Rank current 1Pocket Players

1pocketguru

Registered
How would you rank the current top 5 onepocket players in order? Is Efren still #1? Shannon Daulton? SVB? Pagulayan? Frost? Chohan? What do you think?

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i think shannon is not in the discussion anymore.

1. dennis
2. alex
3. tony
4. bustie
5. frost or filler

i would have said alex is nr 1 a year or two ago, but i don't think he is there right now, in any discipline. i hope he comes back in form to the US open 9-ball because i always enjoy his game, but i doubt it

edit: changed svb to filler

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It’s weird because you don’t often see the world’s best 9b players play 1p. And the ones that do are not grinding against the best 1p players often. Filler beat Chohan 21-17 a year ago and that maybe one matchup isn’t enough to establish the pecking order but it is enough to question it.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It’s weird because you don’t often see the world’s best 9b players play 1p. And the ones that do are not grinding against the best 1p players often. Filler beat Chohan 21-17 a year ago and that maybe one matchup isn’t enough to establish the pecking order but it is enough to question it.

filler also beat brandon shuff with convincing numbers. but i think he had a home room advantage against tony. i think tony is better. let's hope for a rematch when filler goes overseas in sept-oct. i suppose filler vs dennis won't happen as they are both in roy's stable

LHP5

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think Tony did an interview after and said something along the lines of underestimating Filler’s game. If they play again I’d expect Tony to be a bit more deliberate. That’s a match up I’d be willing to sweat. Still firmly believe that Tony is the favorite.

Still rank Dennis and Alex as 1a and 1b with Tony right behind. Bustamante is always overlooked here but can definitely still hang with everyone above. Anyone want to see a Bustamante and Tony matchup?

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like your list, But I cant put Filler over Tony because Tony has done it for so long and done it against everybody.

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Alex gave Justin 9/8 -8/7 in his home room. Win 8 ahead fairly quick...I don’t see anybody offering that game to TRex
" I think,
only played 1 set like this???
Alex won it-
Justin wanted to play more-
Alex declined???
In Florida ,
I think.
*********M y list
ALEX
TONY,
DENNIS
JUSTIN HALL