Yahoo.....COVID Vaccinations Are Gaining Steam........Alleluia!

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
April 16th.......I can resume pool playing.......get my 2nd COVID vaccination on April 1st....kind of ironic.
After the 2nd vaccination, there is a two weeks period that follows before you are considered immunized.

April 16th.......11 am......I will remove a cue from my cue case, assemble it and actually hold a cue for the
very first time since February 16, 2020. It has been a long hiatus, longer than even the layoffs I’ve endured
with any of my five (5) shoulder surgeries since 2010. Gosh, I have zero expectations about stroking the ball
and getting the feel of my stroke but after playing pool for 60 years, I suspect it won’t take long. It really never
has in the past & like I wrote, I’ve had more than my fair share of taking a hiatus from pool for medical reasons.

The pool halls in my neck of the woods in CA still aren’t open yet. Dunno when that will happen either but it
doesn’t matter since my vaccination protocol keeps me away from pool even if the pool rooms were open now.
So about a month from now I can resume pool playing and one of my closet friends just remodeled his garage
turning it into his home pool studio. It took two months to complete since the garage is now completely enclosed
with walls, new lighting, a sound system, big screen TVs and a really nice 9’ table, newly covered with with 4.35”
corner pockets and 5” side pockets. The table should play tough which was his goal and it’s also my favorite style.

Tomorrow I’ll start looking at some of my pool videos and reading some of my pool instruction books again. Aside
from just missing playing pool, I’ve never given it much thought. So here’s a chance to freshen up my knowledge
since sometimes we forget and remember after something bad happens in an important match. To my way of thinking,
a long layoff can be a prelude to losing bad habits and just starting fresh again. But regardless, everyone remember this.

“A bad day playing pool is infinitesimally better than any day of not playing any pool.” So don’t gripe if & when you play awful.

FairladyZ

The Boss Stooge
Staff member
Silver Member
“A bad day playing pool is infinitesimally better than any day of not playing any pool.” So don’t gripe if & when you play awful.
I've already had my second shot.....but I did play a couple saturdays in February. I was playing in a humiliating manner....a 4-ball run was about as good as it got.....but I didn't care! I was PLAYING!!!!!!!!!!!! :sneaky:

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You mean you actually took a Trump vaccine?
Actually I would if that’s what my hospital network used but I suppose did not.

The first vaccines distributed were from Pfizer, a private sector pharmaceutical firm
that declined Trump’s invitation to participate in Operation Warp Speed and did not
receive any federal assistance on developing the first vaccine approved for COVID-19.

I know people like to give him credit for getting vaccines accelerated which he did with
all the other firms. But Pfizer created their vaccine entirely on it’s own without help from
anyone. Pfizer used their own staff, equipment & money to make it happen, alone and
completely separate from Operation Warp Speed. OWS obviously helped all the other
firms but had nothing to do With Pfizer. The only thing that might said is Trump leaned
on the FDA to move fast on approving any and all COVID-19 vaccines. But rest assured
since Pfizer was the first company to submit a vaccine that they developed (alone) to FDA,
it was going to get fast tracked because of the soaring infections and skyrocketing deaths
from COVID-19? So it’s even a stretch to say Trump got Pfizer approved because Americans
we’re dying every single day faster than any war or pandemic our nation has ever experienced.

But as I stated at the outset, I’d have accepted any vaccine because I don’t think what gets
injected in your should become a political decision. Obviously, I presume from your post
commenting on my original thread, which I fail to see has anything to do with politics, you’re
either politically enamored with our former President that it spills into your every waking thought
or you just have a issue with me. Personally, I don’t give a crap which it might be. So Nuf Ced!!!!!

mattb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You were shut down so much you couldn't play pool even with a virus that has a better survival rate than the flu? Interesting...

Hoser

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Actually I would if that’s what my hospital network used but I suppose did not.

The first vaccines distributed were from Pfizer, a private sector pharmaceutical firm
that declined Trump’s invitation to participate in Operation Warp Speed and did not
receive any federal assistance on developing the first vaccine approved for COVID-19.

I know people like to give him credit for getting vaccines accelerated which he did with
all the other firms. But Pfizer created their vaccine entirely on it’s own without help from
anyone. Pfizer used their own staff, equipment & money to make it happen, alone and
completely separate from Operation Warp Speed. OWS obviously helped all the other
firms but had nothing to do With Pfizer. The only thing that might said is Trump leaned
on the FDA to move fast on approving any and all COVID-19 vaccines. But rest assured
since Pfizer was the first company to submit a vaccine that they developed (alone) to FDA,
it was going to get fast tracked because of the soaring infections and skyrocketing deaths
from COVID-19? So it’s even a stretch to say Trump got Pfizer approved because Americans
we’re dying every single day faster than any war or pandemic our nation has ever experienced.

