Is Schmidt's and charlie 626 Legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerryf

Interesting to me how u described their (bcapl/csi) theater show, I could not help but notice u described it as a 'production' rather than a 'new record' people in yer position have to kinda be careful with the words they choose - eh? But yea they made a hollywood production lol, if they were not trying to capitalize on Mosconi's good name it would be comical. How does it feel to be on the side that is trying to promote what is likely nothing more than - a lie? :) Does the term 'we eat our own' ring any bell for u freddie? Kinda funny the word spectacular = striking effects - hence yer term 'production'. I would not want u in my corner - bcacornerboy/freddie agnir. But yea thanksfor referencing their little theater show as a 'production' rather than a 'new record'. Ha ha spectacular zone defense - wouldn't u say.
Danny, you're replying to a post from two months ago, that you already replied to....two months ago.

I know you're trying to keep this issue alive, but you must recognize that your reputation is sinking fast. Most everyone has moved on. Most everyone has congratulated Schmidt on his 626 accomplishment.

I'll be forking out my $50 to see John Schmidt.

If i ever see you at a tournament again, I'll be sure to offer to sell you my John Schmidt hat.

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Danny, you're replying to a post from two months ago, that you already replied to....two months ago.

I know you're trying to keep this issue alive, but you must recognize that your reputation is sinking fast. Most everyone has moved on. Most everyone has congratulated Schmidt on his 626 accomplishment.

I'll be forking out my $50 to see John Schmidt.

If i ever see you at a tournament again, I'll be sure to offer to sell you my John Schmidt hat.
I would like to see unedited footage of you selling him your hat.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
The Smithsonian doesn’t just accept things because someone sends it to them.

Broadly speaking they accept them because they consider them to be of historical value. Mosconi was a revered figure in sport that, at one time, was widely appreciated by the American public. So along with the affidavit is the piece of paper Mosconi used to carry around with him in his wallet that listed the shots for his trick shot exhibition.

Lou Figueroa
I respect the Smithsonian Institute - it seems they DO fact check - for any false profits i.e. phony's - before accepting their rapport'. Unlike some of the reporters at the 'no work times' i.e. nytimes - they are not really fact checkers at all and their knee jerk style of reporting journalism stories seems a bit complex and troublesome. Thank you Smithsonian Institute for preserving our Nations true Historical facts that are relevant to Pocket Billiard History. Mosconi's 526 stands - false profits fail.

Last edited:

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I respect the Smithsonian Institute - it seems they DO fact check - for any false profits i.e. phony's - before accepting their rapport'. Unlike some of the reporters at the 'no work times' i.e. nytimes - they are not really fact checkers at all and their knee jerk style of reporting journalism stories seems a bit complex and troublesome. Thank you Smithsonian Institute for preserving our Nations true Historical facts that are relevant to Pocket Billiard History. Mosconi's 526 stands - false profits fail.
You're beautiful. Stay golden, Ponyboy.

gerryf

Danny, thanks for the suggestion. I didn't realize there was an NY Times story about John Schmidt breaking the record.

Here it is.

And here's the one from Billiards Digest.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Danny, thanks for the suggestion. I didn't realize there was an NY Times story about John Schmidt breaking the record.

Here it is.

And here's the one from Billiards Digest.
They're ALL in on the plot!!! It's a global conspiracy!!!

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
You are really funny.

This is way off topic, but I got to see you play once, ages ago, at the Billiard Center, in Cape Girardeau.

You played this guy on the front table, where you had to switch playing hands every other shot, and you were getting out playing like that.

I thought that was really cool, and you seemed like a really cool, friendly, and down to earth type of person, which is very different then the nasty way that you are acting toward me, in your replies.

And about the high run, I do not think that John Schmidt, among other reputable people that I read, who have seen the video, would lie about the run, and it is his business who he wants to show it to, and how he wants to go about doing it.

And if it turns out that he, and others are lying, they they should know that it will eventually come out, and it would only make them look really bad in the world of Pool.

Therefore, I think that it is very unlikely that the high run is not legit.

I do not know John Schmidt, but he seems like a really cool, down to earth, and honest person.

For whatever reason, I guess there is a good reason as to why the video is not available to the public yet.
Too many they's for me in yer vocab, are u apart of the they' they' movement? I disagree with your premise that the legitimacy of this claim is the business of no one else and only j.s. If they would have left Mosconi's name out of the theater show - then it would have not been anyones business - other than john and his backers. Once they chose to use Mosconi's name - and say his record had been surpasssed - it became everyone's business (Open Public). Any questions scorpion? Your they, they statement was kinda funny, if that is yer way of saying their version of truth is complicated - yer right bout that anyhue ha ha. They, they have tried to steal an American Sports History record - without proper verification - again any questions? I probly have yer answer. Maybe u were just stuttering with yer 'they they' statement - people do that when they they get noirvous'.

gerryf

Too many they's for me in yer vocab, are u apart of the they' they' movement? I disagree with your premise that the legitimacy of this claim is the business of no one else and only j.s. If they would have left Mosconi's name out of the theater show - then it would have not been anyones business - other than john and his backers. Once they chose to use Mosconi's name - and say his record had been surpasssed - it became everyone's business (Open Public). Any questions scorpion? Your they, they statement was kinda funny, if that is yer way of saying their version of truth is complicated - yer right bout that anyhue ha ha. They, they have tried to steal an American Sports History record - without proper verification - again any questions? I probly have yer answer. Maybe u were just stuttering with yer 'they they' statement - people do that when they they get noirvous'.
Ha! Ha! I'm pretty sure if anyone runs more than 526 balls in straight pool that Mosconi's name will come up. I don't think anyone is trying to steal Mosconi's record. The 526 and 626 were done in different eras and with different equipment. It's pretty difficult to duplicate Mosconi's feat if you can't find an 8 foot table with 5 inch pockets anywhere. So Mosconi still has the official high run record for an 8 foot table with 5 inch pockets. Wasn't it Jimmy Caras who said the only reason to miss on an 8 foot table was because you were getting tired? If there was any money in setting a record, Caras, Greenleaf, etc., would have tried and possibly run a bunch.

