The suggestion of a CTE specific sub forum

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am on board with the idea, but is this going to mean that every aiming system wants their own section.
Correct me if I am wrong, but the aiming forum was created to remove the arguing from the main forum, which it has. The tag line on the aiming forum was "argue to your heart's content." What happened to that? Maybe you could just use a firmer hand regarding personal insults. Fact based discussions are good to help new people decide if this or that system is something they want to invest their time in. Conclusion: things are fine the way they are, IMO. Let people argue on the merits but hand out bans for those who can't control their emotions.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Respectfully, speak for yourself. The real drama comes primarily from two CTE supporters. I'd love for CTE to be objective. My problem is that when claims are looked into by video/logic they don't hold up to scrutiny and attempts at clarification are met with the childish drama that you talk about.
Bullshit, not one single thing has been proven by a non user. Did you try Morht's shots?

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bullshit, not one single thing has been proven by a non user. Did you try Morht's shots?
Thanks for proving my point. I would like to try mohrt's shot but I'm still trying to find the AL and the SL with different eyes while my nose is turned, and then focusing on the edge of the cb and seeing the NISL. I'm either doing it wrong or... well, let's just say I'm doing it wrong.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for proving my point. I would like to try mohrt's shot but I'm still trying to find the AL and the SL with different eyes while my nose is turned, and then focusing on the edge of the cb and seeing the NISL. I'm either doing it wrong or... well, let's just say I'm doing it wrong.
It's actually not that hard, lol. But you proved my point. You have no clue how to perform CTE, yet you want to dedicate your life to bad mouthing it,lol. What a life.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Correct me if I am wrong, but the aiming forum was created to remove the arguing from the main forum, which it has. The tag line on the aiming forum was "argue to your heart's content." What happened to that? Maybe you could just use a firmer hand regarding personal insults. Fact based discussions are good to help new people decide if this or that system is something they want to invest their time in. Conclusion: things are fine the way they are, IMO. Let people argue on the merits but hand out bans for those who can't control their emotions.
Do you know where the BEST and GREATEST BAN was handed out? When you tried to stick your degrading, disruptive, hateful nose into Stan's CTE house where his new book is discussed in peace and respect!! And that totals HUNDREDS of like minded pool players. Not the same under 10 group of antagonists that are here which you preside over as one of the board of directors.

Mike could have had that traffic here and now but you handful of know it all anti- CTE aiming wizards destroyed that a long time ago.

(not being emotional at all. Just happy as a lark! YEEEEEE HAAAAAA) (does feeling overjoyed count as being too emotional)?

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you know where the BEST and GREATEST BAN was handed out? When you tried to stick your degrading, disruptive, hateful nose into Stan's CTE house where his new book is discussed in peace and respect!! And that totals HUNDREDS of like minded pool players. Not the same under 10 group of antagonists that are here which you preside over as one of the board of directors.

Mike could have had that traffic here and now but you handful of know it all anti- CTE aiming wizards destroyed that a long time ago.

(not being emotional at all. Just happy as a lark! YEEEEEE HAAAAAA) (does feeling overjoyed count as being too emotional)?

Personally, I thought it was nice and quiet around here when you were sent to the cooler for an extended stay : -)

Lou Figueroa
just sayin'

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
Respectfully, speak for yourself. The real drama comes primarily from two CTE supporters. I'd love for CTE to be objective. My problem is that when claims are looked into by video/logic they don't hold up to scrutiny and attempts at clarification are met with the childish drama that you talk about.
Always have, always will.

With that cleared up, how about this: From my perspective this debate always takes the same form. Usually an aiming system is discussed, it could be CTE or any other. Then a provacative statement is made that has a reference to CTE in it. Doesn't really matter who makes it. Some people on here are more volatile than others. Then the discussion degrades into threats, name-calling and dead-end challenges. That's what I mean by not productive. Maybe there is an enlightening post in there somewhere, but it quickly gets drowned out and usually the posts are just restatements and doubling down. It seems you really think this is achieving something interesting, I don't know exactly what, but to me all it does is make people look bad and childish. It's also scaring people off. Just recently a guy got quite a bit of personal abuse who is new to this subforum. I think we've all felt the wrath and ridicule (ok that's maybe only myself) of certain posters here, at one time or another. This forum is pretty much now an argument clinic straight out of Monty Python, complete with threats and doxing.

I'd be happy if this forum was made the CTE forum and all other aiming could be discussed in the main forum. CTE really is the only system that consistently has this problem, so that seems the most targeted and efficient solution. Someone mentions CTE/Pro 1 in the main forum => instant post delete. Unfortunately, we probably can't get that done and agreed upon, so the second most efficient would be a separate CTE forum in the aiming section.

Having thought this through, I don't even think this is feasible. The situation has devolved into a stage where the outrageous behavior benefits the CTE guys (increased exposure and feeling superior) and the opponents of the system who get pretty much the same things. They are both doing it absolutely on- and with purpose. Even the grudge match didn't really stop this dynamic, so I think maybe it's impossible to stop it now. I've tried to make a thread on an insight I had regarding aiming a couple of times now, but I always delete it before I post it. It had nothing to do with CTE in any way (neither for or against), but I know what kind of shit storm I'd be in for. It just isn't worth it. I wonder how many others feel this way? Maybe better players and posters than myself? My ideas are not going to revolutionize the way we play, it's not a big loss, we all know that, but maybe some other guys would have? We'll never know. I'm more a part of the problem now, than the solution, because I know nothing I post here will ever lead to anything good, no matter how good my intentions are. I just remember some really good exchanges I had many years ago and am kind of clinging to that, I guess.

