Where's Glen Hancock (Therealkingcobra)?!?

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
Hard to believe that there are 68 pages so far of people commenting here, most who really have no business in the matter. People who dont actually know god's honest truth here comment over and over about what they think they know. Its a slippery slope because you can easily make yourself sound like an idiot by commenting on something that you do not know facts about. He said and she said are not facts, just simple hearsay. I will sit idly by and watch everyone comment who for the most part have no business being involved.

Not hard to believe at all.

It's a discussion forum.

I just read and comment on it because the opportunity is here for me to do so. I'm just trying to wrap my head around this incredulous thread. I don't think I'll ever need Glen's expertise on pool tables, but just in case, it wouldn't bother me knowing the facts in this case. But it is pretty apparent that we will never know the whole truth and that's okay by me.

I still reserve my right to free speech on a discussion forum, thank you.

Maniac

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
doesnt make sense in relation to the events as they unfoled.
i always felt glen was a lousy business person and didnt care about his time line but was honest.
when this happened and he never responded i changed my mind. if proof of this new side of the story is there, i go for it until then i believe the original op

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
doesnt make sense in relation to the events as they unfoled.
i always felt glen was a lousy business person and didnt care about his time line but was honest.
when this happened and he never responded i changed my mind. if proof of this new side of the story is there, i go for it until then i believe the original op

I got you, so let's put this in context. It costs $126 to file for small claims court (in my state) and as a result papers are served and you must appear.

The loser pays the fees of the other party. You get an impartial judge.

So why go into he said, she said when its easy enough to do that?

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
Blah, blah, its only glens fault, blah, blah. When you fall for it, its not anyone's fault but yours.
It was business outside of Az no one's but business but theirs, putting it out here well you see the results.

I'm not blaming anybody what with the rise of this new information. You may not have noticed, but were a couple of "ifs" in my post you quoted. Somebody is at fault here. Either Glen is a crooked individual or the OP flat-out lied to us with his original story to garner sympathy and support because of his dick move.

The truth may be somewhere in between....or not.

Once again, this topic was brought to our attention by a registered member of AZB, on a discussion forum that we as members have the right to know when there are shady goings-on inside of our community. So, in essence it IS our business. If we get down to the truth of the matter, we could very well make decisions on table repair with better understanding of who's legit and who isn't.

Besides that......YOU yourself are commenting on this thread also. How is it any of YOUR business?

Just sayin'.

Maniac

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
I know Glen personally and I don't like the rail road job he had done on him but I also respect his decision to not come back here because of the attack mentality here.

I was concerned that Glen had screwed this man over and messaged that guy and told him I knew Glen well and told him in conversation that if Glen did him wrong then take him to small claims and be done with it. This was early on in the life of this thread and not only did the OP not do that but he ended up getting tons of sympathy and a load of free rails. I never mentioned it to Glen but eventually the subject came up and more was found out and apparently others knew too.

Having worked in the prison system I've seen a lot of techniques used for a con and this is just one of them. Cons always fall apart eventually. Short term not so much.

I know Glen to be brash and a thorny pear sometimes but never a liar. I've also seen others get a similar treatment here when the crowd turns on them on account of something misunderstood or kinda stupid.

I thought this thread was done but it just goes on and on and on and this morning I decided enough was enough.

At least the truth should be known and its my only interest. Glen is one of the good guys but he's getting a bad rap over this and its unjustified.

I have no idea if Glen will ever come back but he says hell no. This was between he and the OP but that was a Dick move by the OP when he knew what move to take to get it fixed but preferred to take it here because he's also in the wrong and no judge in the land would find for him.

I hope the guy that made the dudes rails isn't pissed.

He has probably hurt Glen's business and could be held liable as well.

If you won't take it to court, "when you say you're in the right and a victim," something smells wrong in my opinion.

I'm not blaming anybody what with the rise of this new information. You may not have noticed, but were a couple of "ifs" in my post you quoted. Somebody is at fault here. Either Glen is a crooked individual or the OP flat-out lied to us with his original story to garner sympathy and support because of his dick move.

The truth may be somewhere in between....or not.

Once again, this topic was brought to our attention by a registered member of AZB, on a discussion forum that we as members have the right to know when there are shady goings-on inside of our community. So, in essence it IS our business. If we get down to the truth of the matter, we could very well make decisions on table repair with better understanding of who's legit and who isn't.

Besides that......YOU yourself are commenting on this thread also. How is it any of YOUR business?

Just sayin'.

Maniac

Last edited:

skankhammer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know Glen personally and I don't like the rail road job he had done on him but I also respect his decision to not come back here because of the attack mentality here.

I was concerned that Glen had screwed this man over and messaged that guy and told him in conversation that if Glen did him wrong then take him to small claims and be done with it. This was early on in the life of this thread and not only did the OP not do that but he ended up getting tons of sympathy and a load of free rails. I never mentioned it to Glen but eventually the subject came up and more was found out and apparently others knew too.

Having worked in the prison system I've seen a lot of techniques used for a con and this is just one of them. Cons always fall apart eventually. Short term not so much.

I know Glen to be brash and a thorny pear sometimes but never a liar. I've also seen others get a similar treatment here when the crowd turns on them on account of something misunderstood or kinda stupid.

I thought this thread was done but it just goes on and on and on and this morning I decided enough was enough.

At least the truth should be known.

I have no idea if Glen will ever come back but he says hell no. This was between he and the OP but that was a Dick move by the OP when he knew what move to take to get it fixed but preferred to take it here because he's also in the wrong and no judge in the land would find for him.

I hope the guy that made the dudes rails isn't pissed.

If you won't take it to court, "when you say you're in the right and a victim," something smells wrong in my opinion.
Well if You decided “enough was enough “ then that should settle the matter.

magnetardo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The rest of the story is self explanatory if you think about it. The dude wanted his money back and his rails and Glen had already done most of the work, not to mention a lot of travel.
So he comes here wanting sympathy and got it and then makes his best attempt at destroying Glens reputation. After someone does something like that, the gloves are off. He waited a long
time to get someone to give him some rails and he deserved it for crawfishing on his deal in the middle of an agreement. There was an agreement in writing. Glen wrote it and handed it to him
with only one copy. If you hire someone and agree to pay and wait until work has started and offer no compensation for said work, what should you expect from the provider? I guess everyone
needs to learn a lesson, he got one but what did Glen get? What did the guy that built his free rails get?

What did Glen get? $1,750 and a set of rails??

7stud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This was between he and the OP but that was a Dick move by the OP when he knew what move to take to get it fixed but preferred to take it here
Isn't this Glen's home court?

hope the guy that made the dudes rails isn't pissed.
Some mechanic hear's a sob story on the internet, and out of the kindness of his heart the mechanic sends the poor sob some free rails, and suddenly the kindly mechanic becomes the perp? Based on your facts, isn't the kindly mechanic a victim of a con just like the rest of us?

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
It will be interesting to hear the o.p. Address these new details???

Tft

isn't this glen's home court?

Some mechanic hear's a sob story on the internet, and out of the kindness of his heart the mechanic sends the poor sob some free rails, and suddenly the kindly mechanic becomes the perp? Based on your facts, isn't the kindly mechanic a victim of a con just like the rest of us?

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member

Some mechanic hear's a sob story on the internet, and out of the kindness of his heart the mechanic sends the poor sob some free rails, and suddenly the kindly mechanic becomes the perp?
Based on your facts, isn't the kindly mechanic a victim of a con just like the rest of us?

That's the way I see it.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
my math

According to my math:

The OP got a brand new set of rails, 100% no charge from the man that made them.

Glen got $1750 and a set of rails of dubious value.

We got some cheap entertainment of equally dubious value but it ain't like we bought tickets to this dog and pony show.

The only person I see on the short end of this dealing is the man that made and donated a set of rails. He no doubt got a lot of satisfaction from doing it and maybe enough good will to translate into a cash profit although I don't mean to hint for a minute that this was a goal when he took on the project.

I think it is about time for the OP's doorbell to ring and glen to be standing there trying to peddle the OP his own rails back. If he does we could double the thread post count!

Hu

magnetardo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
According to my math:

The OP got a brand new set of rails, 100% no charge from the man that made them.

Glen got $1750 and a set of rails of dubious value.

We got some cheap entertainment of equally dubious value but it ain't like we bought tickets to this dog and pony show.

The only person I see on the short end of this dealing is the man that made and donated a set of rails. He no doubt got a lot of satisfaction from doing it and maybe enough good will to translate into a cash profit although I don't mean to hint for a minute that this was a goal when he took on the project.

I think it is about time for the OP's doorbell to ring and glen to be standing there trying to peddle the OP his own rails back. If he does we could double the thread post count!

