GOOD NEWS FOR THE "LURKERS" ABOUT CTE AIMING!

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"What is the difference between a Publishing Company and/or a Publishing Services Company? What do each provide and how are fees set up?"
If you knew the answer to this question correctly, then you might be the one doing some apologizing.
But we all know that you've never been man enough to do something like that.
So Stan who is the publisher of your book according to Carol at Butler?

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
FWIW, I was interested in Stan's publisher because I suspected, correctly, that he did not have one. Stan had a company print and possibly edit his book. That company also happened to be a publisher but did not publish his book. It sounds good to have a book "at the publisher," though.
Butler Books publishes books and that is exactly where the book was at. Your wordsmithing doesn't change that fact.

dquarasr

Registered

'throw' here and 'throw' there, deciphering degrees, angles, velocity coefficients
I have not delved into CTE beyond reading posts about it, so this is a sincere question: does CTE method inherently account for throw, squirt, swerve, and speed adjustments which influence the items I just listed? Is it more than just an aiming system to find the true contact point between the CB and the OB?

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So this was originally just a fun sideshow thing without much significance but now you've escalated it into a pissing match by calling me a liar. I just called Butler Books in Kentucky and spoke to a delightful lady named Carol. Carol says you are full of shit.

Here are the facts: Butler PRODUCED the book for Stan, they DID NOT publish the book even though the book might say "published by" Butler or something similar in the book. Carol said that Stan published the book himself and said he has all the copies. That is why his book is not on Butler's website showing books they published.

I asked her three or four times whether Butler published the book. She said that Stan published it himself and that they produced it -- editing, printing, etc. for him.

If I were JB I'd bet you $1000 that the above is true. Care to wager?

Dropping mic and waiting for an apology and retraction from cookie since Brian keeps telling us what a great guy he is.
Here are the real facts. Stan wrote a book on his own dime. Paid for everything himself. Did most of it himself with some help from family and friends. Even paid Butler Books to finish it up and publish it for him. Sure it wasn't published in the traditional sense but if you look at there website it will explain that they do CUSTOM PUBLISHING for people like Stan.

No apology necessary on my part.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have not delved into CTE beyond reading posts about it, so this is a sincere question: does CTE method inherently account for throw, squirt, swerve, and speed adjustments which influence the items I just listed? Is it more than just an aiming system to find the true contact point between the CB and the OB?
Yes it does account for the items you listed.
The method as taught by Stan Shuffett also has more detailed photographs and instructions on the Stroke than any other pool shooting book I ever saw...and I've seen 'em all. It is a total comprehensive approach to the game for professional style playing.
All of his filmed videos demonstrating its power at the table are also available free on YouTube at his YouTube site.
These are some of the big issues that the haters blaspheme it about.
They are too pig headed to study it and learn why... because they think they are just "sooo smart". And they will NOT leave you alone about it either...trashing CTE users is an obsession with them.
It does gets a little "iffy" when spin is required however. It still won't throw you under the bus, though.
The Master Encyclopedia of Pool Playing "Center Pocket Music" covers ALL OF THAT thoroughly. 428 pages of pure genius in a 'coffee table book' size 10x12, weighing 6 pounds and printed on heavy slick paper with hundreds of photographs showing you exactly how to aim the cue ball and stroke for the win!
Find out how at www.justcueit.com
CTE Book Resized smaller.jpg

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So Stan who is the publisher of your book according to Carol at Butler?
Again...refer to my post #58 in this thread.
(and my name is "Dirty Low Down Low Blow Harmonica Selling Joe".)
You wanta' buy a harmonica?

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here are the real facts. Stan wrote a book on his own dime. Paid for everything himself. Did most of it himself with some help from family and friends. Even paid Butler Books to finish it up and publish it for him. Sure it wasn't published in the traditional sense but if you look at there website it will explain that they do CUSTOM PUBLISHING for people like Stan.

