GOOD NEWS FOR THE "LURKERS" ABOUT CTE AIMING!

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With my system, as long as I don't shoot too hard or too soft (or extreme english or throw from really dirty balls) the cue ball hits the exact spot on the object ball that I've chosen to hit and I make the ball. But I figured out quickly that simply shooting really hard throws everything off. I don't care what system you are using to aim, if you fire a ball in, you're going to miss if you aim at the object ball the same way that you do if you shoot soft. Throw from dirty balls and extreme english have similar effects that you need to compensate for and aim at a different spot. Because that's the case, CTE as well as my own system gets you "close", but you still need to make changes on the fly if you shoot really hard or soft, or you're going to miss. I can't make my point more clearly than that. If you don't agree, that's fine.
Sounds like you've got it all figured out.
Enjoy yourself.

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
Sounds like you've got it all figured out.
Enjoy yourself.
But do you agree that you can't choose the same contact point on the object ball if you're hitting really hard, with extreme english, or with dirty balls that produce a lot of throw?

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
But do you agree that you can't choose the same contact point on the object ball if you're hitting really hard, with extreme english, or with dirty balls that produce a lot of throw?
I wouldn't know about all that.
The CTE method of alignment/aiming that we use, doesn't deal with contact points, extreme english...or "fractions" either.
I wouldn't know about dirty balls either. Clean or dirty, our method of aligning and shooting doesn't have to worry about that stuff.

Last edited:

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Writing a book. Hmmm. When did you start. How long do you think it will take. Is it out yet. Who is the publisher. LMAO Sorry couldn't resist. Questions are for my Sunday morning chuckle only.
FWIW, I was interested in Stan's publisher because I suspected, correctly, that he did not have one. Stan had a company print and possibly edit his book. That company also happened to be a publisher but did not publish his book. It sounds good to have a book "at the publisher," though.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
FWIW, I was interested in Stan's publisher because I suspected, correctly, that he did not have one. Stan had a company print and possibly edit his book. That company also happened to be a publisher but did not publish his book. It sounds good to have a book "at the publisher," though.
TOTAL LIES. You really have become a psycho. One post decent next post lying idiot.

Last edited:

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here you go again, "Innocent Dan", nitpicking any little thing you can possibly think about to downplay and belittle the book Stan has created. Now it's an attack on the PUBLISHER and whether he had one or not. WHAT BUSINESS IS IT OF YOURS, DAN WHITE? WHAT THE DICKENS HAVE YOU EVER CONTRIBUTED TO THE WORLD OF POOL AND HAD PUBLISHED?

All you are is a pool forum nobody "know it all" and especially a CTE HATER AND KNOCKER who argues with everyone about CTE even when they try hard to help you understand and perform it.

It wasn't too long ago that you were claiming and screaming bloody murder that Stan was never going to even have a book and that it was all smoke and mirrors. "WHERE IS THE BOOK", "HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO WRITE AND PUBLISH A BOOK", "NO BOOK IS EVER COMING OUT", and on and on and on.

Now the book is out and the way it's illustrated with multiple action pictures on almost every page along with written instructions just as if Stan was explaining it in person, is STILL not enough. This isn't a 400 page novel with nothing but written black and white print on each page. It's as good as taking a live lesson as it can get.

You have praised and extolled the virtues of two books on this forum. Poolology by Brian which is an e-book and
"Play Great Pool" by Mark Wilson and Donald Wardell, MD. Other well written books have been written by Phil Capelle. They were PUBLISHED by BILLIARDS PRESS - P.O. BOX 400 - Midway City, CA 92655.
Are THEY (Billiard Press) a MAJOR Publishing Company that meets "YOUR" approval?

In the past you haven't been able to say enough good things about both of them while knocking Stan, CTE, and players using the method whether they are PRO PLAYERS, TOP AMATEURS IN THE COUNTRY, OR REGULAR PLAYERS WHO POST ON THIS FORUM.

So, WHAT MAJOR PUBLISHER WAS INVOLVED WITH POOLOLOGY? WHAT MAJOR PUBLISHER WAS INVOLVED WITH "PLAY GREAT POOL" BY MARK WILSON AND DONALD WARDELL, MD.?
© 2019 Mark Wilson - All rights reserved Designed and Maintained by Arch City Marketing St. Louis Web Design & Marketing » ArchCityMarketing.com

How about NONE! But it doesn't matter because it could have been anybody under the sun as long as it wasn't STAN SHUFFETT or anything having to do with CTE.
You need to get a grip on reality, man.

