Brothers Billiards, new kind of pool room.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Because Oregon, Idaho, and Nevada all border together to create the Southwest, 3 state corner of Idaho.
Idaho also makes up the 4 states of the Pacific North West, Washington, Oregon, Alaska, AND Idaho, yet it don't border the Pacific Ocean, right.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I know what states it borders. I also know how close I'll be to Montana...which is why I referenced that I'll be going up there. My question was for coocoo anyway, do you speak for him now? Lord knows someone should.

When don’t you admit you don’t know much about Montana, I live there, travel there 40 or more times.

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
When don’t you admit you don’t know much about Montana, I live there, travel there 40 or more times.
What are you saying? I said I haven't been there. It's one of the two states I haven't visited. I'll be visiting Couer' D'Alene, which is close. I'll make a day trip. Thank you so much for letting me know that Idaho isn't Montana.

SlateMan

Registered
I'm wondering about the numbers. The annual + monthly membership will equal
$850. 50 members would equal $42,500. That doesn't sound like much to cover rent & overhead. Even if they get 100 members it's only $85,000. Are there 100 serious players in the area?
This is a great question, despite someone crapping on the question over the definition of "serious pool players". Let's ignore the semantics of what is a "serious pool player" and just go with the main question: "Are there 100 people in the area willing to shell out the membership fee and the monthly fee".

To me, the monthly fee seems very low for what you get. Around here we can pay $30-40 some nights just in table time. But using the economics given, assuming 100 members, that's $25,000 upfront and $60,000 reoccurring each year. This place needs to be staffed during the day to rent to non members. You should factor in rent, even if they own the building (there is an opportunity cost to not renting the building to someone else). Insurance, electric bills, equipment upkeep, etc. I hope they make it. This world needs more pool rooms.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
This is a great question, despite someone crapping on the question over the definition of "serious pool players". Let's ignore the semantics of what is a "serious pool player" and just go with the main question: "Are there 100 people in the area willing to shell out the membership fee and the monthly fee".

To me, the monthly fee seems very low for what you get. Around here we can pay $30-40 some nights just in table time. But using the economics given, assuming 100 members, that's $25,000 upfront and $60,000 reoccurring each year. This place needs to be staffed during the day to rent to non members. You should factor in rent, even if they own the building (there is an opportunity cost to not renting the building to someone else). Insurance, electric bills, equipment upkeep, etc. I hope they make it. This world needs more pool rooms.
Oh but there's so much more here than meets the eye😁

There's also 2 enclosed rooms in the building that a lot of though has to go into what they can be used for.

I already gave the owner an idea for those rooms he never even dreamed of, which is a perfect fit.

Court ordered attendance to DUI. Domestic Violence, Substance Abuse, and Victims Awareness classes all require and office building setting, of which the counselors pay lease, insurance, and electric bills 30 days a month for, just to be able to host those classes.

Those very same counselors can give up those offices for direct hours of use in those 2 office areas inside of Brothers Billiards at a rate of $100 an hour, based on their actual scheduled sessions, and all those attending are Court ordered to pay for their counseling as it is, so, its a win, win for the owner, and the Counselors, because they're then only paying for their hourly usage, and not by the monthly lease.

Time will tell how this place evolves in the community, but I can also safely make the statement that there are no better tables to play on within a 200 mile circle than there is at Brothers Billiards, I know that for a fact!!

Last edited:

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

And dont forget rent.... even if you own it....property tax.

This would be a good deal. A one time membership fee of $250, then $50 a month. Definitely worth it. $600 a year after the first year? Hell yeah! Local sports bar here charges $10 an hour for table time. Needs more 9 footers though.

mnorwood

Moon
Silver Member
Over the past 6 years I have been heavily involved in archery much of it club based in door archery. Pool and archery share the problem of being able to put enough bodies through the door to generate revenue. Both sports require too much space per person. Martial Arts, dance and gymnastics can cram a bunch of people in a small space multiple nights a week so the financials make more since. At least pool rooms can sell liquor and beer to cover the nut, you can't do that with archery, well you could but then you will wish you hadn't.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
billings montana, is an 8 hour drive from the spokane area. you wont be visiting to play pool. plus the city is a dump.

and currently there are no real pool rooms in montana.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
And dont forget rent.... even if you own it....property tax.