No apology necessary on my part.
You are such a tool I can't imagine how you won over Brian. I like to give the benefit of doubt generally but you make it hard. It seems you are a small man.

"Sure it wasn't published in the traditional sense" ROFLMAO. I guess that will have to do as an apology even though you called me a liar again in another thread.

You were just crowing about me backpeddling and now here you are lying your ass off. My backpeddling was an acknowledgement that the book might "technically" have been published by Butler while it might not have been traditionally, as you said. Then you went on about the lying BS so I called Carol at Butler. She said repeatedly that they DID NOT publish Stan's book they produced it. "Stan self published the book and is in possession of all the copies." She could not have been more clear. If the book says "Published by Butler" then you'd have to ask them why they put that in the book. Look, the proof is on their website, https://www.butlerbooks.com/ouronlinestore.html. Stan's book cannot be found because they are not the publisher and are not selling his book.

When Stan said "the book is at my publisher" he was lying. Stan is the publisher.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You are such a tool I can't imagine how you won over Brian. I like to give the benefit of doubt generally but you make it hard. It seems you are a small man.

"Sure it wasn't published in the traditional sense" ROFLMAO. I guess that will have to do as an apology even though you called me a liar again in another thread.

You were just crowing about me backpeddling and now here you are lying your ass off. My backpeddling was an acknowledgement that the book might "technically" have been published by Butler while it might not have been traditionally, as you said. Then you went on about the lying BS so I called Carol at Butler. She said repeatedly that they DID NOT publish Stan's book they produced it. "Stan self published the book and is in possession of all the copies." She could not have been more clear. If the book says "Published by Butler" then you'd have to ask them why they put that in the book. Look, the proof is on their website, https://www.butlerbooks.com/ouronlinestore.html. Stan's book cannot be found because they are not the publisher and are not selling his book.

When Stan said "the book is at my publisher" he was lying. Stan is the publisher.
The book was published exactly how Stan planned it from the start. It's not listed on Butler's website because it was only intended to be sold by Stan.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

This thread has now gone beyond the OCD stage and has regressed into the Manic Depressive area.
😢🥺

LAMas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Theoretically there is only one "True contact point" that is aimed and effected by CTE. Good question.

CTE is short for Center (of the CB aimed) To (contact the left or right) Edge (of the OB). The other influences, throw, squirt, swerve, and speed are imparted by the shooter for a desired effect or not. Without helping english to reduce friction or gearing at impact the resulting cut angle is not geometrically correct as can be drawn on paper and measured with a protractor.

TxBullDog

Registered
Between lfiguero and Dan White, I am not sure who I need to pray for more.... LMAO How about you just say "Thank You" and move on instead of trolling.... I actually appreciate a person like Stan who has contributed to the game we all love. What have either of you done other then hate and add fuel to a fire....? Things that make you go hmmmmmmmm

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Theoretically there is only one "True contact point" that is aimed and effected by CTE. Good question.

CTE is short for Center (of the CB aimed) To (contact the left or right) Edge (of the OB). The other influences, throw, squirt, swerve, and speed are imparted by the shooter for a desired effect or not. Without helping english to reduce friction or gearing at impact the resulting cut angle is not geometrically correct as can be drawn on paper and measured with a protractor.
CTE Aiming, when performed correctly provides a slight overcut, which eliminates problems with throw or cling.
Thereby resulting in a center pocket hit....producing that beautiful "smack" sound of that center pocket hit.
Demonstrated visually and elaborated upon vocally by Stan Shuffett in the English language at: https://www.youtube.com/user/stanandlandonshuffet.
Enjoy and good wishes to you.(y)(y)
Low 500

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Between lfiguero and Dan White, I am not sure who I need to pray for more.... LMAO How about you just say "Thank You" and move on instead of trolling.... I actually appreciate a person like Stan who has contributed to the game we all love. What have either of you done other then hate and add fuel to a fire....? Things that make you go hmmmmmmmm

No hate here.

Lou Figueroa