and long-term stored memory, where we are consciously following instructions/steps and subconsciously fine tuning when needed.

A person can perform very well in this combined state, like a great piano player sight reading a piece of music for the first time. They may or may not make any mistakes in the performance. But once the piano players plays that piece several hundred times they are no longer looking at the sheet music, which means the amount of conscious effort involved is much less, if any at times, and as a result they can easily find themselves playing in the zone. At this level the sheet music is no longer being used, just like a road map is no longer used for the routes you've traveled hundreds of times.

It's a little different with pool, where quite a bit of subjectivity is involved. Aiming methods first require conscious/deliberate effort to learn. Due to differences in visual acuity, visual perception, muscle memory, feel, cue deflection, stroke, etc... we each fine tune our method to make it work more consistently. We use our experience (our long-term memory) combined with real-time inputs that get used/analyzed in working/short-term memory. And the result is a mix of conscious effort and subconscience performance. Trying to consciously perform a task that is best performed at the subconscious level results in less than optimal performance.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
It works if you log in elsewhere before going into the Aiming Quicksand.

Why don't YOU put all of US on Ignore. How's that for a novel idea?

My threads never stopped the FAB 5 from coming in to destroy it so who cares.

Your threads die out very quickly unless you can get those flames started up. In fact, if it weren't for the "FAB 5", your daily CTE video threads would get just a few views and 3 or 4 comments.... the first of course from the #1 cheerleader, Low Joe. Then Duckie with his standard reply, "balls don't have edges", than maybe one or two more.

And so here you are polluting this thread, which has nothing to do with CTE. How about following your advice and move along.

Back to the top, as you would say....

This is for players that use or might be interested in using fractional aiming or halfball shot references.

》》》》》》Here is video explaining it..... https://youtu.be/Imaj5BzHlBU