Is Schmidt's and charlie 626 Legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We know several things.

1. John was pursuing Mosconi's record run.
2. John and his team claimed to have broken it by a hundred balls.
3. The video of the run was reviewed in it's entirely by the Billiard Congress of America and accepted as a valid claim.
4. Several well-known and well regarded individuals in the pool world have said that they watched the video and have said that the claim is valid.
5. To date no-one who has seen the run at a viewing has stated any misgivings about it.

So, unless you do not trust John and his team, do not trust the BCA, do not trust folks like Bob Jewett and Fred Agnir and Mike Bender, do not trust Predator Cues and think that these people are willing to risk their reputations by lying about the run I don't understand why you claim to have doubts?

When we speak in probabilities the likelihood of the run being legit is pretty much 100% given all of the factors in play.

So what then are exactly your concerns?

That John and his team doctored the video and fooled everyone?

That the BCA is not competent enough to validate the run based on the video?

That Bob and Fred and Predator are not competent enough to validate the run?

That esteemed world class cuemaker Mike Bender is not capable of validating the run or that he is complicit in faking it?

Let's hear your specific concerns Lou. Because simply saying you don't know what happened and therefore haven't made up your mind as to whether the run is valid or not is intellectually weak. Take a stand and defend it.

You accept that Mosconi ran 526 balls based on a signed statement attesting to it but you weren't there. A similar signed statement, a sworn affadavit, is present for John's run. All things being equal then that level of evidence is satisfied.

A further level was achieved by presenting the video to the BCA and getting their approval. So unless you think that the BCA is incompetent or complicit what further proof do you need? Because clearly seeing it with your own eyes isn't a requirement for you to believe mosconi's record.

So I do "know" what "happened" at the BCA in terms of what is most likely to have happened based on the whole picture. There is zero need to soft-pedal "doubt" here. Just like I believe that you won a state championship without needing to interview people who were there and get them on record saying that they saw you do it.

I believe that somewhere someone has a record of that event and a list of the finish order and that you wouldn't lie about something that someone else had a record of. The probability of your claim to a state championship in Wyoming (iirc) is likely to be true.

The claim of beating Mosconi's record is more likely to be true than your claim to have been a state champion for the same reasons.

If I had any doubt about your claim I would state it clearly and ask for proof and you would very likely tell me to go screw myself. Would it be right for me to traipse through the forums sowing "doubt" about your claim in an attempt to make you prove it? I don't think it would be.

In fact back when I thought you were cool I didn't doubt any of your "stories". But when it started to come out that your versions of the stories you told were not shared by others who were also present it did tarnish my trust in your "versions". But these stories were not really consequential anyway and ammounted to personal perspectives more or less. I think you are smart enough not to lie about things that would be likely to have a written record of results.

And I would hope that you think John and all of the others involved in his quest to break mosconi's record wouldn't lie about something so consequential. But seemingly you think that someone is lying about it.

Because the only two states that can exist are the run is valid or it isn't. If it isn't then the principals know it isn't and they are lying.

There is no in between state. The bca could have stated that they watched it from start to finish when they didn't but that only means that they were not being true about their statement validating the run. That wouldn't make the run invalid though which is the point of contention you continue to allege.

Your unwillingness to take a clear position on this is a clear indication that you would prefer to cast aspersions vaguely instead of making specific allegations to define your "concerns". I can't describe the colloquial term for this type of behavior on this forum but it shares letters with the famous brand Stussy.

Man-up Lou and stand for what you seem to believe. Or let me continue to define your behavior for everyone else when by you continuing to peddle accusations of fraud without directly stating it.

On this point at least Danny has shown more balls and honesty in stating his position than you have. I wouldn't worry about whether you're "good" with John Schmidt at this point because I think you have blown that at this point.
"Mexican"

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Maybe he did the run, maybe he didn't.

Lou Figueroa
Maybe Santa Claus did the run, maybe he didn't. Maybe you were a state champion, maybe you weren't. Maybe you were anything you have claimed to have been and maybe you weren't. Maybe you're a criminal maybe you you're not.

Maybe you're saying John Schmidt is a fraud and maybe you're not saying he isn't one. Maybe you're incapable of being honest maybe you are.

Maybe you will never get to see John's run. I hope not. I prefer it if every time it gets discussed you are unable to acknowledge it for the great accomplishment that it was.

Maybe you and John are good. Nah, you definitely are not.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
I think the main fact here is that the run happened and was verified by many reputable sources.

