Sold For Sale Original 60s hand made George Balabushka Cue $27,000 (sold)

Sold Item
Status
Not open for further replies.

EyeRonic

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I stated along the way finding the right home for the cue was of equal importance as the the money recieved. I may get higher offers leaving this this for sale longer but feel like I have found the right family for the cue to travel to. Though it's only an agreement at the moment I have no doubts it will be completed shortly and have even received a vote of confidence from Pete. I learned Pete has worked with these people people before and said very nice things about them. I did not reveal the reason for selling the cue but will reveal that now. About 2 months ago I was hit by a car while riding my motorcycle. After an extended stay in the ICU I've been recovering at home with limited mobility. The driver if the vehicle that hit me had very minimal insurance and as I look forward into the future I made a pragmatic but very reluctant decision to part with the cue. I wanted to share this with you the kind of extreme isituation I would have have to be in befire letting the cue leave my hands. I cannot truly put into words the gratitude I have for all the help and guidance I have found here. It's a challenging time in the world right now and it's incredible to find such a generous and knowledgeable group of gentleman amidst the struggle many people are facing. A very sincere and heartfelt thank you to everyone everyone I have encountered here. You have genuinely had a positive influence and made my world a better place.

***SOLD***

I have an all original Balabushka Cue for sale made by George himself. The cue includes three original shafts, original Balabushka tips and Balabushka pads. Two of the shafts have never been used. Also included is the box the cue was originally shipped with in the late 60s from Balabushka's work shop (as pictured). The cue has been authenticated by Pete Tascarella. That letter is posted with the images of the cue.
Pete was nice enough to take a few pictures of the cue in its current state after he polished it up a bit. I have uploaded those images.

I will keep this ad up for 1 week. This should give most people a good opportunity to see the cue and to contact me. At the conclusion of this 7 day period, February 7th, I will make my decision on who I will be selling the cue to. Based on offers I have already received I am fairly confident the cue will sell.

Pete has been kind enough to provide his services as an escrow for this sale. Pete currently is in possession of the cue, shafts and original shipping box. Once a deal has been arranged I will indicate who the cue is to be released to and once payment has been confirmed the cue will go directly from Pete to the buyer. I have already paid for the authentication and for the work Pete has performed on the cue. The buyer will need to make any shipping arrangements directly with Pete, will be responsible for any shipping costs as well as a $500 fee for Pete's services as an escrow to be paid directly to him.

I am happy to provide any more information or answer any questions that I can. Thank you all very much again for the guidance and advice you have provided me. Thank you for those of you who have shown interest and made offers. I wish you all the best and I hope you have a very pleasant day.

LeRoy
20201202_085154.jpg
20201202_083503.jpg
IMG_8.jpg
IMG_3026.jpg
IMG_3025.jpg
IMG_3026.jpg
20210228_181726.jpg

Attachments

• 20201202_083705.jpg
    20201202_083705.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 388
Last edited:

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
320   0   0
one of the tips looks like crap. That's about the only negative I can find on this amazing cue. 🙃 🤓 That'll take about 45 seconds to fix.

on a more serious note, it would be best if you made a determination on what your acceptable price would be rather than soliciting offers, at least not here on azb for sale section. This is obv a very desirable cue and once Pete evaluates and reports on it's condition and specs then you can assign a selling price. Other venues are better for offers (auctions) and as you said you have already received some sincere offers so you prob have an idea where you'd like to be with it. And, of course, you can get some additional guidance from Pete, as well.

Good luck!

best,
brian kc

EyeRonic

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the guidance. A lot indeed hinges on words Pete has to share. I'm really looking forward to having that letter of authentication in place. I think once that is ready things will happen pretty quickly and I will inquire as to his thoughts on value as well. Thank you and have a great day

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
320   0   0
Thank you for the guidance. A lot indeed hinges on words Pete has to share. I'm really looking forward to having that letter of authentication in place. I think once that is ready things will happen pretty quickly and I will inquire as to his thoughts on value as well. Thank you and have a great day
btw, I didn't want you thinking I was sharing an opinion, I wasn't clear at all in my previous post that this is a rule here on azb, as follows:

"5) There will be no cash offers etc. NO EMAIL OR PM YOUR OFFERS Allowed, all Items must have a US Dollar Price LISTED."

l
ooking forward to the Tasc letter. It really is a wonderful Bushka!

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Great cue. I notice George sent it air mail special delivery. He was serious about it arriving to its destination intact and in a timely manner.

If you do sell it I'd advise registered mail. Sending a masterpiece like that via priority mail would be a shame.