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Personally, I thought it was nice and quiet around here when you were sent to the cooler for an extended stay : -)

Lou Figueroa
just sayin'
You don't know what you're talking about. From June 1 of 2020 until recently right before Stan's book was released, I was so sick and tired of you, PJ, DW, Joey, Brian and nameless trolls that I took a self imposed sabbatical. I didn't even click on the website to read so much as ONE worthless post in 9 months. ZIP!

Now there's something to crow and cheer about with the book. Obviously you aren't as over joyed as I am. And guess what...your reign as hating bad mouthing zealots is over. Oh, not here because there's still free reign for you to say as you wish. But THIS forum is basically dead and so are you (plural). Nobody gives a rats ass what think you know but don't know and never have. That goes for ALL of you mainstays in the boresome foursome.

What was nice and quiet was when you got sent to the cooler for a good LONG extended stay from onepocket.org. LMAO

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Speaking of not knowing what you’re talking about, I did get sent to the cooler over there, but just for awhile.

I was reinstated and but chose to not post for another couple of years after that. Even now I don’t post much there.

Lou Figueroa

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
I'd be happy if this forum was made the CTE forum and all other aiming could be discussed in the main forum.
I think everybody would be happy. CTE users could talk about it without interruption, and others could talk about other aiming topics without interruption. Both are impossible here now.

No matter what "side" of the controversy you're on, it was CTE that made this forum necessary and CTE continues to disrupt it. Quarantining all aiming topics with the one infectious topic makes all aiming impossible to discuss - on a pool forum.

pj
chgo

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
So you admit you're just here to troll your "enemies".

pj <- not that there was ever any doubt
chgo
LOL. You never needed anybody trolling you. You ARE THE TROLLS from DAY 1 when you attacked Hal Houle on RSB and it has never stopped. 23 years and counting.

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Speaking of not knowing what you’re talking about, I did get sent to the cooler over there, but just for awhile.

I was reinstated and but chose to not post for another couple of years after that. Even now I don’t post much there.

Lou Figueroa
I know you were reinstated because we've had this discussion before. Before you were banned and after being reinstated you definitely weren't one of the most loved members on there which caught up to you and why you got banned. You're always going to be the most boastful, pompous, all knowing Lou Figueroa you've always been. That is except for a Biker Bar. They wouldn't put up with it for 10 seconds. SPLAT!

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think everybody would be happy. CTE users could talk about it without interruption, and others could talk about other aiming topics without interruption. Both are impossible here now.

No matter what "side" of the controversy you're on, it was CTE that made this forum necessary and CTE continues to disrupt it. Quarantining all aiming topics with the one infectious topic makes all aiming impossible to discuss - on a pool forum.

pj
chgo
Solve the problem then. You and your buddies just stay out of CTE threads.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Uh, no that didn't happen. I have zero interest in joining Stan's facebook page.

Did you see my question to you about throw? Maybe not. Let's keep it civil. What is your take on this video?

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know you were reinstated because we've had this discussion before. Before you were banned and after being reinstated you definitely weren't one of the most loved members on there which caught up to you and why you got banned. You're always going to be the most boastful, pompous, all knowing Lou Figueroa you've always been. That is except for a Biker Bar. They wouldn't put up with it for 10 seconds. SPLAT!

Once again, you have no idea what you’re talking about.

I recently played in one of their member tournaments and got along great with everyone. I’ve been invited to a get together at Buffs in NOLA in May. I’ve played members of that group all around the country. Gone to some HOF dinners.

If you, OTOH, went over there with your bad attitude, spouting off about the wonders of CTE, you’d be promptly shown the door.

Lou Fugueros
as soon as everyone there
could stop laughing

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Uh, no that didn't happen. I have zero interest in joining Stan's facebook page.
Uh, yes it did happen. Stan banned you several months ago from having access to his FB account. If you tried recently to get onto his specific CTE section, he's unaware of it. But the same thing will happen if he finds out you're weaseling around.
So, as usual just like jumping all over CTE with your false claims...you are a LIAR.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Once again, you have no idea what you’re talking about.

I recently played in one of their member tournaments and got along great with everyone. I’ve been invited to a get together at Buffs in NOLA in May. I’ve played members of that group all around the country. Gone to some HOF dinners.

If you, OTOH, went over there with your bad attitude, spouting off about the wonders of CTE, you’d be promptly shown the door.

Lou Fugueros
as soon as everyone there
could stop laughing
I've been there and the forum holds zero interest for me. My one pocket conversations and play come when I go to Allen's house which always results in a royal ass kicking and the same would happen to you if he got a hold of your bloated head.

You should have been shown the door here a long time ago. All in all you offer NOTHING positive about any facet of the game. ZERO! (Lou Figueroa...Mr. "SEE THE SHOT") ("I'M SOOOOooo GREAT because I beat JB")