Stolen cues alert! Lafayette LA last Monday night.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Jeesh , Scott. I hope you get them back.
Get a cheap GPS tracker and place it in your case .

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jeesh , Scott. I hope you get them back.
Get a cheap GPS tracker and place it in your case .
While a tracker may be helpful, it's better to never leave anything in your car at a hotel/motel. Just bring it to your room. Hell they will break in to get spare change if they see it. Anything they can see and looks like potential value is a reason for them to break in

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
get a driveway alert alarm and the remote will go off in your room if someone breaks in your car.

or have an alarm on your cue case so if it moves it yells.

its so easy to protect things from thieves nowadays or at least stop them before it happens.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is the nightmare of every pool player. It even haunts those who have not suffered this horrible fate.
So much time, effort and expense went into creating your pool cue repertoire, plus this is your livelihood.

There should be some form of national registry for stolen custom pool cues that pawn shops and dealers
could use to verify any cue presented for loan or trade was not stolen. My heart truly aches for you, Scott.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Makes me sick to read this. I hope you get all your stuff back. I ain't saying what I wish for the thief.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Any pics???? I'd let all the players at Big Tyme next week be aware of this.

middleofnowhere

Registered
get a driveway alert alarm and the remote will go off in your room if someone breaks in your car.

or have an alarm on your cue case so if it moves it yells.

its so easy to protect things from thieves nowadays or at least stop them before it happens.
You can't stop a thief if they are determined at all. A smash and grab happens so fast they dont even care about an alarm. In the case of Scott, He was really unlucky. I say this because I think they wanted the Garmin GPS and once inside got a bonus. If they were after the cues or he was targeted they would have not taken anything else. Once they had the cues they would get out of there as fast as possible.

You should never leave anything of any value visible in a car. I never forgot a customer having his car window broken in front of my pool room. The only thing in the car was a carton of cigarettes on the seat. For that he had a few hundred dollars worth of damage done. When it comes to pool cues the case to someone who doesn't know what they are looking at it looks like it may be a gun case. Either way, nothing should be visible in a car that someone may want to steal, not even a nice jacket on the seat. The damage they do is usually more then what they took.

Dave-Kat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Horrible story - That just sucks. Despise thieves

Just did quick search on eBay. Many bluetooth mini units for than $20 or less I see that you could toss in your case, car, your kids backpack etc. Just enter mini bluetooth trackers in search bar.

Hope you get your bag and cues back,
-Kat,

Last edited:

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Scott, you might post a reward in the room. Seems to feels like the crooks knew you and your ways. Since it's your room? Then even more so.... it might of been a frequent/regular customer. FWIW

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Scott, you might post a reward in the room. Seems to feels like the crooks knew you and your ways. Since it's your room? Then even more so.... it might of been a frequent/regular customer. FWIW

FYI Scott was guest at Red Roof Inn-Motel, this crime was not infont of a Pool Room, but where he was staying as a guest of the Red Roof Inn.

Maybe the Red Roof has video survalance, that might help catch the POS THIEF.

Bishop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Please post or PM me pictures. I’m in and out of Pawn Shops all over Texas and there’s a ton of stuff that trickles down from LA. I bet I hit 30-40 pawn shops/junk shops a week from South to East Texas and I make a point to look for cues.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see stuff from LA makes it way to Texas because the wait period for police reports is typically a local thing. Easiest way to unload stolen stuff is to do it out of area. If someone steals something from LA and pawns it in Texas it likely won’t log as stolen property.

joninnorfolk

Account was hacked - Pending verification
Silver Member
Ugh. Sorry to hear this Scott. Is it wrong for me to hope the thief ends up with broken fingers?

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am so sorry this happened. The feeling of being violated is terrible. I had my laptop stolen at a Marriott hotel in NY while we were at a Joss tournament in Albany. I will never forget that feeling.

Apparently, there are people who steal anything visible in a car, even small change, and they work in teams in our community. These car thieves are called "lifts." One group walks down a street or parking lot and looks in vehicles to see if there is anything worth stealing -- loose change, cell phones, GPS devices, laptops, cell phone chargers, musical CDs. They actually lift the handle of the car door to see if it is unlocked; thus, where they got the nickname "lifts." However, even a locked car is not safe if there is something visible and inviting to the thief. They just break the window. My daughter left her wallet in her glovebox while she ran into the drug store to get some times. Five minutes, she was gone and came back to see her window broken and wallet gone.

After the first group of "lifts" target which cars to steal from, the second group of "lifts" then walk down the street quickly while the first group keeps watch. At the end of the night, these car thieves can gather up as much as $100 or more in loose change and other niceties that people leave in their cars, thinking the locked car is safe.

As a result, I never leave anything in my car visible, with the exception of a face mask. Cars are not safe to store things now. Also, in my case with the stolen laptop, there was a maintenance man who came in our hotel room to fix a towel rack, and the next day, he never showed back up to work. I know it was him. It could be these cues of Scott's could be an inside job at the hotel with hotel workers