Master Thread for forum issues

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This one is small potatoes but I figured to ask...

On the old forum in user control panel there was a link called "attachments" that showed you all the pictures you uploaded over the years. It was an easy way to find pictures if you wanted to link to one again. (Note, this functionality broke 3 or 4 years ago...). Anyway, is something like that on the new system? So we can see all the pictures (the ones hosted on AZ, not a 3rd party site) we uploaded?

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Mike -- For years I have used PMs, by sending them to myself, as a place to do drafts for my stats threads. I would create a draft, perhaps edit it multiple times as the event goes on, and then, when I am ready to post a thread, transfer the information from the PM(s) to my thread. I would then delete the PMs used for the drafts. I just discovered that you cannot now have a "conversation" with yourself. Can that be changed? Or is there somewhere else now to do drafts that can be saved, edited over time, etc.?
At Large, prepare to add me to your Christmas Card list. I found a plugin that allows conversations with yourself. At the moment, it is limited to Gold Members, but try it and see if that works. Just start the conversation and don't add anyone else to it.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
At Large, prepare to add me to your Christmas Card list. I found a plugin that allows conversations with yourself. At the moment, it is limited to Gold Members, but try it and see if that works. Just start the conversation and don't add anyone else to it.
It worked, Mike. Thanks.

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just screwing with you.

I do think it will probably be Tuesday/Wednesday before I am completely comfortable with this new software. That might be a good time to address the NPR area.
NPR???

I never mentioned NPR. Dont really care about it! Why are you mentioning it???

I am talking about all the crap that happens in the Main Forum, Instructor Forum, etc, etc. All the hijacking threads, the insults, twisting things around, etc. People trying to be funny and its ruining AZB for alot of people.

r/DCP

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
NPR???

I never mentioned NPR. Dont really care about it! Why are you mentioning it???

I am talking about all the crap that happens in the Main Forum, Instructor Forum, etc, etc. All the hijacking threads, the insults, twisting things around, etc. People trying to be funny and its ruining AZB for alot of people.

r/DCP
OK, I got it. Maybe I am a little to "exposed nerve" when it comes to NPR. I retract my "screwing with you".

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Its all good sir. But I must admit AZB can be a place to avoid at times with regards to everything I mentioned. Not sure what can be done to stop it - perhaps 2-3 more Mods that can monitor things more closely?

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
In dark mode, stickies not distinguished.

"Back" not consistent -- sometimes previous page, sometimes previous subject. Could be I am unfamiliar with new site.

Otherwise, like a kid in candystore. This is neat.

Last edited:

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
Technical issues like using the right emoji is so important to Millennelials.
Computer software is an extension of what makes you, you.

System Checks all clear. Only risk is the standard risk.

ID-10T user error issues.

Do you recommend saving password in browser for this account?

Some of the "security experts" might think it helps them "hide." It helps fighting alzheimers to practice typing passwords.

And linking to other social media. Doubling down in social infrastructure is important.

The what to do if someone is hacked policy. Please don't practice on me or my accounts.

would people try to make a new account, give up on AZB, or submit a proper help request to the correct contact?

claymont

JADE
Gold Member
Silver Member
  • Is there a way to enlarge an avatar for the gold members like there was in the old forum?
  • Also, as you can see, the image in my sig is rather large.
  • If I could attach it from my files instead of an internet link, I could downsize it, I don't remember it being that big on the other platform.
  • Are going to have a gallery area to upload images too like to old forum had?

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am creating this as a master thread for issues I am looking into and I can mark them as resolved when I get them taken care.

iTrader Replacement - Trouble Ticket Open with Provider
vBookie Replacement - Done
Media Gallery Migration from old site - Pending
Sticky Thread Separation - Done
Editing of posts in streaming subform - Done
Signatures on individual posts - To Do
Just curious as to why the Ginky, Morris and Rousey sections were kept. No one post on them anymore. Could be used for something else maybe.

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
  • Is there a way to enlarge an avatar for the gold members like there was in the old forum?
  • Also, as you can see, the image in my sig is rather large.
  • If I could attach it from my files instead of an internet link, I could downsize it, I don't remember it being that big on the other platform.
  • Are going to have a gallery area to upload images too like to old forum had?
I will look into the larger avatar and uploading image to signature. I am still looking into the media section. There is a plugin available, but I worry that it won't import the images from the old site. (Those images are all there though, so something could be done manually).