There are those that think it didnt happen... and that's fine. They are not reputable sources and are not, nor affiliated with, anyone that is an "official word" on the run. They are allowed to be wrong.

The sources JB mentioned in a previous post are more then enough for me, and one of them in particular is someone that I trust completely when it comes to pool.

H<------also a nobody...

Icon of Sin

Silver Member
Wrong!!!
There are no verifiable vocal sources who can speak with any attending knowledge of the claim to fame.
It has been published that there exists an unedited videotape. It speaks for itself.
One can can only voice their opinion and one may speak for some others, but that is only their opinion, also.
None of them are affiliated with anyone that is an "official word" on the subject run, because none of them were in attendance at the supposed claim.
They all may have some type of pool affiliation, but most of them are like the rest of us, they were brought up into the game of pool as gamblers.
Most, if not all gamblers will toss your ass in the river. It's entirely up to you to sift through the pros and cons of who(m) is shooting the truth straight.
Make your own decision. I, without wavering, have made mine. So far, it's craps, no dice.
LOL. Look you can be wrong. That's ok.

The BCA said it was legit. They would be considered the "official word". Other's have seen it and confirmed it as well. Actuall everyone who has seen it verified it legitimacy and none who have seen it have argued against it.

I'm sure it's been said somewhere in this 191 page shitshow but it's the same as the flat-earthers. They are wrong. It has been proven fact by science. Do you dispute that just because you can't see it for yourself?

Ultimately I don't give a shit either way. 14.1 is blah. This argument is fascinating though. Like a handful of people who are just regular Joe's in the pool world think that it's a conspiracy or something like that. I mean, this is Pool's version of Flat Earth, Anti-vax, Kennedy Assassination conspiracies, 9/11 Zeitgeist, and it's hysterical sitting back and watching a bunch of nobodies argue that it isn't real with a bunch of just barely not nobodies saying it is. And much like those absurd conspiracies, once the video is officially released and you are able to watch the whole thing, most who argue that it isnt legit, will not do so. Other's will watch it and make up some absurd minutia to support it's illegitimacy

In my opinion, John missed the boat on any type of decent cash grab for the video. Would I still buy a copy to own, sure, it's pool history and kinda neat. Would I pay to go to a viewing or a rental stream, fuck no... but this too makes me think the run is legit. Like he/they/whoever were really thinking of ways to market this and completely dropped the ball while simultaneously getting fucked by Covid for viewings. You keep comparing this to gamblers... these guys havent made shit off this and ultimately, won't.

H<------has proof that John Schmidt is Jack the Ripper...

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
LOL. Look you can be wrong. That's ok.

The BCA said it was legit. They would be considered the "official word". Other's have seen it and confirmed it as well. Actuall everyone who has seen it verified it legitimacy and none who have seen it have argued against it.

I'm sure it's been said somewhere in this 191 page shitshow but it's the same as the flat-earthers. They are wrong. It has been proven fact by science. Do you dispute that just because you can't see it for yourself?

Ultimately I don't give a shit either way. 14.1 is blah. This argument is fascinating though. Like a handful of people who are just regular Joe's in the pool world think that it's a conspiracy or something like that. I mean, this is Pool's version of Flat Earth, Anti-vax, Kennedy Assassination conspiracies, 9/11 Zeitgeist, and it's hysterical sitting back and watching a bunch of nobodies argue that it isn't real with a bunch of just barely not nobodies saying it is. And much like those absurd conspiracies, once the video is officially released and you are able to watch the whole thing, most who argue that it isnt legit, will not do so. Other's will watch it and make up some absurd minutia to support it's illegitimacy

In my opinion, John missed the boat on any type of decent cash grab for the video. Would I still buy a copy to own, sure, it's pool history and kinda neat. Would I pay to go to a viewing or a rental stream, fuck no... but this too makes me think the run is legit. Like he/they/whoever were really thinking of ways to market this and completely dropped the ball while simultaneously getting fucked by Covid for viewings. You keep comparing this to gamblers... these guys havent made shit off this and ultimately, won't.

H<------has proof that John Schmidt is Jack the Ripper...
Indications are that covid was a cover up for the 526 heist. I haven't seen evidence to the contrary.
Screenshot_20210610-114400__01.jpg

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Wrong!!!
There are no verifiable vocal sources who can speak with any attending knowledge of the claim to fame.
It has been published that there exists an unedited videotape. It speaks for itself.
One can only voice their opinion and one may speak for some others, but that is only their opinion, also.
None of them are affiliated with anyone that is an "official word" on the subject run, because none of them were in attendance at the supposed claim.
They all may have some type of pool affiliation, but most of them are like the rest of us, they were brought up into the game of pool as gamblers.
Most, if not all gamblers will toss your ass in the river. It's entirely up to you to sift through the pros and cons of who(m) is shooting the truth straight.
Make your own decision. I, without wavering, have made mine. So far, it's craps, no dice.
Whom would you suggest should be more trustworthy to verify this run than those who have already spoken up and verified it? Please list them and their qualifications.

