Anyone else have a "Most Embarrassing" at the pool hall?

tim913

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's mine:

I was playing in a tournament and there were 8 players left. I was going to play in approx 30 minutes when a big gas attack hit me so I went outside, past the weed smokers, into a secluded area of the parking lot and 'let er rip'. You know the old saying, never trust a fart, well yeah you got it. I made my way back into the building trying to hide it the best I could and into the restroom. My underwear was covered, and the back of my khaki shorts had a spot 3 inches wide and six inches long. I was in panic mode.
I stuffed my underwear into the trash can as far as I could, took off my shorts and all they had was a bar of soap at the sink. There I was with a t-shirt and a pair of shoes and nothing else. When I heard someone coming on the bouncy wood floors I would duck into a stall till they left. I finally got the color out, but the shorts were soaked in the back. I got them as dry as I could with the paper towels they had, walked back to my chair and sat down. I immediately jumped up, yelling a few choice words, stating that someone had poured beer in my chair and it was all over me. The bartender threw me a towel and in front of everyone I dried my shorts, still pissed off at the imaginary person who had done this.
I lost my next match and hurried out of there, but I got away with it. :)

Last edited:

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hit myself in the balls once. We were all standing around a table trying to get 9 rails with the CB. When my turn came up, somehow the CB bounced a hair off of the second rail, then more off of the third rail, and when it got back to the end rail (where I started the shot from), it hit me square in the balls. It was more funny than embarrassing actually.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
a drunk mate of mine fell asleep and pissed himself so i had to carry him home over the shoulder. room owner not happy, fitted carpet. my friend is sober now from atleast one of the substances, but had to change pool room.

but personally it's just missing to recognize a ball, both in 9-ball and 8-ball, both in semifinal matches. doesn't sound very embarrassing but when you play an advanced position play to land nicely on the 8-ball and then wonder why the people sitting around you are mumbling, see the remaining and now snookered solid.. it's not fun. kick, sell out, lose the match. i'm not color blind but at times i have problems with the dark green six ball against green cloth i poorly lit pool rooms.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I watched a guy with 3 girls put the balls on the billiard table, break, get down on his shot only to realize then the pockets didn’t exist. Was pretty funny.

As for myself the first time I played for $500 race to 9 getting staked. I lost 9-1 in a game I had the best of it. I dogged it so bad, and was stupid enough to ask my backer if he wanted to fire another barrel.

best
Fatboy

hurricane145

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Many embarrassing moments in pool that will haunt me forever but these are the top memorable moments!

1. More sad than embarrassing. Double elimination Vegas 8 ball tournament. 1st match lose coin flip opponent makes an 8 ball beak. 2nd match lose coin flip and opponent breaks and runs out on me! Oh well. I guess I need to practice flipping coins!

2. This was embarrassing. 9 ball tournament in a tavern, Down on the seven ball with an easy three ball out. Felt a chair against my right leg from behind. I turned my head and pushed the chair away with my right foot. Turned my head back to see the cue ball rolling a few inches as I had bumped it with my cue while pushing the chair away. BIH for the opponent who easily wins.

tim913

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I watched a guy with 3 girls put the balls on the billiard table, break, get down on his shot only to realize then the pockets didn’t exist. Was pretty funny.

As for myself the first time I played for $500 race to 9 getting staked. I lost 9-1 in a game I had the best of it. I dogged it so bad, and was stupid enough to ask my backer if he wanted to fire another barrel.

best
Fatboy
I had to tell many players, who were getting frustrated, that they were on a snooker table, but what was funny was the amount of people who asked me which restroom to use. The doors were labeled ‘Sticks’ and ‘Pockets’

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Playing quarter finals in my first big trnmnt. Played a couple of lockup safeties to get balls situated so I could run out. Took ball in hand the third time and dropped right into the cluster- returning ball in hand and a easy runout.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't have many super embarrassing moments but I recall the most embarrassing thing I have seen. It was at a local 14.1 tournament with a lot of pro players and it was the only match being played at the moment so it was a pretty good crowd watching. Grady Matthews was playing a local short stop with a somewhat unorthodox stroke. I happened to be sitting right next to Grady opposite the crowd so I had more of a player's view. The short stop seemed nervous playing in front of a crowd, I guess, because he was doing a ton of talking and joking around to himself. He has a long shot at mid table. Hits the shot and follows through. I mean really follows through, as in shoving his Balabushka right into the lights and blowing them out...Pow! Glass shards all over the table! I forget Grady's exact response but it was along the lines of "Oh my..." The room owner said, "Why the hell did I invite that guy to play." Lights were eventually fixed, table vacuumed, and Grady went on to win the match!

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I'm practicing if I miss a ball instead of shooting it a second time I move on to the next ball and then return to the ball I missed later.

