Is Schmidt's and charlie 626 Legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks again, I knew you were honest. For anyone else - who pays taxes - it IS there $ too i.e - belief/investment - that is on the line.
Of course what we are getting at is the idea that a record of this magnitude should have no doubt. I'm not expert enough to say what constitutes an edited tape and what does not. I imagine in time the fully raw video will come out.

Shuddy

Diamond Dave’s babysitter
Silver Member
Here's a stat that is out there. In 1969
Cranfield ran a 490 then took a break to use the bathroom and wash his hands and ran 493 the very next attempt.
So Cranfield has the highest run ever known at 768 and 893 in 2 innings.
That's Strong right there.
Next incredible Stat is in a race to 1500 in 1968 Luther (Wimpy) Lassiter ran 1139 in 3 consecutive innings.
FWIW I lean more towards JS running 626 than not but it's about 51/49%. So when JS stops making scraps from his movie showings then there should be no reason at all to not show a full unedited video which he still could make money from. There is no reason at all to have edited the run and charged people to watch it. Running the last 200 or so balls at 2x speed is one of the big issues. If ran at regular speed the difference would only be about 20-25 minutes longer which is nothing for a run which is 5 hours long.
Why is Cranfield’s run not recognized as a record? It seems fairly common knowledge he ran 768.

gerryf

Why is Cranfield’s run not recognized as a record? It seems fairly common knowledge he ran 768.
As i understand it, different people witnessed parts of the run, but nobody witnessed the entire run. The 768 is labelled as an 'unverified' run.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
It infers nothing more than the Sagan Maxim: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Maybe he did it, but then again, maybe he didn't.

Lou Figueroa
open minded
Yep - it IS possible to create or engineer generalizations - to the Open minded Public - without presenting unedited video evidence (garbage in and garbage out). The analysis we subject the numbers to are - honest efforts at 'elucidation' rather than obfuscation. Elucidation = providing unedited tape of this bca claim of 626. The bca edited theater presentation is just bca/j.s attempt at = obfuscation. Presenting to the public an unedited video of the claim - for purchase = elucidation. It's not exactly quantum physics - just common sense. I am still open minded to viewing the unedited tape - of this CLAIM of 626 - if they have one.

Last edited:

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Danny, John has recently been woofing at players online to match up. Playing you was once again brought up and John expressed interest. What would it take for the two of you to match up again?

Many of us would love to see it.
In further study - I would be happy to accommodate j.s. and his backers in a Bank Pool session, it is really all I practice anymore. When I play someone like schmitt - I will make sure I lock down the money - brand new Diamond 9 ft equipment here in Spfd,MO perfect for full rack Bank. See if he wants some of that - Bank Pool only - u may find - he does not want to take that action to the bank. I am sure if I started winning he would throw chalk at me (as he did in the 1st TAR ten ball leg when he snookered himself - on camera). j.s. is way too cowardly to even think about playing me in Bank. So again - see if he is looking to climb up that Mountain? I would say he might want to stick to his little corrupt theater shows/lecture or presentations of corruption - that will never make the bank or the cut, however - if it turns out he, c.w. and bca/csi are fibbing about surpassing Mosconi's 526 - he may be kicked out of any future pro events - till he admits of the possible corruption.

Last edited:

gerryf

Yep - it IS possible to create or engineer generalizations - without presenting unedited video evidence (garbage in and garbage out). The analysis we subject the numbers to are - honest efforts at 'elucidation' rather than obfuscation. 626 chopped theater show is just bca/j.s attempt at obfuscation. Presenting unedited video of the claim = elucidation.
You continue to accuse the BCA and John Schmidt of fraud. I assume that extends to the room owner, witnesses, Bob Jewitt, etc.?

You refer to the video as 'chopped' but you haven't seen it, and people who have seen it say it was continuous. Are you accusing them of fraud as well?

Your comments don't smell like 'elucidation' do they?

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
I never saw him play - but I hear from a reliable source he could really play 14.1, maybe he did not know anyone from the corrupt and or now defunct bca PROGRAM. The two guys over at bca could be an A.I. program of the cancel culture.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Of course what we are getting at is the idea that a record of this magnitude should have no doubt. I'm not expert enough to say what constitutes an edited tape and what does not. I imagine in time the fully raw video will come out.
Well until then - the Claim is not Legit. You would not bet ten large of your own $ the bca CLAIM ='s truth - yet you find their claim to be Legit? The people have already patiently waited for over two years - to see proof of their grandiose claim. Oh well if nothing else the bca and pardners were able to have newspapers display j.s's photo next to the great Mosconi.