Icon of Sin

Silver Member
You seem to think you know them.
Ask them to list their own qualifications with documentation and what other than a vaguely edited presented videotape of the claim, they can actually attest to.
I, on the other hand, am using John Schmidt’s and his Team’s own publications, that being his podcast and his info made public in the Billiards Digest article, and not the shown video for my stance on the issue.
This has already run it’s course and might just as well be put to rest.
No need to say more.
Do you think that everyone that has seen the video, including those that have no connection to each other, and have confirmed it is legit is just all coming together in a big money making conspiracy?

I can see them all rolling around and laughing the the hundreds of dollars they are going to make off of this video...

Guess what... no one, including John, is going to get rich off of this. Shit, he could have ran 2626 balls and practically no one would care. Maybe the 20 straight pool aficionados left on the planet would rave about it... Some other pool players like myself would think "neat". Then ask the majority of amateur pool players in this country who John Schmidt is and they have no idea.

Keep fighting the good fight. It's noble work you're doing.

gerryf

Whom would you suggest should be more trustworthy to verify this run than those who have already spoken up and verified it? Please list them and their qualifications.
There's the problem. Who is trustworthy?

Just in this thread alone....:

Danny has suggested that Bob Jewitt isn't to be relied on
June 7 2021: This is Dr. Bob Jewett's effort at 'measurement interference'. ..Just cause charlie and business assoc. promoted a non WPA sanctioned 14.1 event for a few years - does not give them the right to become Sports History scavengers - and steal Mosconi's true World Record. Post all the obfuscated #'rs u choose to bob - the people are beginnig to see the bca/csi true colors.

Danny has suggested that Nick Varner has a business conflict so can't be relied on.
Jan 20 2021 Nick Varner Falcon cues/predator cues - business interest - yes.

Also, two days AFTER Nick Varner attended Schmidt's event, Danny posted this...
Jan 15 2021. ... I do not think u have any evidence that Varner has attended their theater showing nor that he has any plans to do so.

Danny has suggested that Mark Wilson has a conflict and can't be relied on.
Jan 15 2021 Mark Wilson (also a foster child like Andy Valleria/ j.s) adoption agency corruption possible - lost his bca Pool school here in MO - as soon as he tried to give his credit to having seen the 626 tape.

Danny has suggested that Freddie Agnir is dishonest and can't be relied on.
Mar 31 2021 Interesting to me how u described their (bcapl/csi) theater show, I could not help but notice u described it as a 'production' rather than a 'new record' people in yer position have to kinda be careful with the words they choose - eh? But yea they made a hollywood production lol, if they were not trying to capitalize on Mosconi's good name it would be comical. How does it feel to be on the side that is trying to promote what is likely nothing more than - a lie? :) Does the term 'we eat our own' ring any bell for u freddie? Kinda funny the word spectacular = striking effects - hence yer term 'production'. I would not want u in my corner - bcacornerboy/freddie agnir. But yea thanksfor referencing their little theater show as a 'production' rather than a 'new record'. Ha ha spectacular zone defense - wouldn't u say.
Yes, Danny's written words can be confusing and contradictory, but you can see the problem.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

You seem to think you know them.
Ask them to list their own qualifications with documentation and what other than a vaguely edited presented videotape of the claim, they can actually attest to.
I, on the other hand, am using John Schmidt’s and his Team’s own publications, that being his podcast and his info made public in the Billiards Digest article, and not the shown video for my stance on the issue.
This has already run it’s course and might just as well be put to rest.
No need to say more.
Idiot.

Qualifications and the persons themselves are widely known in our community. Who dafaq are you?

And true to your hypocritical self.. you sieze upon any information to support your position and reject any that doesn't.

You coo-coo, buckaroo.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not fighting the ‘good’ fight.
Playing pool was/is just a past time.
I am aware of noble work.
There is no comparison of an honorable day’s labor and any effort laid at pool’s door.

No more than do you, brucielia.
He stepped out of xraytardaax's persona there. The x has mainly written in rather elementary fashion, while hairy man username has attempted to sound smart.

Status
Not open for further replies.