Is Schmidt's and charlie 626 Legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Well, then.. Seems as if Danny needs to shell out his money and go to one of John's viewings, if he is really that concerned about the legitimacy of the run.

If he doesn't wish to do so, then it's really not all that important to him, and it's just about tearing down John. (Which is what it is actually about.)
This is incorrect and short sighted. You not too bright either - fake news catalyst.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Thank you Bob Jewett. It took someone of your acknowledged expertise to shut up some people who had no business even commenting on John's achievement.

I watched John at Hard Times when Jack Cooney was teaching him One Pocket during the day while gambling and they were not cheap lessons. While at night he lost thousands to Morro. When asked why he kept playing Morro he simply said "I'm better and just need to get over the head trip." He did. I've seen him at his best and at his worst when in the middle of a match with "One Pocket Richie" out of Sta Monica he swept the balls off the table in the middle of a match. He has always had a ton of talent and has had, like many of us, his ups and downs.

Bottom lime is that he set a goal for himself to break Mosconi's record and let everyone know what he was doing and he finally did it. For a group of people to immediately try to minimize and taint his achievement without having watched the evidence speaks volumes about their lack of class if not integrity.
Do you still believe the bca'a claim after two yrs of not supplying any unedited footage of their claim? If u do ur a chump IMHO.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
They may be corrupt and you may be right. But John is still up on the internet in any discussion with Mosconi's record (right or wrong).

This is the way the world is.

It won't go away no matter how much you protest.

Ask for the proof until your last breath. You may never get it.

People will forget all about this. They always do.

-td
This is very sad but true, at least yer somewhat honest about there being a great deal of corruption associated with yer friends at the bca - it is the way of the world to try and steal Mosconi's 526 - :-0 hmm and not provide proper verification in the form of unedited video - ok roger that - but that does not explain everything now does it.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Have you ever taken this test? I think with your imagination you could score very well. I have always said some of the best in a chosen profession are a little off center. Artists, musicians and pool players kind of share the same traits. Don't you think?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rorschach_test
No actually I am very centered - most quacks like u enjoy trying their little tests on the public i.e. treating the symptom instead of the disease. Ur not too bright tony from maryland - I am located in the very center of yer map as a matter of fact. painfully normal people like u who wish to skoff at a long standing Sports History record will be laughed at. Take yer rorsachusheet test and give it to some other willing poor sap - I only surround myself with excellence when it comes to my Pocket Billiard game. I really have no time for yer mediocre phony bologna pbia/bca moron tests.

Last edited:

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Do you still believe the bca'a claim after two yrs of not supplying any unedited footage of their claim? If u do ur a chump IMHO.
He was trying to set a BCA record, not a xRADARx record so who does it make more sense to give the tape to? If you don't want to accept it, fine but the BCA has.

Sent from the future.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Hit the nail on the head. Pinpoint point accuracy.
BCA-Pool.com not only not pool driven from management, they don’t even operate their own pool leagues anymore. Contracted pool leagues to CSI. GRAB THE MONEY AND RUN, FAST!
Same with Predator, holding their product lines near the vest, lest they draw the ire of the pool player world over this hidden aspect of their gamble.
Flood Bca-pool and Predator with just a little taste of protest and set the fire from within their business. Need Contact Info? Can be provided.
Its so suprising that you agree with him

Sent from the future.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
the longest field goal is not one set up by someone kicking over and over on his home field with a steel boot and over inflated ball till he made it.

the highest 3 game bowling was not set up on one alley that was made to be a gutter for a certain line

the lowest recognized18 hole golf score was not made on a pitch and put short course.

the recognized high run in pool was in an exhibition with a crowd viewing that signed an affidavit attesting to the high run of mosconi on a table unfamiliar to him,,,,-- with only one or a few tries at his run, with unclean balls, no temperature controlled room, people talking and smoking while shooting, on whatever cloth was there---. and playing in conditions similar to a pool room or a real tournament at the time.
lets see which high run should be recognized

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
John has the current BCA approved 14.1 record for consecutive shots made of 626, agreed upon and paid out on by Predator. That is just a fact that you'll all just have to learn to live with.