Last edited:

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Well until then - the Claim is not Legit. You would not bet ten large it is true - but yet you find the claim to be Legit? The people have already patiently waited for over two years - to see proof of their grandiose claim. Oh well if nothing else the bca and pardners were able to have newspapers display j.s's photo next to the great Mosconi.
It’s legit, congrats to JS on the new record. Your take on it doesn’t really matter to me.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Well until then - the Claim is not Legit. You would not bet ten large of your own $ the bca CLAIM ='s truth - yet you find their claim to be Legit? The people have already patiently waited for over two years - to see proof of their grandiose claim. Oh well if nothing else the bca and pardners were able to have newspapers display j.s's photo next to the great Mosconi.
If JS agreed to show it to you, would you put up 10 grand against my 10 Gs that there is no shenanigans to find? Do you even have 10?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Asking for proof is not an accusation of anything.
This is true Radar, and it does not seem too much to ask - to see undeniable/unedited video evidence - that they claim to have - if in fact Mosconi's 526 has been bested. Maybe they are waiting for some new technology to emerge - where any homemade chopped video footage - looks real. One can only speculate - as to why they have chosen to hide - schmidt is a coward - I can guarantee that - cowards are good at hiding - so that does make sense. I have seen his spoiled brat act (throwing chalk) pulling moves arguing about rules etc. - while competing and Winning against him. This is all on the Tar camera and unedited - so I would not call it here say/conjecture - much different than the 626 video they are claiming to have - that the world/ Open Public - is NOT allowed to see proof of.

Last edited:

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
No matter how hard the cancel culture tries - when a special interest group (see bca) CLAIMS to have a unedited video of a 14.1 player running 600+ - it's not about 'who you know'. The unedited video evidence - IS - who you know. Kinda cool how that all comes out in the wash. The bca's business could be dirty - I think of myself as the Mr. Clean of True - 14.1 record keeping.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In further study - I would be happy to accommodate j.s. and his backers in a Bank Pool session, it is really all I practice anymore. When I play someone like schmitt - I will make sure I lock down the money - brand new Diamond 9 ft equipment here in Spfd,MO perfect for full rack Bank. See if he wants some of that - Bank Pool only - u may find - he does not want to take that action to the bank. I am sure if I started winning he would throw chalk at me (as he did in the 1st TAR ten ball leg when he snookered himself - on camera). j.s. is way too cowardly to even think about playing me in Bank. So again - see if he is looking to climb up that Mountain? I would say he might want to stick to his little theater shows/lecture or presentations of corruption.
Was it a different personality that was babbling about being better than Schmidt?

And then you throw out an obscure game?

Wtf? Play him a game that has more than one annual event at the top level.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I never said it was legit and never said it wasn't. I did say I believe, based on information available, that it probably is but I wouldn't bet the house on it unless I could verify it myself. Technically, the run is official if the BCA says it is, or whoever the sanctioning body is, but that doesn't necessarily mean it is legit.

erhino41

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No matter how hard the cancel culture tries - when a special interest group (see bca) CLAIMS to have a unedited video of a 14.1 player running 600+ - it's not about 'who you know'. The unedited video evidence - IS - who you know. Kinda cool how that all comes out in the wash. The bca's business could be dirty - I think of myself as the Mr. Clean of True - 14.1 record keeping.
Oh, ye brave virtuous knight of truth! What a load of crap. Every nut job like you hides behind that self appointed title of the virtuous keeper of the truth in the battle against the dogmatic and oppressive "powers at be" (sic), who, for some reason are hinging their plans on controlling all of us gullible folks with their dog and pony show phony straight pool run fallacy. Surely no more effective plan can exist. I am truly grateful that warriors of truth like yourself continue to fight the good fight, for the future of mankind depends on it.

You are the keeper of nothing, that's what truly has you so angry. You've wasted so much time and energy on here trying to convince yourself, and others, that you have any meaning at all. At one time you swung a big stick, but that's about it. Surely all this effort could be applied to something far more healthy and useful for yourself.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Sorry to burst the accolade bubble, but documentation exists for only 1100+ attempts with over 300 attempts that resulted in so few balls run after the break that the run totals were just cast aside. That alone knocks the entire 79 days of attempts to an average of only about 31 balls pocketed per 1100+ attempts. See the Billiards Digest article along with the documented stats.
Wow that makes it even more of a great feat.... How discouraging it must have been to go through 1100 attempts with streaks of early failure in the alleged 300 discarded ones... Not sure why they were discarded or how they were discarded. Not recorded? What was the criteria, minimum of 100 balls run, so 1100 runs of over 100? Runs of over 200?

So 11000+ balls run or 22000+ balls run. Culminating with a record-breaking 626 to shatter a record that had held for some half a century.

Absolutely amazing incredible exhibition of perseverance and grit. Out of all the players who have lived in the last 50 years John Schmidt stands alone with the world record straight pool 14.1 continuous record run on video and verified by the Billiard Congress of America and consequently by the World Pool Association.

1100+ attempts to the world record, what a great success story.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
In further study - I would be happy to accommodate j.s. and his backers in a Bank Pool session, it is really all I practice anymore. When I play someone like schmitt - I will make sure I lock down the money - brand new Diamond 9 ft equipment here in Spfd,MO perfect for full rack Bank. See if he wants some of that - Bank Pool only - u may find - he does not want to take that action to the bank. I am sure if I started winning he would throw chalk at me (as he did in the 1st TAR ten ball leg when he snookered himself - on camera). j.s. is way too cowardly to even think about playing me in Bank. So again - see if he is looking to climb up that Mountain? I would say he might want to stick to his little theater shows/lecture or presentations of corruption.
Are you going to go after the reported record of 37 banks set by Eddie Taylor? Make sure we get that video for free when you're done and have it certified by a qualified video analyst. In fact we are going to need more verification than that so be prepared.

Status
Not open for further replies.