I did that once in a 9 ball tournament after the opponent missed. Felt stupid but not the first time I've felt stupid.

middleofnowhere

Registered

Fatboy
I was covering a table but had not done the rails. The bed cloth was done. Two couples took a tray balls and went over to the table. They actually got a rack and racked them. Everybody in the place stopped to see if they would break the rack. It would have been hilarious. They finally caught on and put the balls on another table to a huge round of laughter. I went over to be sure they were not too embarrassed. They were ok about it.

For myself. I was playing in a pretty big tournament. The score was close, like 8 to 7 race to 11. My opponent shot a hard draw shot knocking the object ball off the table. Before anyone could do anything I walked over and picked up the cueball. The ref yelled "Hay thats not a foul" as I'm standing there with the cueball in my hand. My opponent yells out "Yea buy that is" as the whole place starts laughing. I lost probably due to what I did.

Rocket354

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My league team went to BCA nationals. Going by league standings, I was probably the second best player on the team--the top guy a legit shortstop. A couple other decent players and a total goofball.

At the nationals, I put up an 0-fer. Everyone won at least one game, even the goofball, but I somehow went 0-7. Had to try to live down the nickname "donut" the next season.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
I was playing the first Sunday of the month 9-ball tournament at HardTimes in Bellflower, CA. I broke and made the 1 ball, went and got my playing cue and came back to the table to look at my shot on the 2 and how to get shape on the 3. I got down to shoot the 2 ball and I hear someone in the stands go, *cough* "1 ball" *cough*. I look around the table and see the 1 ball is still up!

Turns out I had actually made the 5 on the break, but for some reason I thought I had made the 1. I then ran out the rack, and my opponent was justifiably pissed off. The guy in the stands who coughed and said "1 ball" was a friend of mine.

If I had gotten down and shot the 2 after breaking I would have felt more embarrassed than the way things actually transpired.

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mine happened when I was just a kid, maybe 17. A good friend on mine's older brother was in the pool room playing. This was back in 1967 or 68. He was not a good player but he was rather large and played on the football team, one of his crazy exercises was to have his brother sit on his helmet while he lay on a flat table. He would use his neck muscles to lift his brother up and down to make his neck stronger. Needless to say he was a big tough guy. Well as he took a shot and missed horribly, I sarcastically said, nice shot.. BIG mistake! Before I could blink he backhanded me across the chest with his right arm, I flew off the ground and landed about four feet away on my ass. There I am looking up at him trying to breath while he looks down at me and says," if you ever say anything like that again to me your really going to regret it." I totally believed him. The pool room was silent as I got up and slinked out the door with my tail between my legs. Embarrassed you bet I was!!

Took a couple months for me to get over that. I still see him on occasion when I go back to my hometown, we have a beer and a good laugh about it to this day.

Life goes on...

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I missed seeing a ball on the table like a couple of others stated. Playing 8 ball i broke and ran out . i stood up feeling quite proud of myself and my captain says ....you missed a ball. I turned around to see a bright orange ball sittimg right smack dab in the middle of the table...i had shot solids. The bad thing is i had shot right past the 5 with the cue ball in order to make the 8.

Here is one for you about a former team mate. He wasa 6 and cocky as heck. One of those that thought he was good and didnt mind telling anyone around how good he thought he was. He was a decent shot and new to apa and quickly rose to a 6/6. Guess it went to his head.

So we get to tri cups and the opposing team throws a 3 on mr hotshot. This was in 9 ball. I dont remember the points total but vividly remember the score being 19-1 in the 3's favor.

This 3 must have had a rabbits foot in his pocket and a pool god sitting on his shoulder. He couldnt miss anything and made so many efren type shots and was hittjng everything at warp speed and balls flyung all over the table and finding pockets.

When it was over the 6 puts hus cues in his case and walks out the door without sayung anything to anyone.

I text him later to tell him when our next match was. Never heard back. I text him a few days later when he didnt ahow for league. Never heard back. I finally get a text from him 6 months later askimg if i knew anyone who would buy his cues. He had quit pool entirely after that 3 kicked his azz and never saw or heard from him again.

I guess that azz whipping by a lowly 3 really embarrased him.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

best
Fatboy
3 girls as in 3 female kids or 3 girls as in 3 girlfriends?

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
3 girls as in 3 female kids or 3 girls as in 3 girlfriends?
It appeared to be 3 girls that were keen on him-not his girl friend and 2 friends. They were all on the menu by all appearances. Which is what made it even funnier

Was a biker kind of guy, in 88 at a pretty big room in Sacramento on a Friday or Saturday night.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
My embarrassing moment was night I drive cross town for Regular Tuesday Night 9 Ball Tournament. It was rainy Monsoon storm.

I arrived on time, only to be told by Bar Owner, we book a league tonight.

Just walking across cross the parking lot I was soaking wet, when I left after being told no tournament tonight. I got soaked second time.

Owner had everyone phones who normally played, but did not call.

Felt used, abused, and was soaked for no good reason.