But as I stated at the outset, I’d have accepted any vaccine because I don’t think what gets
injected in your should become a political decision. Obviously, I presume from your post
commenting on my original thread, which I fail to see has anything to do with politics, you’re
either politically enamored with our former President that it spills into your every waking thought
or you just have a issue with me. Personally, I don’t give a crap which it might be. So Nuf Ced!!!!!
Good for you. Glad you were able to get vaccinated and can start playing again.

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You were shut down so much you couldn't play pool even with a virus that has a better survival rate than the flu? Interesting...
Some people do what they are told to do by the government, whether it makes sense or not.

The rest of us have been living life. You would think my pool game would be better… 😑

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
TDS is clouding your comprehension. Last July, Pfizer contacted with Operation Warp Speed for the guaranteed sale of 1.95 billion dollars worth of vaccine.

My comment was based on your rants over in NPR, which were and still are many.

Bishop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This thread is a good example of why this forums participation continues to dwindle.

OP makes a generally positive post about getting back to playing pool and it took no time for the political npr shit starters to try and ruin his good mood.

De420MadHatter

SicBiNature
Silver Member
Except the vaccine doesn't prevent you from getting it, doesn't keep you from spreading it, "may" prevent you from having serious complications should you get it, and does not protect against new variations or strains, which "they" say covid is very likely to do...
So you're ready to participate in this awful covid filled world, because you got a vaccine?
Do you think you put on Supermans cape or something 🤔...
How many lives has the vaccine saved, because VEARS is doing a pretty good job of tracking how many it's killed.

LWW

MEMGO5
Silver Member
This thread is a good example of why this forums participation continues to dwindle.

OP makes a generally positive post about getting back to playing pool and it took no time for the political npr shit starters to try and ruin his good mood.
This post is actually why.

The thread was fine until Bishop, fresh back from vacation, took no time declare the victimization of the left.

Bishop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This post is actually why.

The thread was fine until Bishop, fresh back from vacation, took no time declare the victimization of the left.
I don’t have all day but after looking over 200 of your most recent posts this is the first one outside of the NPR and politics. In the last 400 posts this is the only one I could find of yours in the main.

So please keep pretending that you care about this forum beyond using it as a platform to spread propaganda.

DieselPete

Over 2 million people died in the United States last year of something other than Covid.

Life’s short. I’m not going to spend it in my basement. You may feel differently.

Over the last year I have played pool, competed in triathlons, gone to museums and outdoor concerts, and traveled regionally. I've worn a mask and washed my hands regularly and worked to keep myself and others safe while living a full life. I have done anything other than hide in a basement.

And at the same time, I mourn the loss of my American brothers and sisters. More of us have died than in World War II, Vietnam and Korea combined. Republicans and Democrats, young and old, of all colors and faiths. The death toll is staggering.

We can live a full life, work to protect ourselves and others, and have deep respect for the lives lost, all at once.

jsp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We can live a full life, work to protect ourselves and others, and have deep respect for the lives lost, all at once.

Good post. It's amazing how many here think that if you work to protect yourselves and others and also have a respect for the ones who have died (and also the ones who are suffering from long term symptoms), then you MUST be locking yourself in your "basement" and not living a "full life".

Jimmorrison

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
TDS is clouding your comprehension. Last July, Pfizer contacted with Operation Warp Speed for the guaranteed sale of 1.95 billion dollars worth of vaccine.

My comment was based on your rants over in NPR, which were and still are many.
Leave it there, don’t bring it here.

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Over the last year I have played pool, competed in triathlons, gone to museums and outdoor concerts, and traveled regionally. I've worn a mask and washed my hands regularly and worked to keep myself and others safe while living a full life. I have done anything other than hide in a basement.

And at the same time, I mourn the loss of my American brothers and sisters. More of us have died than in World War II, Vietnam and Korea combined. Republicans and Democrats, young and old, of all colors and faiths. The death toll is staggering.

I’m glad that you are getting out and living life. If wearing a mask and washing your hands helps make you feel safer doing that, then that‘s what you should be doing. 👏👏

I have to say though, with one American dying every 12 seconds from all causes, you spend a lot of time mourning. I prefer to spend my time celebrating life…