At the end of an 8 ball game do you feel cheated?

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I am curious does anyone else feel cheated when they get done playing 8 ball on a coin op table and there are still balls on the table? It feels like I paid for the game I should be able to shoot all the balls in the holes before the next game so I got my money worth. Even if they are my opponents balls I still feels cheated.

Anyone else feel this way?

Thanks

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I am curious does anyone else feel cheated when they get done playing 8 ball on a coin op table and there are still balls on the table? It feels like I paid for the game I should be able to shoot all the balls in the holes before the next game so I got my money worth. Even if they are my opponents balls I still feels cheated.

Thanks

Just play in poolrooms where they charge by the hour.
What you do with your time is your choice not the tables choice.

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just play in poolrooms where they charge by the hour.
What you do with your time is your choice not the tables choice.

No league uses the few rental tables we have at the 1 pool hall we have. Also depending on the day of the week and hour of the day I am forced to play coin op because the pool hall is not open. But I will ask next league night If I can shoot the balls that are left on the table. Lets see how that goes over lol.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
I've never felt "cheated". But I will say that I find it hard to understand how two players can finish a game, leaving 4 or 5 balls on the table, and no one else is in the place or up to play, and neither of these two players shoots the remaining balls in. I guess their love for the game is nowhere near mine. I can't tell you how many times I've ran those last few balls out with whatever housecue was left on the table after two ball bangers walked off and abandoned the table after playing a game. I'd think...Free practice! Lol

skankhammer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No league uses the few rental tables we have at the 1 pool hall we have. Also depending on the day of the week and hour of the day I am forced to play coin op because the pool hall is not open. But I will ask next league night If I can shoot the balls that are left on the table. Lets see how that goes over lol.

So, you want to hold up league play so you can shoot the left over balls in?😂😂😂.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
So I am curious, you complain league night takes too long, yet you are going to drag it out even longer for everyone else following you?

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks

I find as I get older , that I feel cheated at many things, if we have 4 pork chops for dinner, my grandson usually gets the extra one, and if he doesn't my wife does. I just can't eat as fast as I once did.
Same thing with the ice cream, by the time I get to it, it's pretty watery and all the toppings are gone.
I don't play 8 ball , I think it is a goofy game , and I don't play in bars , because I don't drink and there is nothing worse than a loud mouthed drunk on a pool table.
It seems like many things bother you, that most people don't even pay attention to, I am wondering if you might not want to take up badminton or some other sport a little less stressful. Have a wonderful day.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've never felt "cheated". But I will say that I find it hard to understand how two players can finish a game, leaving 4 or 5 balls on the table, and no one else is in the place or up to play, and neither of these two players shoots the remaining balls in. I guess their love for the game is nowhere near mine. I can't tell you how many times I've ran those last few balls out with whatever housecue was left on the table after two ball bangers walked off and abandoned the table after playing a game. I'd think...Free practice! Lol

I'm one of those if the case ball is conceded, I'll shoot it. This is more to complete the game aesthetically than anything else but there's a continuity aspect to pocketing your money ball and not just the cash. If the game is 8 ball, I will pocket the remaining balls as well. Absolutely; free practice. :D

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You have come up with some weird views concernng pool but i must say this is the weirdest yet.

Thanks

I can't understand it either. I have played a few games for free at bars. Everytime I go to a bar I always check to see if anyone left any coins in the coin shoot and also press the button to see if there are any games credited. I have gotten 4 free games at one place before and a few free games at other places. The only thing I can think is people play pool then they either get too drunk and thrown out or it is closing time and get thrown out.

So, you want to hold up league play so you can shoot the left over balls in?😂😂😂.

I can at least ask. It never hurts to ask.

So I am curious, you complain league night takes too long, yet you are going to drag it out even longer for everyone else following you?

Because I am doing it it wont seem as long to me. lol

I find as I get older , that I feel cheated at many things, if we have 4 pork chops for dinner, my grandson usually gets the extra one, and if he doesn't my wife does. I just can't eat as fast as I once did.
Same thing with the ice cream, by the time I get to it, it's pretty watery and all the toppings are gone.
I don't play 8 ball , I think it is a goofy game , and I don't play in bars , because I don't drink and there is nothing worse than a loud mouthed drunk on a pool table.
It seems like many things bother you, that most people don't even pay attention to, I am wondering if you might not want to take up badminton or some other sport a little less stressful. Have a wonderful day.

I need more excitement not less. I am working on a pool game where before every shot you must spin around 5 times in a spiny chair.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you think that's bad try 3 cushion billiards. The balls never leave the table.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks
Some price conscious players choose to play nine ball followed by a game of six ball or vice a versa, with the remaining unused balls after the first game is completed, when playing on a coin up table, just to get their their money’s worth.

Or, if no one is waiting to play winner, you can take whatever number of balls are left after the completion of the 8-ball game, and play a short game of rotational pool - 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7 ball.

Last edited: