Photos of tables for felt color decision

Rye_a

Registered
I just picked up a beautiful Gold Crown IV with Tournament Blue Simonis felt which my wife informed me is not going to work. We are leaning towards replacing the felt with one of the Simonis green colors or alternatively Mocha or Slate. Any chance you can share photos of your tables and let me know which Simonis or Championship felt colors you chose?

My apologies if this is a duplicate thread, but I couldn't find anything similar with a search.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Besides what 7 stud said you might not even have the table very long if it strikes her fancy that maybe a couple exercise machines would look better there. No blue ones of course.

Geosnooker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have snooker tournament green on my Snooker table. Also a green on my Pool table.

I like greens. However, I would defer to my wife if the cloth needed replacing. I‘d present it like ‘green or blue’ rather than open ended.

My criteria would be based on what colours ‘’not’’ to get for technical reasons...red, black, dark brown, etc. I don’t notice any playing difference on green, blue, tan, grey...rather defer the aesthetics to my wife. If she wants me to wear a blue shirt...I wear a blue shirt. I don’t care. Easier to give on the little things in life.

Last edited:

Korsakoff

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Check with Simonis and see if they will provide complimentary samples or low-cost squares. Show them to the wife and let her pick it out. If it's not Blue or Green (and really, even then) get a 5000K light so you can clearly see the balls.

The best way to get buy-in on a change is to bring in the nay-sayers to help make the decision.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Check with Simonis and see if they will provide complimentary samples or low-cost squares. Show them to the wife and let her pick it out. If it's not Blue or Green (and really, even then) get a 5000K light so you can clearly see the balls.

The best way to get buy-in on a change is to bring in the nay-sayers to help make the decision.
Make sure you avoid any of the darker colors, as the balls won’t show up very well, but the burn marks will. also stay away from any of the red tone colors – too bright. The brighter greens or tan/camel would be your best choice for a good color cloth to play on, if tournament blue is out of the question.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Such a shame.

I also have a gc4... they look great with blue cloth.

Is there no chance she can be swayed?

Any colors other than blue/ green are like jogging in boots. Yeah, it can be done, but why?

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just picked up a beautiful Gold Crown IV with Tournament Blue Simonis felt which my wife informed me is not going to work. We are leaning towards replacing the felt with one of the Simonis green colors or alternatively Mocha or Slate. Any chance you can share photos of your tables and let me know which Simonis or Championship felt colors you chose?

My apologies if this is a duplicate thread, but I couldn't find anything similar with a search.

After seeing the tournament blue colors the standard green stuff looks a bit cheap to my eyes now. If you are looking at things like Mocha, the Camel color that the pro circuit used for a while may be good, the players have said they did not have issues with playing on that color cloth. Looks like this on a table

34A428B7-28F2-4999-BFF2-846AE70221FB.jpeg

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
Certain colors are hard on the eyes for long play or even worse for the contrast of the ball colors.

Pick a color you like and if you need to request swatches from the companies to see what you think you can tolerate.

cjr3559

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Simonis Green 860HR on a GC5.

Attachments

• 2577A043-E5D0-4145-9C91-2FBE6D602915.jpg
    2577A043-E5D0-4145-9C91-2FBE6D602915.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 487

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've checked into it, but replacing the felt appears to be less expensive.

Like many things, you get what you pay for. Have her pick out a nice leather cover for it and tell her to STFU. In a nice way of course.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member

Just curious, what's wrong with Tournament Blue? Can you show a photo of the room?

Below is my table with Electric blue. I have it in Tournament Blue now and like it better, lightens up the room more.

Attachments

• Gibson 1.jpg
    Gibson 1.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 430
Last edited:

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did you have the table installed already? If so, let her know it will probably be 750 more to have the installers come back and swap out the cloth to something else.