EyeRonic

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
btw, I didn't want you thinking I was sharing an opinion, I wasn't clear at all in my previous post that this is a rule here on azb, as follows:

"5) There will be no cash offers etc. NO EMAIL OR PM YOUR OFFERS Allowed, all Items must have a US Dollar Price LISTED."

l
ooking forward to the Tasc letter. It really is a wonderful Bushka!
Yes, thank you. Someone else confirmed your comment that I was supposed to have a price listed shortly after you posted your comment. I appreciate you letting me know. Have a very nice day.

EyeRonic

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great cue. I notice George sent it air mail special delivery. He was serious about it arriving to its destination intact and in a timely manner.

If you do sell it I'd advise registered mail. Sending a masterpiece like that via priority mail would be a shame.
I did indeed send it via registered mail to Pete..By using registered mail you can insure the parcel up to $50k versus the $5k limit on priority mail. I insured the cue for $35k and it was $450 less expensive than sending it with FedEx with that declared value. ($155 vs $608) and $350 cheaper than UPS. So shipping via registered mail, is good advice for a couple of reasons, in my case, several hundred of them.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have posted a price that I'm sure is ridiculous until Pete looks at the cue
---though I would totally sell it at that price :)
Dont be surprised if you do get an offer at $35K.
Adding the word ridiculous was a mistake.
You have indicated that you would take less.
This is a collectors dream and it might just bring $35K or more.
There are serious well moneyed people lurking here.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I did indeed send it via registered mail to Pete..By using registered mail you can insure the parcel up to $50k versus the $5k limit on priority mail. I insured the cue for $35k and it was $450 less expensive than sending it with FedEx with that declared value. ($155 vs $608) and $350 cheaper than UPS. So shipping via registered mail, is good advice for a couple of reasons, in my case, several hundred of them.
Ask Pete to return it the same way.

EyeRonic

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ask Pete to return it the same way.
I think it's unlikely I will see the cue again. Where and how it goes from Pete's will be up to the next caretaker of the cue. Pete has quit kindly agreed to act as an escrow which I believe brings a lot of ease and confidence to any arrangements are agreed upon. I know it certainly dissolves a number concern that have been sitting in my mind.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
320   0   0
Dont be surprised if you do get an offer at $35K.
Adding the word ridiculous was a mistake.
You have indicated that you would take less.
This is a collectors dream and it might just bring $35K or more.
There are serious well moneyed people lurking here.
stop knocking the action, sir. :LOL: 🤪

EyeRonic

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure you're absolutely right and that's probably very prudent advice. the thing is that money is not the sole issue for me I also want to make sure that it goes to a very good home. given the help and responses that I've got from the people here and the enthusiasm that everyone has shown I feel perfectly comfortable letting it go to somebody on this site. It's got you know a positive feel and everybody's been truly kind and gracious and it feels right for me to let it find its way to somebody's hands from this forum

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I think it's unlikely I will see the cue again. Where and how it goes from Pete's will be up to the next caretaker of the cue. Pete has quit kindly agreed to act as an escrow which I believe brings a lot of ease and confidence to any arrangements are agreed upon. I know it certainly dissolves a number concern that have been sitting in my mind.
I have one question. Are you a pool player and did you hit any balls with it?

EyeRonic

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I enjoy playing pool but would not classify myself as a pool player. The stick belonged to my father and he would bring it out when he and my brothers would get together and play.somewhere, which occured maybe once or twice a year. I never cues it up. I was too scared of dropping it or something.

kitsap

Registered
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your cue is a serious piece of cue making history. It is gratifying to see it is being treated with care and respect.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I'm sure you're absolutely right and that's probably very prudent advice. the thing is that money is not the sole issue for me I also want to make sure that it goes to a very good home. given the help and responses that I've got from the people here and the enthusiasm that everyone has shown I feel perfectly comfortable letting it go to somebody on this site. It's got you know a positive feel and everybody's been truly kind and gracious and it feels right for me to let it find its way to somebody's hands from this forum
This is a gracious act.

Of course you know of places such as Hunt, Phillip, Sotheby and Christie's, where including commision, the final hammer can bring astronomical bids.

Thank you for limiting the exposure and keeping the cue where it will be most appreciated.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I enjoy playing pool but would not classify myself as a pool player. The stick belonged to my father and he would bring it out when he and my brothers would get together and play.somewhere, which occured maybe once or twice a year. I never cues it up. I was too scared of dropping it or something.
I can safely say you are the only person on this forum who could have owned that cue and resisted the temptation to use it. I'm sure your cue will bring a nice payday. Thanks for showing it here.

sureman183

Got "Boti's" ??
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
249   0   0
IyeRonic, i have a very good friend who is interested in your cue. he has 2 Balabushka's, he's a serious buyer. if you can call me 989-305-6454,
i can give you his phone number & you can contact him. you have a beautiful Balabushka. did your father ever sell pool related clothing at major
tournaments. if so they were very high class, shirts, sweatshirts, & jackets. take care. Don aka Sure Man Cues

Status
Not open for further replies.