Why don't people use their real names or pics in avatar?

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
Why don't people use their real names or pics in avatar?

justnum

Silver Member
Favorite social Media Billiard Accounts to follow:

Accustats, Pool Player Podcast and Billiards Network on youtube

Pro players on instagram

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I can't see why it's necessary, or even desirable.

... they can do so if they choose, and any poster who needs greater name recognition to help them with their business pursuits within pool probably should do so. Similarly, someone whose name is already extremely well known in pool circles will likely benefit from identifying themselves. That said, the posts of those posters who prefer to remain anonymous add great value in the forum discussions, and I fully respect their choice to post that way. In my case, I post with my initials.

justnum

Silver Member
I can't see why it's necessary, or even desirable.

... they can do so if they choose, and any poster who needs greater name recognition to help them with their business pursuits within pool probably should do so. Similarly, someone whose name is already extremely well known in pool circles will likely benefit from identifying themselves. That said, the posts of those posters who prefer to remain anonymous add great value in the forum discussions, and I fully respect their choice to post that way. In my case, I post with my initials.
Hi SJM I think I've seen you in Amsterdam billiards and at pro events.
You post good content on the forum too.

justnum

Silver Member
Same reason I don't have social media accounts.

Hell, Primus said it back in the 90s "Anonymity is a virtue in this day and age"

I pass multiple cementaries a day. The only thing I know is they were a resident. I've been planning my digital tomb for awhile.

justnum

Silver Member
Why don't you use your real name or picture?
I can't editmy user name. I am in the picture

edit: this is a pool forum of the four people above which do you think is similar in facial features to popular pool personalities. see picture on left

SSDiver2112

2b || !2b t^ ?
My nick name has been Gonzo since high school. My user name has been my goto forever. Name of my boat plus a reference to the greatest band ever.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I signed up on here in the early 2000's, it was the norm on the internet not to use your real name. I was going to change my username a few years ago to my real name, (as many on here already know me, and my real name was on FB), but decided against it so I can have some privacy from the gf stalking me online, ha ha. The other reason I didn't want to, was any future employer search. Pool may still have a negative stigma associated with it, and I don't want my gambling stories easy for a square to search out and possibly use against my hiring.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Hi SJM I think I've seen you in Amsterdam billiards and at pro events.
You post good content on the forum too.
Yes, I recognize your picture. We've met. Make sure to say hi next time you see me.

justnum

Silver Member
Yes, I recognize your picture. We've met. Make sure to say hi next time you see me.
thanks for the go ahead. something to look forward too when this pool lock out ends.

justnum

Silver Member
Your new avatar has about four people in it. What point are you making?
World Peace click my profile posts to see alternative social media. Linkedin would be the most professional introduction, thats for my students to learn social media.