Stolen cues alert! Lafayette LA last Monday night.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is my first opportunity to get online and post this here. Last Monday night, in front of my room at the Red Roof Inn in Lafayette LA, someone got into my vehicle and stole my Garmin GPS and worse, stole my JBCases 4x8 full-zippered Orange ostrich leather cue case with all my cues in it. I had both of my Samsara cues, my break cue, my jump cue, and 10 different shafts, including 3 Revos, 1 Becue, McDermott G-Core, Tiger ProX, and the original shafts that came with my Samsara cues. I did make a police report, but I don't have much faith that much will come of it. For any of you in Lafayette (and I know there are several) please keep an eye out, and your ear to the ground regarding any news of these cues. I am offering a $500 cash reward (no questions asked) for the return of the case and cues. If anyone has any information, please call me at 773-551-7473. Thanks in advance for any help.

Scott Lee

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member
That sucks! I had a Joss J15 that I saved up all year for (and only had for two months) stolen out of my car in Leesville, LA back in 1991...filed a police report, and as they took it, they basically laughed at me. Nobody ever seems to take pool cue thefts seriously, except other pool players. I had sightings of my cue all over the Parish from different folks who'd alert me, I'd jump in the car and just miss catching the dude. I was finally transferred still without cue. I bought a lot of cues since, but I'd love to have that one back. Hope someone (other than that jack ass) is enjoying it somewhere.

You took a big hit...I hope you have some success in locating them. :)

middleofnowhere

Registered
This is my first opportunity to get online and post this here. Last Monday night, in front of my room at the Red Roof Inn in Lafayette LA, someone got into my vehicle and stole my Garmin GPS and worse, stole my JBCases 4x8 full-zippered Orange ostrich leather cue case with all my cues in it. I had both of my Samsara cues, my break cue, my jump cue, and 10 different shafts, including 3 Revos, 1 Becue, McDermott G-Core, Tiger ProX, and the original shafts that came with my Samsara cues. I did make a police report, but I don't have much faith that much will come of it. For any of you in Lafayette (and I know there are several) please keep an eye out, and your ear to the ground regarding any news of these cues. I am offering a $500 cash reward (no questions asked) for the return of the case and cues. If anyone has any information, please call me at 773-551-7473. Thanks in advance for any help.

Scott Lee
I literally got sick to my stomach reading this. This is a nightmare of every pool player. I've had it happen and I was surprised how much of it was covered by my homeowners insurance. That's not to say the pool cues aren't really difficult to replace.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I literally got sick to my stomach reading this. This is a nightmare of every pool player. I've had it happen and I was surprised how much of it was covered by my homeowners insurance. That's not to say the pool cues aren't really difficult to replace.
Literally impossible...they were custom made for me 20 years ago. I'll be back home in FL today, and start checking with my insurance, but like you, I am sick to my stomach over this.

Scott Lee

crazysnake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you have any photos of your kit that you can post?

Sent from my motorola one zoom using Tapatalk

middleofnowhere

Registered
Literally impossible...they were custom made for me 20 years ago. I'll be back home in FL today, and start checking with my insurance, but like you, I am sick to my stomach over this.

Scott Lee
I had a Richard black stolen from my car and my insurance company covered it. I had to get a letter from Richard black attesting to its value. He actually set the value higher than it was when he had made it for me.

This is of course back before there was an internet you could not do rapid research. The insurance adjuster absolutely did not believe that I poolcue cost that much money.

I hope your story can be a cautionary tale for everybody. You don't let a pool cue out of your sight. You may have waited years to get it, it can be almost impossible to replace not withstanding value.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member

Scott Lee

I am sorry that this happened to you, Scott.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry to hear of this - sad to say, but there are crooks everywhere today- When I moved down to Fl three years ago - I took all my cues and valuables in my room with me for the 2 nights I stopped on the way down- including my very nice Italian made shotgun with several rounds of buckshot- just in case! I won't leave a decent cue or case unattended even for a bathroom break in any room in the U.S.

I hope you get all your cue stuff back, and I also hope the thief is captured some day- and not by the cops! We all feel for your loss as we understand how much your personal cues and shafts would mean to you.

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jesus Christ Scott, I like so many others am sick to hear of this. For all you have done for pool this is an awful kick in the stomach. Hoping for a miracle and that maybe someone knows something about this and will do the right thing..

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hope your story can be a cautionary tale for everybody. You don't let a pool cue out of your sight. You may have waited years to get it, it can be almost impossible to replace not withstanding value.
I fervently agree with this hope for everybody reading the awful news in this thread.

Will some very experienced hi-tech reader please briefly enlighten all AZBers about the existence of whatever various small, but powerful tracking devices that can be well-hidden within cue cases or any kind of ordinary travel cases. One of these devices would have been a god-send for Scott (and will be for any of us potential victims, going forward).

Please include any pertinent links to the suppliers of these devices that you might recommend or describe.

Arnaldo

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Terrible. Keep an eye out for cues for sale on OfferUp, Craigslist, etc. in Lafayette and the surrounding areas. You might get lucky with the dumb asses trying to sell them online. Also, if you know anyone in the area, they could check local pawn shops.

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry to hear about this Scott.
Hope you get them back and karma has it's way with the lowlife that took them.