Center Pocket Music, the long-awaited CTE Pro One book, by Stan Shuffett.

mohrt

Student of the Game
Silver Member
I've used only one method. Incremental guessing which evolved into contact geometry much of which is little more than mechanical drawing. (imaging)
I find the concepts that Houle spawned interesting but in that they're discussed only in a pool context, superfluous if not counterproductive.
For instance, why would a successful player deviate into a world where he has no cognitive feedback other than he did the ritual moves?
duckie?

JC

Coos Cues
I'm pretty sure he's not interested in the trolls trolling him on his youtube vids. You can do that here.
I watched the first few truth videos and then I watched a Tor Lowry film that popped up on my suggested feed.

Man was it refreshing. I picked up a half dozen things that will help me immediately.

mohrt

Student of the Game
Silver Member
I watched the first few truth videos and then I watched a Tor Lowry film that popped up on my suggested feed.

Man was it refreshing. I picked up a half dozen things that will help me immediately.
Maybe you should avoid CTE, including forum threads about it.

mristea

Pool maniac
Silver Member
I have to say that $100.00 for the book is very reasonable indeed.
Considering the huge amount of effort and work that goes into a printed book.
Indeed. But note that shipping can reach 85usd for European countries, which basically almost doubles the price of the book...I don't know how USPS calculates these huge shipping rates...

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have to say that $100.00 for the book is very reasonable indeed.
Considering the huge amount of effort and work that goes into a printed book.

Many people labor for years and years to write a book, so IMO, effort has little to do it.

So it's $100 plus shipping -- does anyone know if it's a hardcover? HIs promo had it look that way but upon closer inspection it appears to have just been a mock-up on a piece of wood.

Lou Figueroa

mohrt

Student of the Game
Silver Member
Many people labor for years and years to write a book, so IMO, effort has little to do it.

So it's $100 plus shipping -- does anyone know if it's a hardcover? HIs promo had it look that way but upon closer inspection it appears to have just been a mock-up on a piece of wood.

Lou Figueroa
What a schmuck. I hope Stan declines your order.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Lou Figueroa
Well, technically, a book really is just a block of wood anyway. ;)

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Why am I a schmuck simply for asking if it was hard cover and pointing out he used a mock up?!

And to be frank, at a $100 a pop (plus shipping), I'll be able to buy a copy off the For Sale Forum in no time, or offer a bounty for a copy someone else has bought for me, or have someone else just order it for me.

Lou Figueroa

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Mort
Dont waste your time or energy
With the negatives
They will bash as they have done for years
You will not convince them
Let the ones with an open mind decide for themselves
If they buy in
Help them with their questions which they can do via PM
Jmho

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mort
Dont waste your time or energy
With the negatives
They will bash as they have done for years
You will not convince them
Let the ones with an open mind decide for themselves
If they buy in
Help them with their questions which they can do via PM
Jmho
Why is scrutinous curiosity (CTE allowance) bashing?

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
They've brought up Hunter Lombardo and Tyler Styer as proponents. Plans got bushwacked. Granted these guys can play but in watching them, aside from some of the detectable sweeps, what I see is regular pool AND they still get outta line and miss - just like real pool. Srsly though, I must be a glutton for controversy. My take on pool is the physics and mechanics have all been identified and along comes CTE that says forget "line of centers". All you need is three angles and detail on how to adjust. Nevermind that this alone doesn't make sense but the sellers here have sidestepped all queries as to how this is supposed to work. So, once again, how is CTE a direct replacement for pool physics?
It doesn't replace pool physics. The physics of how balls react on a pool is the same no matter what the propulsion method. CTE replaces "feel" with multiple objective lines to allow the shooter to zero in on the shot line, the line the cue ball should travel on to correctly send the object ball to the pocket.

What is "line of centers"? That's a made up term that sounds meaningful but only makes sense when it's explained on a table visually. It's an extremely basic way of getting the shooter to adopt some sort of reference, with objective lines, to guide their visual interpretation of of where the cue stick should be placed. The problem is that those references require guesswork and estimation because outside of a straight-in there is no line of centers that results in the proper shot line. Getting to the right shot line using line-of-centers requires subjective estimation.

CTE is precise. By using the center of the cueball and the edges of the object ball and three lines on the face of the object ball the shooter can get aligned to the EXACT shot line without guesswork. So the answer is that CTE replaces all estimation/feel methods. The proof is in countless demonstrations of which only a few have been BARELY duplicated by objective aiming system users and NEVER EVER to my knowledge by anyone who claims to be a feel/estimate aimer.

As for players who are openly using and teaching CTE and their performances. Humans are variable beings. CTE is not "sold" as something that creates championship pool robots out of human beings. It is a method of aiming that is EXTREMELY precise but like any other tool wielded by a human it is subject to influence from many variables that can result in a missed shot. CTE usage doesn't look like "irregular" pool nor should it. Stan says the eyes lead and the body follows and this is the best way to describe it. CTE is a method of training your eyes to observe several objective reference lines and when you can do that consistently then there is no major visible difference between players using various methods of aiming. CTE isn't the only way to become proficient at aiming. But it is an excellent way to aim with precision and be able to KNOW you're on the right shot line. As such aiming is the very first thing that every player does when addressing a shot and execution follows. So every bit of extra confidence in the aim helps with being able to focus on the execution.