_______

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
You repeating a falsehood over and over like Corporate Amerika, doesn’t make it so either. As we say in this part of the country, ‘Til Hell Freezes Over’. Maybe biding/Kurry can ass ist u with carrying ur massage to someone who gives a Sh*t.
Except it's not false at all. The BCA did approve the run and Predator did pay John for beating Mosconi's record. Those are facts whether you believe them or not.

_______

cuetechasaurus

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There’s no way Schmidt would fake this. He’s been trying for years to break the record. If you’ve got multiple 400+ runs on tight 9 footers, there’s no way you decide 526 on a very loose 8 footer is insurmountable and you give up trying and decide to fake it.

We haven’t even seen the video yet, but because it’s exactly 100 balls over Mosconi, it’s automatically a fake? Come on. If you were going to fake it, you’d choose a random number, not exactly 100 more. The number probably got in his head and distracted him.

If the video comes out and it’s highly edited then sure, people are always gonna object to an edited video for a world record and make accusations, but the damn video isn’t even out yet.

markjames

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
cue tech a saurus has a good point that hasn’t been mentioned in the last year and a half- THERE IS NO WAY he would try to fake this never ever ever

(he was caught touching the seven ball on a 400+ run a few months prior)

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
cue tech a saurus has a good point that hasn’t been mentioned in the last year and a half- THERE IS NO WAY he would try to fake this never ever ever

(he was caught touching the seven ball on a 400+ run a few months prior)
There’s no way Schmidt would fake this. He’s been trying for years to break the record. If you’ve got multiple 400+ runs on tight 9 footers, there’s no way you decide 526 on a very loose 8 footer is insurmountable and you give up trying and decide to fake it.

We haven’t even seen the video yet, but because it’s exactly 100 balls over Mosconi, it’s automatically a fake? Come on. If you were going to fake it, you’d choose a random number, not exactly 100 more. The number probably got in his head and distracted him.

If the video comes out and it’s highly edited then sure, people are always gonna object to an edited video for a world record and make accusations, but the damn video isn’t even out yet.
Right, like, there's also NO WAY he would post a video claiming of a high run and then someone noticed him brush a ball part of the way through that posted video... you mean something like that, he would never do something like that...

Oh wait...

This thread is fun.

As you were.

ipoppa33

Shakedown Custom Rods
Silver Member

Please quit saying 2 years, 5/27/2021 it will be 2 years! I agree someone needs to see the whole unedited video or how are we to know he didn't accidently move a ball (like in one of the runs he had over 400).

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Havent read thru all of this thread, I just want to know if the video is a fake...
There are a few people who claim it is fake. There are various claims about video editing, shaved slate, heated tables, the wrong cloth, and likely more that I'm forgetting now. JS has submitted a video to the BCA who has accepted it as legit.

That's the short version.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not! Need others to gather data to support your claim you do!
Those interview broadcasts and televideo’s have been revised many times, over. Bits and sound bites have made it into the written word here also. Who’s to say what’s true/false? NOTHING to substantiate the claim has been presented publicly.

Not! Need others to gather data to support your claim you do!
Those interview broadcasts and televideo’s have been revised many times, over. Bits and sound bites have made it into the written word here also. Who’s to say what’s true/false? NOTHING to substantiate the claim has been presented publicly.
Nobody's directed you to make the case for, just to actually obtain some info, rather than rely on your history with him.Imeancharlesdanielharriman,notyou.

Btw: you don't even need science to prove the earth isn't flat.

td873

C is for Cookie
Silver Member
Out of curiosity, has there been any discussion as to why the BCA would accept a fake record? I mean, they still induct people into the Hall of Fame and Bob even won a prestigious award. [Go Bob!] It seems like certifying a fake record would diminish the other things they stand for, no? I'd like to think that the organization that inducted Willie Mosconi into the Hall of Fame wouldn't undermine his legacy lightly.

-td

Status
Not open for further replies.