Is Schmidt's and charlie 626 Legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The "run" referred to 526 and the marketing was to your comment about marketing...as in Brunswick's establishment of 526 as a record was HUGELY for marketing purposes.

The army buddy comment referred to the statement you made about a player asking 'why he don't show it', and also to the establishment of military review as a standard necessary for cliam support made multiple times here.

I’m not so sure Brunswick tried to leverage any marketing with the run — what was important back then were world titles.

As to an Army buddy or military review, clearly you have me confused with someone else because I’ve never said anything like that.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There must have been a time when he had passion along with the talent. That was one bad dude and no way anybody gets that good reluctantly.

Work is a four letter word and accounts of his later years indicates he figured that out.

His passion was to win and to put food on the table.

He came to the game at a very young age and turned out to be a wunderkin. Punching out his boss at a factory during tough financial times put him in a bind and he took up playing seriously. R.A. Dryer makes the case in one of his books that the storyline about Mosconi not gambling was a canard and that in fact he frequently gambled. Later on Brunswick had him disavow all that to present a squeaky clean image.

Lou Figueroa

L.S. Dennis

Right, in that same Book ‘Hustler and the Champ“ Dryer talks about how Brunswick had admonished Mosconi at one point while he was under their employ for not acting more positively toward the game.

As far as his will to win, this is without question, I’ve seen him play a couple of times and whether he was playing Carras or his mother his will to win was Paramount!

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Whatever suits you, Danny. You already know that I'm not a "player". I'm also not go back down that list of arguments and issue yet another rebuttal. You believe what you believe, I'm quite certain no one here will be changing your mind on this (or any other) issue. Certainly not me.
I don't wear a suit but yer probly right about about 'no one changing my mind on this particular topic' - unless they have proof (un edited footage of the run in it's entirety). It is my opinion that un edited footage of this elusive 626 schmidt show - does not exist. As far as me being infallible on any issue - yer incorrect there. It's purty clear I am not wrong on this one though. In fact I would lay heavy odds that the 626 ='s nothing more than a publicity stunt/lie - aimed at the people.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Try to quote me correctly next time. You (and Danny) started with the insults.
He didn't run 626!!!😩😩😩😩 So adult of you two.
Actually it would seem that u are trying to single myself and Radar out (isolation tactics eh)? having the right to an opinion is not the same as a direct insult. I guess u failed to recognize that Lou Figuero, Fatboy, and many, many more agree with Radar and myself. We are just the two u tried to single out. Yer a joke 9 'n' owt.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
It has absolutely nothing to do with hatred. The chances of successfully executing 45 consecutive break shots leaving yourself a high percentage shot afterwards has got to be less than 1 in a million, even for a pro level player of John's caliber playing on a table with generous pockets. Until the tape is released and I've had a chance to watch it, I'll reserve my right to form my own opinion.
U may reserve yer right - for the rest of yer life - no sign of any that they even have an unedited tape for convincing evidence. It is very tough for them to produce footage they do not have.

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You may be right. It read like it was the one in Ohio and meant to type 526, but I guess he could have meant the 600+ run or some other practice 586. I don't even know why I post in this thread any more. We are all just talking to ourselves.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Isn't that what every thread on the internet is ,or quickly ends up being?

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Our players here would have a little interest for us to host a showing of John’s run. However, for myself, if by your stats, his percentage of leaving a high percentage shot after his break shot is north of 95%, if John is ever anywhere near our area in western NC, I would pay him very well for an individual session working on nothing but beginning of rack break shots.

I realize my tables are a totally different animal then what he used to set his record on. I practice my 14.1 on a 10 foot table with 4 1/4 inch corner pockets and 143° pocket facing angles. My break shot percentages might be close to 90% to make the shot, but sadly in the neighborhood of 50% to leave myself a high percentage shot following the break shot. That is clearly the area of my 14.1 game that I need the most help in order to give myself a better chance to increase my high runs.
So yer not interested in their phony theater production coming to yer town either - well Eureka for u, but you will take a lesson - that is all the theater production is. yea once u break it down and the dust settles - there is very little monetary gain from the phony theater show - way less than 50% will even believe it is real footage. My suggestion is to have a better angle on yer b.s. - maybe then the rack will disperse with more honest opportunities. Or as YES would say, Take a Straighter - Stronger Course.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
I'm looking forward to the DVD. It will be interesting to see how many side of the rack break shots he had compared to others.
Are u still looking forward to the DVD of this phony 626 story? If so - sit on yer hands and wait a another two years - maybe then ur anticipation will have subsided.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
When the beating a dead horse emojis just won’t do. That’s this thread.
Sounds like u would rather seethe thread - go away. Oh boy - the living Horse - remains - go right to the source and ask the Horse - it'll give you the answer that you endorse - he's always on a steady course - of truth.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
They may be corrupt and you may be right. But John is still up on the internet in any discussion with Mosconi's record (right or wrong).

This is the way the world is.

It won't go away no matter how much you protest.

Ask for the proof until your last breath. You may never get it.

People will forget all about this. They always do.

