Is Schmidt's and charlie 626 Legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The beautiful truth is, that in another 10 years all of the old guys who still want to talk about straight pool, will be taking a dirt nap, that will leave Danny and 4 or 5 other people who remember the game and one by one , they will fade into the sunset like good little cowboys and the world can move on from Mosconi ,baloney, and nobody gives a shite.
The giant elephant in the room is that anyone who has ever been to a pool tournament or exhibition knows that most people can't pay attention for more than a few minutes at a time. I would bet that no one there besides Mosconi saw every shot, including the referee.
I would also bet that at some point in the hours he was shooting balls in , that everyone in the room left the area for at least 5 minutes at least once, many of them multiple times , So right there nullifies almost every signature on the paper in my mind for seeing the run. Maybe the ref was there the whole time, but ask yourself , could I watch every shot for hours without getting distracted, especially since for the first 200 he didn't think it was anything but a regular exhibition. I actually met the ref before he died , he refused to talk about it at all.
Do I think John really beat his record, probably , he had to know before he started , there would be no reward to it , so in my mind , he only did it to prove something to himself. '
There's no purpose to lie about it , nobody was going to accept it to begin with , so the only one he would be lying to , is himself, which is silly. Now if you are mentally ill , that would make perfect sense. OK , hope I am here in 10 years to update this thread, till then, Yipppee Yi Yo Kiya!

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The beautiful truth is, that in another 10 years all of the old guys who still want to talk about straight pool, will be taking a dirt nap, that will leave Danny and 4 or 5 other people who remember the game and one by one , they will fade into the sunset like good little cowboys and the world can move on from Mosconi ,baloney, and nobody gives a shite.
The giant elephant in the room is that anyone who has ever been to a pool tournament or exhibition knows that most people can't pay attention for more than a few minutes at a time. I would bet that no one there besides Mosconi saw every shot, including the referee.
I would also bet that at some point in the hours he was shooting balls in , that everyone in the room left the area for at least 5 minutes at least once, many of them multiple times , So right there nullifies almost every signature on the paper in my mind for seeing the run. Maybe the ref was there the whole time, but ask yourself , could I watch every shot for hours without getting distracted, especially since for the first 200 he didn't think it was anything but a regular exhibition. I actually met the ref before he died , he refused to talk about it at all.
Do I think John really beat his record, probably , he had to know before he started , there would be no reward to it , so in my mind , he only did it to prove something to himself. '
There's no purpose to lie about it , nobody was going to accept it to begin with , so the only one he would be lying to , is himself, which is silly. Now if you are mentally ill , that would make perfect sense. OK , hope I am here in 10 years to update this thread, till then, Yipppee Yi Yo Kiya!

Well first off, you obviously don't know straight pool players because they do get sucked into the drama of a high run.

And, Mosconi shot quick and was like a dancer moving around the table, sometimes walking backwards to get to the next shot faster. Watching him, you knew you were watching the best that ever was. Personally I think anyone who ever watched him in person knows he could totally capture your attention for a few hours, setting a world record to boot.

Lou Figueroa

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
You're a pirate now?

Lou Figueroa
loves a good
sea shanty!

Pirate walks into a bar,
Bartender says hey you got a wheel on your belt,
Pirate says, I know, it's drivin me nuts

Where pirates work in medical field,
The o-RRR

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pirate walks into a bar,
Bartender says hey you got a wheel on your belt,
Pirate says, I know, it's drivin me nuts

Where pirates work in medical field,
The o-RRR

Long ago, when sailing ships ruled the waves, a captain and his crew were in danger of being boarded by a pirate ship. As the crew became frantic, the captain bellowed to his First Mate, “Bring me my red shirt!”

The First Mate quickly retrieved the captain’s red shirt, which the captain put on and led the crew to battle the pirate boarding party.

Although some casualties occurred among the crew, the pirates were repelled. Later that day, the lookout screamed that there were two pirate vessels sending boarding parties. The crew cowered in fear, but the captain, calm as ever, bellowed, “Bring me my red shirt!”

Once again the battle was on. However, the Captain and his crew repelled both boarding parties, though this time more casualties occurred.

Weary from the battles, the men sat around on deck that night recounting the day’s occurrences when an ensign looked to the Captain and asked, “Sir, why did you call for your red shirt before the battle?”

The Captain, giving the ensign a look that only a captain can give, exhorted, “If I am wounded in battle, the red shirt does not show the wound and thus, you men will continue to fight unafraid.”

The men sat in silence marvelling at the courage of such a man. As dawn came the next morning, the lookout screamed that there were pirate ships, 10 of them, all with boarding parties on their way.

The men became silent and looked to the Captain, their leader, for his usual command. The Captain, calm as ever, bellowed, “Bring me my brown pants!”

Lou Figueroa
bada bing

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Long ago, when sailing ships ruled the waves, a captain and his crew were in danger of being boarded by a pirate ship. As the crew became frantic, the captain bellowed to his First Mate, “Bring me my red shirt!”

The First Mate quickly retrieved the captain’s red shirt, which the captain put on and led the crew to battle the pirate boarding party.

Although some casualties occurred among the crew, the pirates were repelled. Later that day, the lookout screamed that there were two pirate vessels sending boarding parties. The crew cowered in fear, but the captain, calm as ever, bellowed, “Bring me my red shirt!”

Once again the battle was on. However, the Captain and his crew repelled both boarding parties, though this time more casualties occurred.

Weary from the battles, the men sat around on deck that night recounting the day’s occurrences when an ensign looked to the Captain and asked, “Sir, why did you call for your red shirt before the battle?”

The Captain, giving the ensign a look that only a captain can give, exhorted, “If I am wounded in battle, the red shirt does not show the wound and thus, you men will continue to fight unafraid.”

The men sat in silence marvelling at the courage of such a man. As dawn came the next morning, the lookout screamed that there were pirate ships, 10 of them, all with boarding parties on their way.

The men became silent and looked to the Captain, their leader, for his usual command. The Captain, calm as ever, bellowed, “Bring me my brown pants!”

Lou Figueroa

What's a pirates favorite star wars character

RRRRRR!!!!2d2

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
That is not what I said.

I said, when asked about how Mosconi's run became the record, that JS acknowledged it.

Lou Figueroa
that is all
I know and you know I was just taking a fun jab at you about how you said it. I am well aware of your position on both the former and current record holder...oh, sorry..alleged new record holder.

And you pulled a Danny on me and ignored the first point and pretended the point about table size didn’t even exist.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
That's all true, and the deeper you look the cloudier it gets. Mosconi said there were 300 spectators. Thats nonsense, 300 people don't fit around a pool table without bleachers / risers and even if they did they'd need binoculars to see.

But none of that matters if he's your boyhood hero and you never grew up.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Another happy customer - he's probly drankin coffee and smokin big cigars. I'm sure they were 'so glad u could attend - move along - move along'. Did they - write' before your eyes - pull laughter - from the sky's? Come and see their show, come and see their show, come and see there schoooooooooooow.
What’s wrong with drinking coffee and smoking big cigars? You making crazy talk now sir

Status
Not open for further replies.