Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes sir! A very nice Brunswick Anniversary (Mod DC). What a bargain that would be to get that for 750. The pocket castings alone are worth that. It looks to still have it’s original maroon pocket liners to. Great find!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

runout1961

Ecclesiastes Ch. 12: 1-7
Silver Member
Yes sir! A very nice Brunswick Anniversary (Mod DC). What a bargain that would be to get that for 750. The pocket castings alone are worth that. It looks to still have it’s original maroon pocket liners to. Great find!

Negotiated the price down to $500. That’s what she’s willing to take for it. And yeah the maroon pocket liners are still there. I knew I wasn’t crazy lol. I think this is one of those special finds that I absolutely have to jump on.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Negotiated the price down to $500. That’s what she’s willing to take for it. And yeah the maroon pocket liners are still there. I knew I wasn’t crazy lol. I think this is one of those special finds that I absolutely have to jump on.

With it being an 8' table, it's probably worth that in parts. Beautiful specimen, but the resale on them is terrible

runout1961

Ecclesiastes Ch. 12: 1-7
Silver Member
With it being an 8' table, it's probably worth that in parts. Beautiful specimen, but the resale on them is terrible

I get that. Don’t have a table right now. Can only fit an 8’ in the new house. Figured for the price, I can’t lose. However, like you said, resale is terrible. Wouldn’t plan on selling this one. I’d probably have this one for quite a while. But we all know how that goes. And a six hour drive one way is kind of crazy too when I haven’t even seen it yet. Could be flood damage that they forgot to tell me about or could be opening a can of worms when I go to take it apart etc. Have to think about this one some more.

The lady I’m in contact with is facilitating the deal for her friend who recently got divorced and getting rid of a lot of the ex hubby’s things. She literally used the “ugly pool table in the basement” line in our messages. Too funny.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes it is an anniversary- my son just bought a very nice one in perfect condition- 9 foot- $2800 included the billiard chairs (2) light, wall rack, Centennial balls, and $1,000 worth of quality two piece cues that we will resell- ( Adam Corsair cue, Meucci HOF2, Mali Green Label, Biagio Joss and 3X6 original mint Proper case) I think he got a great deal on that in NY.

decent dennis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes it is an anniversary- my son just bought a very nice one in perfect condition- 9 foot- $2800 included the billiard chairs (2) light, wall rack, Centennial balls, and $1,000 worth of quality two piece cues that we will resell- ( Adam Corsair cue, Meucci HOF2, Mali Green Label, Biagio Joss and 3X6 original mint Proper case) I think he got a great deal on that in NY.

That was a heck of a deal!

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
I sell them restored for $8k :) I think the resale price is great! Restoration required of course :)
This is a deal you got handed from the pool table spirits!!!

TFT

I get that. Don’t have a table right now. Can only fit an 8’ in the new house. Figured for the price, I can’t lose. However, like you said, resale is terrible. Wouldn’t plan on selling this one. I’d probably have this one for quite a while. But we all know how that goes. And a six hour drive one way is kind of crazy too when I haven’t even seen it yet. Could be flood damage that they forgot to tell me about or could be opening a can of worms when I go to take it apart etc. Have to think about this one some more.

The lady I’m in contact with is facilitating the deal for her friend who recently got divorced and getting rid of a lot of the ex hubby’s things. She literally used the “ugly pool table in the basement” line in our messages. Too funny.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great find! Did you have her measure it? To my eye, it looks like a 9' table but I could be wrong.

Bic D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great find! Did you have her measure it? To my eye, it looks like a 9' table but I could be wrong.

I thought it was a 9ft as well.

Regardless, great find and don't forget the light, 3 pool sticks and the men's size 10.5 loafers.

Seriously though, if she's getting rid of her hubby's things, you might come across some other items.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member

Who told you that was an 8' table? Just looking at the pics and the relationship of the balls to the table it looks more like a 9' table to me. Maybe they measured it from the inside of the cushions (the playing surface) and thought that was the correct size of the table. Make sure you get those cues that are stacked by the bookcase and any other cues she has.

7stud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why is resale poor? Because it's an 8 footer?

How does a Brunswick Anniversary compare to a Gold Crown IV?

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
...snip...

The dude was probably happy to bail, even though he left the table behind, ha ha.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
you need to cement the deal with the owner as well. you may find you drive 6 hours and she changed her mind or gave it away to a friend. then have to drive 6 hours back.