It's not unreasonable to treat both records as separate. I'm with the majority of people who are comfortable with Schmidt running 626 balls on a 9-foot table. Maybe someone else will make the attempt to beat it, but so far no one has come close.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ha! Ha! I'm pretty sure if anyone runs more than 526 balls in straight pool that Mosconi's name will come up. I don't think anyone is trying to steal Mosconi's record. The 526 and 626 were done in different eras and with different equipment. It's pretty difficult to duplicate Mosconi's feat if you can't find an 8 foot table with 5 inch pockets anywhere. So Mosconi still has the official high run record for an 8 foot table with 5 inch pockets. Wasn't it Jimmy Caras who said the only reason to miss on an 8 foot table was because you were getting tired? If there was any money in setting a record, Caras, Greenleaf, etc., would have tried and possibly run a bunch.

It's not unreasonable to treat both records as separate. I'm with the majority of people who are comfortable with Schmidt running 626 balls on a 9-foot table. Maybe someone else will make the attempt to beat it, but so far no one has come close.

I believe you have more spoken truth than you know.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hows that coming...tables were supposed to be up before end of March. Must be close to showtime

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I have seen pictures of the setup -- they are impressive.

Standby, please.

Lou Figueroa

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member

I don't think so. They thought the same about Babe Ruth's record because his season HR record occurred in a 154 game season versus the 162 game season that eclipsed it. Yeah, folks complained, whined and wet their pants for a few years. But, Babe does not hold the single season HR record anymore. No big deal, Babe is still one of the most known names in all of baseball and he died over 50 years ago.

And I'm not buying the "they could do it if they wanted to". Ichiro Suzuki was a fantastic baseball player. You would think the ROY award would be enough for a any rookie, but he also added a Gold Glove, Named an All-Star, Batting Champion, Silver Slugger, Stolen Bases Leader, and also led the league with 242 hits. Now, if that was not enough, he was also named MVP just for good measure. His career was stellar. HOF worthy.

Now, if he wanted to he could have been a HR threat. In batting practice he could and did drive the ball at will out of the park. But, that was not his style or game. So, just because he could have won a few HR crowns does not necessarily make him a HR King. Just because he could do it, he does not get the credit in "theory". His choice. I don't know why, but maybe he believed it would affect his batting average in the long run and he was paid to get on base for the boppers behind him. But, regardless, it only counts if you do it regardless of the reason imho.

So others might have done it if it was worth the time, money or effort.

Well, there are whole lot of folks in the World Record Book who never made a dime, just saying ;)

626 is and will be the magic number going forward. Now, when someone wins as many world championships as Willie, then will can talk :)

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
It is easy to figure out if this run was real...... Bet high enough to present it to a highly qualified video analyst.

John blocked me on FB years ago because our politics don't align. However I am willing to bet $100,000 on his side if anyone thinks that such a forensic analysis would go their way. I'd bet up a million if I had it.

There are too many people involved with too much damage to their reputations for this to be false. This is the type of record that absolutely must have the proof and I am positive that the proof is there.

Reactions: KRJ

gerryf

It is easy to figure out if this run was real...... Bet high enough to present it to a highly qualified video analyst.

John blocked me on FB years ago because our politics don't align. However I am willing to bet $100,000 on his side if anyone thinks that such a forensic analysis would go their way. I'd bet up a million if I had it.

There are too many people involved with too much damage to their reputations for this to be false. This is the type of record that absolutely must have the proof and I am positive that the proof is there.
Some people have been asking why Schmidt won't sell the video for $60 or $70, and Schmidt clearly wants to profit more than that. I agree with his concept of marketing the run, and I would happily pay to see it.

Now if some people will offer him $100,000, he might very likely run to your door to hand deliver it.

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think, in awhile, it's not going to matter.

Could be wrong but we'll see.

Lou Figueroa
That seems atypically cryptic, Lou. What's imminent or coming up "in awhile" that will cause it to no longer matter?
Sincere question. Just curious.

Arnaldo

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are a lot of similarities between the the cycling world hour record and this matter.

Of course, we all know who the current hour record holder is but forgot the interim holders who preceded him...right?

It is a great time for 14.1. Let's enjoy it and may the best man win.

Thanks to those who look beyond their own tables for benefit of the sport.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That seems atypically cryptic, Lou. What's imminent or coming up "in awhile" that will cause it to no longer matter?
Sincere question. Just curious.

Arnaldo

Arnaldo, as previously mentioned a few times in this thread, an event is being organized for a 14.1 record attempt.

I would like to say more but have been asked not to reveal further details until all the i's have been dotted and the appropriate t's crossed.

Lou Figueroa

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Arnaldo, as previously mentioned a few times in this thread, an event is being organized for a 14.1 record attempt.

I would like to say more but have been asked not to reveal further details until all the i's have been dotted and the appropriate t's crossed.

Lou Figueroa
Better check with Danny. It has to be a cool spring day in Ohio on an oversized 8 footer to count. And for the love of Pete, don't clean the balls.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.