This would be a good deal. A one time membership fee of $250, then $50 a month. Definitely worth it. $600 a year after the first year? Hell yeah! Local sports bar here charges $10 an hour for table time. Needs more 9 footers though.
Montana is not a 9ft strong state, its bar table strong.

wakuljr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ever been to Montana? Playing pool is only second to fishing in this state!
In western MT we take fishing an pool very very seriously.
My custom 4 point Pechauer cue/fly rod

Attachments

• 20210701_132825~3.jpg
    20210701_132825~3.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 119

wakuljr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
billings montana, is an 8 hour drive from the spokane area. you wont be visiting to play pool. plus the city is a dump.

and currently there are no real pool rooms in montana.
No rooms is right. Here in Missoula we have a place call 3 In The Side. All black inside, floor, ceiling an walls. Ball sets are arent full set. Meaning they replace the missing cyclop balls with aramith crowns. House cues all have slip on tips. But they do have 4 9' diamnds an 4 7' diamonds , great tables.
There are some of us here(a few haha) that are 9' players, just not enough. Pool usually kinda shuts down in the summer time

realkingcobra

Silver Member
No rooms is right. Here in Missoula we have a place call 3 In The Side. All black inside, floor, ceiling an walls. Ball sets are arent full set. Meaning they replace the missing cyclop balls with aramith crowns. House cues all have slip on tips. But they do have 4 9' diamnds an 4 7' diamonds , great tables.
There are some of us here(a few haha) that are 9' players, just not enough. Pool usually kinda shuts down in the summer time
I know those tables well, I recovered and leveled them last summer, or thereabouts. All I remember was I had to sleep downstairs next to the pool tables because I didn't want to waste 2 weeks in quarantine just coming into the state before I could get started working.

wakuljr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know those tables well, I recovered and leveled them last summer, or thereabouts. All I remember was I had to sleep downstairs next to the pool tables because I didn't want to waste 2 weeks in quarantine just coming into the state before I could get started working.
I go down there every 2-3 months to remind myself why I dont go down there. Might be time to recover them again, 9' I was on had blood dried into the felt.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Another reason $50 a month is not that much.... most of you out there pay double that and more per month for cable vision, where you proceeded to sit on your ass in front of the boob tube. Screw all the politics, screw the so called celebrities, screw the NFL , screw the NBA , play pool instead.

I think I'll start a campaign. Slogan is....

DUMP CABLE... SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL BILLIARD CLUB!

Last edited:

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Oh but there's so much more here than meets the eye😁

There's also 2 enclosed rooms in the building that a lot of though has to go into what they can be used for.

I already gave the owner an idea for those rooms he never even dreamed of, which is a perfect fit.

Court ordered attendance to DUI. Domestic Violence, Substance Abuse, and Victims Awareness classes
all require and office building setting, of which the counselors pay lease, insurance, and electric bills 30 days a month for, just to be able to host those classes.

Those very same counselors can give up those offices for direct hours of use in those 2 office areas inside of Brothers Billiards at a rate of $100 an hour, based on their actual scheduled sessions, and all those attending are Court ordered to pay for their counseling as it is, so, its a win, win for the owner, and the Counselors, because they're then only paying for their hourly usage, and not by the monthly lease.

Time will tell how this place evolves in the community, but I can also safely make the statement that there are no better tables to play on within a 200 mile circle than there is at Brothers Billiards, I know that for a fact!!
Awesome! You can knock out all your appointments in one place AND play pool!

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ideologist was pioneering a similar concept with private memberships in billiard clubs.
I think it is a great concept but it’s all about the city and location thereafter. I’d eagerly
join if one became available in my neck of the woods. Meanwhile, the very best of luck.

I can tell you the pool scene in Montana is pretty amazing with lots of action, this place should do well.