Last edited:

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
TOTAL LIES. You really have become a psycho. One post decent next post lying idiot.
I think most of my posts are decent. You guys blow everything out of proportion. Stan didn't have a publisher who invested in his book but he kind of left it out there that he did. I guess saying "The book is finally at the publisher" kind of hints at that. If I had said something like that you'd be calling me a liar. Actually Stan is the one who said it and you guys STILL call me a liar. lol. I suppose he might technically have a publisher even if all they did was edit, print and take his money so on points I might be wrong.

I knew a guy who rented a small office space in a large 5 story beautifully landscaped commercial building. He was selling an upstart product of some kind and made some brochures. In the brochure was a nice photo of the building with the caption, "World Headquarters." He left out the fact that the world headquarters was just a bit more than a broomcloset in that building but he was OK with leaving a different impression.

Just a bit of fun.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think most of my posts are decent. You guys blow everything out of proportion. Stan didn't have a publisher who invested in his book but he kind of left it out there that he did. I guess saying "The book is finally at the publisher" kind of hints at that. If I had said something like that you'd be calling me a liar. Actually Stan is the one who said it and you guys STILL call me a liar. lol. I suppose he might technically have a publisher even if all they did was edit, print and take his money so on points I might be wrong.

I knew a guy who rented a small office space in a large 5 story beautifully landscaped commercial building. He was selling an upstart product of some kind and made some brochures. In the brochure was a nice photo of the building with the caption, "World Headquarters." He left out the fact that the world headquarters was just a bit more than a broomcloset in that building but he was OK with leaving a different impression.

Just a bit of fun.
There you go again....nitpicking. Get a grip on yourself, man.

****There is a guy who tells his story of getting his career started when he was young and broke. He went to Universal Studios in Hollywood and sneaked by the gate guards. He saw an empty trailer on the lot.
He put a sign out on the trailer and just moved into it.
The sign read: "Steven Spielberg, Producer/Writer"
Fact or Fiction? (who cares?)

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Just a bit of fun.
You can try to crawfish all you want. You insinuated Stan was lying but that is simply not true. There is a publisher listed right in the front of the book. YOU ARE THE ONE LYING. AND KNOW YOU HAVE A NEW NICKNAME... LYING DAN.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can try to crawfish all you want. You insinuated Stan was lying but that is simply not true. There is a publisher listed right in the front of the book. YOU ARE THE ONE LYING. AND KNOW YOU HAVE A NEW NICKNAME... LYING DAN.
"smiling faces..leave no traces, of the evil that lurks within"...….(song by The Main Ingredient from long ago)

Last edited:

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So this was originally just a fun sideshow thing without much significance but now you've escalated it into a pissing match by calling me a liar. I just called Butler Books in Kentucky and spoke to a delightful lady named Carol. Carol says you are full of shit.

Here are the facts: Butler PRODUCED the book for Stan, they DID NOT publish the book even though the book might say "published by" Butler or something similar in the book. Carol said that Stan published the book himself and said he has all the copies. That is why his book is not on Butler's website showing books they published.

I asked her three or four times whether Butler published the book. She said that Stan published it himself and that they produced it -- editing, printing, etc. for him.

If I were JB I'd bet you $1000 that the above is true. Care to wager?

Dropping mic and waiting for an apology and retraction from cookie since Brian keeps telling us what a great guy he is.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So this was originally just a fun sideshow thing without much significance but now you've escalated it into a pissing match by calling me a liar. I just called Butler Books in Kentucky and spoke to a delightful lady named Carol. Carol says you are full of shit.

Here are the facts: Butler PRODUCED the book for Stan, they DID NOT publish the book even though the book might say "published by" Butler or something similar in the book. Carol said that Stan published the book himself and said he has all the copies. That is why his book is not on Butler's website showing books they published.

I asked her three or four times whether Butler published the book. She said that Stan published it himself and that they produced it -- editing, printing, etc. for him.

If I were JB I'd bet you $1000 that the above is true. Care to wager?

Dropping mic and waiting for an apology and retraction from cookie since Brian keeps telling us what a great guy he is.
Pardner, you've gone total retard with this issue.
Do you have any idea how this reads to someone who doesn't give a flip about who published what, or who said this, or who said that?
I just had my 12 year old granddaughter read your post and asked her what she thought. She said..."It sounds like some of the kids at my school".
Man...you've simply got to a grip on your emotions and abstract reasoning.
From...…... Old "Low Down Low Blow Harmonica Selling Joe"

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Stan did lie, whether intentionally or by mistaken use of terminology.