-td
Kinda interesting to me that when td originally posted this - he had bca/bcapl promotions on his avatar, I have to wonder why he or she took it down. Any reason u are no longer advertising the bca/bcapl on yer avatar td873? Care to expound?

Last edited:

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
I agree .... I think it’s 100% legit. I think he wanted to make as much as possible on this but he missed the boat waiting to long. I get people starting to question it’s legitimacy after all this time though. Certain people on here cried foul the second he broke the record because they were ass hurt Willie bs record set on an 8 foot trash home table was broken. Records were made to be broken So who cares.
Yer truly pitiful trob, now the table Mosconi ran the 526 on was a trash home table? I agree that ur truly inept and pitiful. Willie's bs record eh - wow what a loser. Mosconi's 526 is recognized in the Smithsonian Institute, see if the 626 claim - without unedited footage - is recognized from the Smithsonian. I seriously doubt that the Smithsonian will recognize their theater show as true evidence.

Last edited:

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Yer truly pitiful trob, now the table Mosconi ran the 526 on was a trash home table? I agree that ur truly inept and pitiful. Willie's bs record eh - wow what a loser. Mosconi's 526 is recognized in the Smithsonian Institute, see if the 626 claim - without unedited footage - is recognized from the Smithsonian. I seriously doubt that the Smithsonian will recognize their theater show as true evidence.
Retaining the affidavit in their basement because someone mailed it to them means what?...is it now the BCA/Smithsonian/Harriman record. Weak even by your standards son.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are u still looking forward to the DVD of this phony 626 story? If so - sit on yer hands and wait a another two years - maybe then ur anticipation will have subsided.
I am looking forward to it. If you had a run greater than 526 I would also want to buy that. When I say DVD I mean of course unedited.

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am looking forward to it. If you had a run greater than 526 I would also want to buy that. When I say DVD I mean of course unedited.
An unedited DVD of the run would rationally, simply not be a commercially viable product, because it would unproductively include totally unnecessary, viewer-dissuasive footage of downtime for bio-breaks and other away-from-the-table protracted minutes. It would be utterly foolish from a marketing POV to quantity-produce that form of an ultra-high -- possibly historic -- Straight Pool run DVD.

John or his team logically could of course, produce by request -- and at a higher price point -- any amounts of an unedited DVDs of the run, but there'd be far more controversy-ridden downsides than productive upsides for doing so, IMO.

I'd imagine that John and his team have -- or should have -- already commonsensically considered all of these marketing-relevant factors.

Arnaldo

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Retaining the affidavit in their basement because someone mailed it to them means what?...is it now the BCA/Smithsonian/Harriman record. Weak even by your standards son.

The Smithsonian doesn’t just accept things because someone sends it to them.

Broadly speaking they accept them because they consider them to be of historical value. Mosconi was a revered figure in sport that, at one time, was widely appreciated by the American public. So along with the affidavit is the piece of paper Mosconi used to carry around with him in his wallet that listed the shots for his trick shot exhibition.

Lou Figueroa

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Willie Mosconi was driving himself all over the country between exhibitions. He was also sometimes doing two a day. Aside from the trick shots and glad handing I think he always ran at least a hundred balls. The grind of doing that for years on end I think is what got Willie sour. Even after his stroke and retirement he still worked hard to be ready to play even the TV stuff. I think he always loved the game, not so much the job!

Hu

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
The Smithsonian doesn’t just accept things because someone sends it to them.

Broadly speaking they accept them because they consider them to be of historical value. Mosconi was a revered figure in sport that, at one time, was widely appreciated by the American public. So along with the affidavit is the piece of paper Mosconi used to carry around with him in his wallet that listed the shots for his trick shot exhibition.

Lou Figueroa
OK, but the idea raised by someone that it was significant that JS didn’t have something in the Smithsonian is a stretch.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
An unedited DVD of the run would rationally, simply not be a commercially viable product, because it would unproductively include totally unnecessary, viewer-dissuasive footage of downtime for bio-breaks and other away-from-the-table protracted minutes. It would be utterly foolish from a marketing POV to quantity-produce that form of an ultra-high -- possibly historic -- Straight Pool run DVD.

John or his team logically could of course, produce by request -- and at a higher price point -- any amounts of an unedited DVDs of the run, but there'd be far more controversy-ridden downsides than productive upsides for doing so, IMO.

I'd imagine that John and his team have -- or should have -- already commonsensically considered all of these marketing-relevant factors.

Arnaldo
I saw a video of him running over 400 and it seemed to be unedited. I can't imagine that was that much down time. To remove all doubt it would have to be unedited.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Extra DVD's don't add that much extra cost and john could pass it on to the customers anyway. I think I would market two versions, edited for time, no fast forward though, just cut out the nonpool time. Put commentary on that. Along with that release a version with no cuts for anything, no commentary, the best proof he has. It would add less than ten bucks to the cost I believe and should bury most of the controversy. john did touch a ball in another of his high runs, did he do something like that on this one? Only he and his hair dresser know for sure!

Hu

Status
Not open for further replies.