Hu

To.be 100% fair Jerimy Chambers (the mechanic who built the rails for the op) received several generous donations from some of the fine AZ members here. Nowhere close to what he would normally charge but he was extremely grateful. He in no way was hawking for work as he is constantly swamped with work, he just wanted to right a wrong that was done as he is a solid quality individual.

PoloBob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know Glen personally and I don't like the rail road job he had done on him but I also respect his decision to not come back here because of the attack mentality here. If I were Glen, I wouldn't want to return either.

I was concerned that Glen had screwed this man over and messaged that guy and told him I knew Glen well and told him in conversation that if Glen did him wrong then take him to small claims and be done with it. This was early on in the life of this thread and not only did the OP not do that but he ended up getting tons of sympathy and a load of free rails. I never mentioned it to Glen but eventually the subject came up and more was found out and apparently others knew too. If you were concerned that Glen screwed this man over, why would you contact the OP straight away rather than Glen? That just doesn't make sense to me.

I thought this thread was done but it just goes on and on and on and this morning I decided enough was enough. Until everything is made right by all parts, I don't think the thread should be done.

At least the truth should be known and its my only interest. Glen is one of the good guys but he's getting a bad rap over this and its unjustified. I disagree. I don't believe Glen is getting a bad rap because of this. I feel this is only adding to his already poor reputation on AZ.

I have no idea if Glen will ever come back but he says hell no. This was between he and the OP but that was a Dick move by the OP when he knew what move to take to get it fixed but preferred to take it here because he's also in the wrong and no judge in the land would find for him. The OP shouldn't have been the one to be forced to make a move to make the situation right. Glen should have squared it away without question.

I hope the guy that made the dudes rails isn't pissed. Agreed, but hopefully the good faith will be returned to him in the future.

Hopefully all of this will eventually be resolved.

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
Hopefully all of this will eventually be resolved.

Glen owes this man nothing except what they agreed on. Especially after he crawfished and then took it public. I don't have any doubt about Glen's honesty, none whatsoever.
I think its tragic that one man's shortcomings have ended up affecting several people. When you strike a deal you go through with it or make it right if you back out. To my knowledge he had
no desire to make anything right but he was ok appealing to the forum. That is messed up on several levels.

Last edited:

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Oh S H I T, is it me or did it get REAL QUIET UP IN THIS MOTHER F U C K E R OR WHAT??????

TFT

Glen owes this man nothing except what they agreed on. Especially after he crawfished and then took it public. I don't have any doubt about Glen's honesty, none whatsoever.
I think its tragic that one man's shortcomings have ended up affecting several people. When you strike a deal you go through with it or make it right if you back out. To my knowledge he had
no desire to make anything right but he was ok appealing to the forum. That is messed up on several levels.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member

Well if Glen did as promised weather it was in writing, or just on a hand shake, non of this would have become such a long threads.

I use to work with & for people I never met in person, they were a voice on the phone. In 30 years I had three or four bad experences.

Not a bad record, the ones who burned me, I never work with or for again. I just would say when they called again. NOT AVAILABLE.

Word of mouth is the best advertising, it is cheap, or free. I have seen a lot of photos Glen post of Table CPR, he work appears to be really great.

7stud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh S H I T, is it me or did it get REAL QUIET UP IN THIS MOTHER F U C K E R OR WHAT??????

TFT
There was a Snake and Horse sitting at the river's edge, and the Snake turned to the Horse and asked if he might be able to climb aboard the horse's broad back for a ride across the river. The Horse replied in astonishment, "You will bite me, and then I will drown in the middle of the river." The snake replied, "Please Mr. Horse, I need to get to the other side. If I bite you, then I will drown in the middle of the river, too. The Horse contemplated the Snake for a moment and with trepidation stammered "Okay." The Horse bent a knee, and the Snake slithered up onto the Horse's back. Then the Horse waded out into the water, and soon the Horse was swimming across the deep channel. Suddenly, the Horse felt a sting upon his neck. As the Horse succumbed to the Snake's venom, the Horse cried out, "Why did you bite me??!" The Snake hissed, "It's my nature!"

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This isn’t the first time an issue like this came up. I remember there was a problem years back, took the rails and the cash and the guy was on here asking for his rails back. I think they finally got it resolved, but it took a long time.

Not sure how you have all the answers, but there’s enough history in his dealings to cause a reasonable person some concern. I don’t want to get snake-bit, there’s plenty of other mechanics out there.