"Being published" has a certain meaning amongst people with an education. And Stan was not "published." It's very much like when, a few years ago, he claimed to have submitted his "work" to scientific/academic review. What a load of hoo-ha that was.

Stan had his book produced, not published. And, oh by the way, there was never any review of his work by anyone with academic/scientific credentials either.

Lou Figueroa

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pardner, you've gone total retard with this issue.
I have a beautiful niece with Downs so I don't appreciate that remark.

Do you have any idea how this reads to someone who doesn't give a flip about who published what, or who said this, or who said that?
For someone who doesn't care you've spent a curious amount of time posting and thumbs upping about it.

I just had my 12 year old granddaughter read your post and asked her what she thought. She said..."It sounds like some of the kids at my school".
Yeah, sure. Who's the liar now? lol

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For someone who doesn't care you've spent a curious amount of time posting and thumbs upping about it.

There you go again..right off the deep end with an attempted deflection from my point of discussion. In perfect Psaki form.
I , as you very well know, was not referring to myself, but to people who have no emotional attachment to this silly stuff of yours. (Normal people with no self serving agenda who would just like to get better at pool.)
I have an emotional attachment since Stan Shuffett is a friend of mine and I will not sit here like a mouse and let you get away with trashing him and nit-picking him to death without slashing back at you.
You're in serious need of a psychiatrist Dan White...this OCD of yours is controlling your life.
OCD morphs, quite often, into Manic Depressive. Better look out.....

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There you go again..right off the deep end with an attempted deflection from my point of discussion. In perfect Psaki form.
I , as you very well know, was not referring to myself, but to people who have no emotional attachment to this silly stuff of yours. (Normal people with no self serving agenda who would just like to get better at pool.)
I have an emotional attachment since Stan Shuffett is a friend of mine and I will not sit here like a mouse and let you get away with trashing him and nit-picking him to death without slashing back at you.
You're in serious need of a psychiatrist Dan White...this OCD of yours is controlling your life.
OCD morphs, quite often, into Manic Depressive. Better look out.....
If I didn't like you so much I'd report you for ad hominem attacks. Instead, I'd settle for less deflection on your part. I'm still waiting for your apology for agreeing with cookie that I am a liar.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is for both Lou Figueroa and Dan White to answer so please feel free. Can you please tell me and the forum what goes into publishing a book starting from writing it and all the way through to the completed project including distribution for sales.

What is the difference between a Publishing Company and/or a Publishing Services Company? What do each provide and how are fees set up?

What did Mark Wilson do with his pool instruction book in that regard and why? You know the book I'm talking about...the one Dan White gave all the praise to as one of the finest ever produced. Did a Publisher do the entire job or was it self published?

What happens financially to a book when a publisher does all of it, including sales and distribution as opposed to being "self published"?

If YOU two genius wizards had a subject of interest and wanted to write about it in a book, how would you go about it - go 100% through a publisher or self publish through a publishing services company to have control of all the books and distribution after completion? Please explain why or why not for either one.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is for both Lou Figueroa and Dan White to answer so please feel free. Can you please tell me and the forum what goes into publishing a book starting from writing it and all the way through to the completed project including distribution for sales.

What is the difference between a Publishing Company and/or a Publishing Services Company? What do each provide and how are fees set up?

What did Mark Wilson do with his pool instruction book in that regard and why? You know the book I'm talking about...the one Dan White gave all the praise to as one of the finest ever produced. Did a Publisher do the entire job or was it self published?

What happens financially to a book when a publisher does all of it, including sales and distribution as opposed to being "self published"?

If YOU two genius wizards had a subject of interest and wanted to write about it in a book, how would you go about it - go 100% through a publisher or self publish through a publishing services company to have control of all the books and distribution after completion? Please explain why or why not for either one.

It just kills you that I was right while you were labeling me as a liar. Are you man enough to apologize?

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It just kills you that I was right while you were labeling me as a liar. Are you man enough to apologize?
"What is the difference between a Publishing Company and/or a Publishing Services Company? What do each provide and how are fees set up?" (refer once again to my post #58 in this thread)
If you knew the answer to this question correctly, then you might be the one doing some apologizing.
But we all know that you've never been man enough to do something like that.

Last edited: